SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#312427 - 01/14/11 03:14 PM New Arranger POLL- What you want
miden Offline

Loc: The World
I thought I would take up the offer from Scott to create a new poll with more options and see how it goes....
Arranger/WS options
18 choices allowed

Votes accepted starting: 01/14/11 03:14 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

#312430 - 01/14/11 03:33 PM Re: New Arranger POLL- What you want [Re: miden]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Dennis, you mention external monitor. Does this really mean built in internal speakers?? I wonder if allowing people 18 options which lets them select everything they want really gives much indication of what is really important to people. I think most people will simply select all the features they want which want really give very clear results. Maybe you should limit it to 8-10.

#312436 - 01/14/11 04:36 PM Re: New Arranger POLL- What you want [Re: Nigel]
miden Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Dennis, you mention external monitor. Does this really mean built in internal speakers?? I wonder if allowing people 18 options which lets them select everything they want really gives much indication of what is really important to people. I think most people will simply select all the features they want which want really give very clear results. Maybe you should limit it to 8-10.

Hi Nigel,

Thanks...No I did mean an external monitor. So many of the screens available on arrangers are so small, that editing (even if possible via the OS) is a real PITA for what you can actually see.

I also wanted everyone to be able to vote on everything because I believe that WILL give a clear picture of what the "consensus" arranger/workstation would be. Well to those of us who are members of SZ smile

At the very least, we will get the most favoured options smile

Although if you could "sticky" this poll, that would be appreciated smile

Thanks m8,

Dennis

#312438 - 01/14/11 04:56 PM Re: New Arranger POLL- What you want [Re: miden]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: miden
I thought I would take up the offer from Scott to create a new poll with more options and see how it goes....
Thanks! I've just stuffed the ballot box by casting my votes. grin

#312445 - 01/14/11 05:38 PM Re: New Arranger POLL- What you want [Re: miden]
miden Offline

laugh

#312493 - 01/15/11 04:59 AM Re: New Arranger POLL- What you want [Re: miden]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: miden

Hi Nigel,

Thanks...No I did mean an external monitor. So many of the screens available on arrangers are so small, that editing (even if possible via the OS) is a real PITA for what you can actually see.

I also wanted everyone to be able to vote on everything because I believe that WILL give a clear picture of what the "consensus" arranger/workstation would be. Well to those of us who are members of SZ smile

At the very least, we will get the most favoured options smile

Although if you could "sticky" this poll, that would be appreciated smile

Thanks m8,

Dennis

Gotcha I thought you may have been referring to an audio monitor. So no-one really cares about onboard speakers ? Well apart from Uncle Dave that is. And it was already sticky before you asked lol.

#312528 - 01/15/11 10:59 AM Re: New Arranger POLL- What you want [Re: miden]
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

made my choices.....what's most important to me is high quality keys, great sounds, huge arsenal of styles (especially classical and soundtrack) disk streaming sampler, fully editable sequencer, chord track (not chord sequencer), low weight, medium price.

I can live with all the rest.

#312529 - 01/15/11 11:01 AM Re: New Arranger POLL- What you want [Re: miden]
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

by 'medium price' I mean not more than £ 1700 -2000

Korg prices their excellent synth workstations almost always at £ 1699, so that's what I'd expect to pay for an excellent instrument.

#312633 - 01/16/11 03:25 AM Re: New Arranger POLL- What you want [Re: miden]
Bachus Offline

I'd love to see more innovation on the style engine, things like FULL audio styles and KARMA integration come to my mind
I'd love to see more controllers added, ribbon controller, vector stick, Pad touch sensitive drum pads, D-beam..
I'd love to see full fledged master keyboard functionallity
I'd love to see Articualtion voices or even other synth engines like VL added.. I.e. a KRonos version of an Arranger

My major gripes with the poll list is that there are only things on the list allready available in current arrangers.. While arrangers need (in my opinion) to evolve to the next level with new features..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#312648 - 01/16/11 06:51 AM Re: New Arranger POLL- What you want [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

judging by the polls 76 keys isn't such a big deal.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online