SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#313992 - 01/26/11 11:37 AM No man is an Island?
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Hi guys.

I was happy to learn that this community includes people of various ages. As for me, I’m 24 now and I don’t know what to say about it. Certainly, mainly it’s just numbers and a man can in fact be childish or mature, young or obsolete however old he is.

On the other hand, there are parents and sons. And it’s kinda happens that the sons sometimes grow up into the world that is different from the one that their parents have been living in.

I’m not sure if I put it in words correctly. Actually, there’s a saying in Russia that goes as “happiness is when you’re understood”, in other words, when they (people) get you, it’s pretty good. Recently I kind of started to get this saying since I realized that of the people I know there’re quite a few who respond to my words in their specific way and instead of saying something judgmental or light-minded, they advise something that can work considering my personality. At least, they try to do that.

Also, there’s another saying the meaning of which is that you can’t find someone who is already your friend, it takes time to become friends with someone, but as for me, I don’t share it, maybe I don’t have enough experiences.

#314023 - 01/26/11 02:58 PM Re: No man is an Island? [Re: Kabinopus]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Surprisingly serious observations with a lot of introspective thought on your end.

I'll personally enjoy your contributions here, and you're the age of my grandson (my drummer in my jazz group).

Just a word of advice: keep developing your intellectual side, but never forget the fun side...laughter at yourself and at the silliness you find in the world goes a long way toward enjoying yourself and having other people enjoy what you say and do. Sometimes pointing out the silliness in what is intended to be a serious observation is the best way to make a point in an entertaining and memorable way.

Now, about you...what do you play? Are you a multi-instrumentalist? Any pro experience? Aspirations?

Let's here from you.

Glad you're here. We have a pretty diverse and widely disbursed group, and I especially enjoy opinions from folks of a different age, culture...those speaking a different language, etc.

Best personal wishes!

Russ

#314055 - 01/26/11 10:31 PM Re: No man is an Island? [Re: Kabinopus]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Welcome to the high brow section of the SZ...

(Just kidding...)

Yours is not a name I'm familiar with, so like Russ...I'd like to more about you and your music...

#314065 - 01/27/11 12:44 AM Re: No man is an Island? [Re: Kabinopus]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Well, in a creative sense, I introduced myself here.

#314085 - 01/27/11 05:26 AM Re: No man is an Island? [Re: Kabinopus]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Good stuff...

Very creative and technically nicely done...

#314098 - 01/27/11 10:30 AM Re: No man is an Island? [Re: Kabinopus]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Liked it the first time I heard it....STILL DO!

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online