SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#313954 - 01/25/11 09:54 PM Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Here's a demo of the Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer. cool
Though I would have preferred Robbie to only utilize the vocal harmonizer at the chorus & only on specific phrase(s)/words,
I think he does a great job smile showcasing (both audibly & visually) how the Tyros 4 vocalizer performs.
This demos also highlights how the vocal backing style can enhance the lead singer's sound. smile

#313958 - 01/25/11 10:34 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Its seems to be significantly better than the previous harmonizers...

There is something about it I don't care for...there's an effect or quality to it that strikes me as cold and sort of sterile sounding. The Digitechs (the older ones) seem to have a warmth about them that I prefer...

That said, until I actually lay hands on one, I'll reserve final judgement...

#313961 - 01/25/11 10:49 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Dnj Offline

Thanks Scott nice find....Robbie put together a nice looking demo. Bill now that your on your own without the band anymore the T4 could only give you the edge over the T2 don't you think?.

#313962 - 01/25/11 10:51 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
My Tyros4, for my sample account, was ordered yesterday morning, and hopefully, if one is in stock, and Purolator Courier aren't battling any snow storms, I'll have it the end of the week, or at the latest, the beginning of next week.

Several owners have been commenting to me how much better the VH-2 is compared to the older one in the Tyros2/3...I'm really looking forward to putting the instrument through it's paces.

The vocal backing style really adds to the lead singer's sound...I agree that he should have used the harmonizer effect more judiciously. It did sound pretty darn good all the same.

I also run my Yamaha CS-01 analog mono synth through the vocal harmonizer for pseudo polyphony...the VH-2 should be even more effective.

Ian

#313963 - 01/25/11 11:01 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Thanks Scott nice find....Robbie put together a nice looking demo. Bill now that your on your own without the band anymore the T4 could only give you the edge over the T2 don't you think?.

Are you still considering a Tyros4, Donny, or does the S910 still do the job for you?

You use an outboard harmonizer, do you not?

What would be the advantage of having a Tyros4 if you already have great vocal harmony happening with the S910? Wouldn't the next generation S-series be enough for your needs?

I would think a Korg PA-3XPro would be a nice change for you, if you are getting tired of the Yamaha sound?

Have you completely given up on getting an Audya?

I know...so many questions!

But, I'm interested.

Ian

#313964 - 01/25/11 11:01 PM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: ianmcnll]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Here is another demo by MV:

#313969 - 01/26/11 12:38 AM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Donnie-

There's certain elements of the T4 that I really love...the improved SA voices, especially the clarinet, the beefed up sound in general, the drums, etc...The on board VH I don't think will ever replace the external Digitechs, for me. But still, that's a pretty hefty price tag for an upgrade. I'm not a fan of the jazz voices-which I think are gimmicky and be something I'd rarely use...

I might be better off picking up a used T3...

We also want a new driveway and some landscaping around the year, which could be some pretty crazy cash. (My wife fancies this colored concrete driveway stuff? It looks incredible, but it ain't cheap, let's say...)

I think if I was unhappy with my T2 in some way, but I'm not...not whatsoever. The upgrade from the T1 to the T2 was imo, incredible. I have both boards and A/B-ing them is quite a contrast.

If only the various instrument sounds could be reverse compatable, I'd buy that new clarinet in a heartbeat, lol...

#313982 - 01/26/11 10:06 AM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Bill in Dayton
There is something about it I don't care for...there's an effect or quality to it that strikes me as cold and sort of sterile sounding. The Digitechs (the older ones) seem to have a warmth about them that I prefer...
hi Bill smile , do you have a Digitech vh song recording you've made to give us the opportunity to compare?

#313983 - 01/26/11 10:12 AM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Originally Posted By: Bill in Dayton
hi Bill smile , do you have a Digitech vh song recording you've made to give us the opportunity to compare?

As a vocalist I'd be very interested in comparing & hearing that also between the Digitech & T4 VH2.....

Edited by Dnj (01/26/11 10:32 AM)

#313990 - 01/26/11 11:28 AM Re: Demo of Tyros 4 Vocal Harmonizer (VH2) [Re: Scottyee]
Bill in Dayton Offline

I think this hymn was recorded with the Digitech Access or VR, not sure which...I've had both a long time.

http://www.billcorfield.com/ITISWELL.wma

Everything else on my site has the Yammie harmonizer...

If I recall, I used two voices above my lead, my lead vocal was set at full volume (40), the harmony was set around 32-34 and I pull most of my reverb from my amp...

I used a "Slow Worship" style on my T2. Grand piano was my main instrument, strings were my second...Didn't use anything else. Recorded it in one pass...

Hadn't listened to that for a while. It was my Mom's favorite hymn and I think I recorded shortly after she died a few years back..

Enjoy...

ps-You may want to bump up your volume...the levels aren't that loud...

Edited by Bill in Dayton (01/26/11 11:31 AM)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online