SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#314603 - 01/30/11 02:00 PM Synthzone Forum Display Problem (again)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Today, for the second or third time now since the forum upgrade, the posting threads in the 'General Arranger Keyboard' section of the Synthzone forum temporarily disappeared. The only threads left showing are stickys and anonymous postings dated 1969. After 15 minutes to an hour or so, everything comes back to normal. I assume Nigel is aware of this going on, but just in case not, thought I'd better post this, as I'm not certain if it was merely the system auto correcting the problem itself,or if Nigel had an active hand in fixing it. Thanks. - Scott

#314605 - 01/30/11 02:20 PM Re: Synthzone Forum Display Problem (again) [Re: Scottyee]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That just sort of sounds like what you would see if you sort the forum by something other than "Posted". Are you sure you didn't accidentally click on "Subject:", "Replies" or "Views" on the top bar to sort from the default "Posted" sorting. Easy to do if you don't realize that bar is hot. I actually didn't know until I started investigating this.

#314606 - 01/30/11 02:32 PM Re: Synthzone Forum Display Problem (again) [Re: Scottyee]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
It's that time space warp continuum thingy going on again I guess Scott. It only affects the General Arranger forum apparently too for whatever reason. Another example is my own supposed Synthzone registration date listed on my profile as October 27, 2003 when I know full well I was posting on this forum as far back as 2001. I already mentioned it before in a previous post hoping Nigel would rectify the situation but, alas, nuttin' has changed. wink Oh well... Hopefully we're not on the verge of another massive server crash losing every bit of data in the process like we did several years ago. eek I would think Nigel has back-up capability to prevent something like that from happening again though.

Nigel??

#314613 - 01/30/11 03:32 PM Re: Synthzone Forum Display Problem (again) [Re: keybplayer]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: keybplayer
It's that time space warp continuum thingy going on again I guess Scott. It only affects the General Arranger forum apparently too for whatever reason.

I mention what that probably was in the above posting.

Originally Posted By: keybplayer

Another example is my own supposed Synthzone registration date listed on my profile as October 27, 2003 when I know full well I was posting on this forum as far back as 2001.

I think you may have been one of the members ( like Scott and a few others ) that was found to have duplicate member records when the forum changeover happened due to an old problem with the forum back then. So the forum software picked the later entry as the current entry. That will probably be what happened with you. But I can't change the timestamp as it isn't human readable to edit.

#314615 - 01/30/11 03:46 PM Re: Synthzone Forum Display Problem (again) [Re: Scottyee]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Gotcha Nigel.. wink

All the best,
Mike

PS: You know I was kidding about the time warp space continuum thingy right? smile

#314616 - 01/30/11 03:53 PM Re: Synthzone Forum Display Problem (again) [Re: Nigel]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Nigel
That just sort of sounds like what you would see if you sort the forum by something other than "Posted".
Bingo . . Problem Solved! Thanks Nigel. cool

#314621 - 01/30/11 04:20 PM Re: Synthzone Forum Display Problem (again) [Re: Scottyee]
Nigel Offline
Admin

But it is kinda fun to try sorting by most views or most replies. Of course clicking on "Posted" toggles bewteen latest and earliest posts. Thats also when you see a handful of those blank anonymous posts come up. They just need to be deleted.

It really is just another fun new forum display control you can play with.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online