SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#313089 - 01/19/11 01:58 PM LIVE IN YOUR FACE DRUMS not Important anymore?
Dnj Offline

Seems only a short while ago everyone was raving about the Audya and its IN YOUR FACE drums versus any other arranger on the market. Go back & read the old posts to refresh wink...Now since the release of the Tyros4 & Korg PA3x you hardly hear about them let alone the Audya 76 Audya61 at all anymore..Hmmmmmm? strange isn't it?.... is everybody satisfied with the t4/Pa3x drums to a point where they are now equal to the great Live sound of the Audya or is it that something new makes you forget?
Let's face it we really have three newer TOTL units now that are all different in many ways. It just struck me funny that no one is commenting on how LIVE they sound vs Canned CD.

#313123 - 01/19/11 05:07 PM Re: LIVE IN YOUR FACE DRUMS not Important anymore? [Re: Dnj]
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I haven't see any post about the Audya also. I tried the audya for a night that a buddy let me use and I have to say the styles were great. I think its probaly one of the best sounding keyboards out there. But I still have doubts if the all of the glitches were resolved (style looping issue)and I find that Ketron USA really does not want a dealer network either. I'm waiting for this big push on styles, but its been two years since the audya release and nothing yet. I don't want to purchase another keyboard and be left out in the cold with style support like I was with the SD5.

I have not tried the T4 yet, but going through all of the videos and demos, I don't see anything that is much different from the T3, which I pasted on.

I'm hoping I can try both T4 & PA3x. I have GC, 1 mile away and SA, 4 miles away and both refuse to carry anymore arranger keyboards.

One day I'll have to shoot up to Franks when he get them in.

#313126 - 01/19/11 05:17 PM Re: LIVE IN YOUR FACE DRUMS not Important anymore? [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny
The PA2 drums are just right for me and the PA3 are supposed to be better yet.

IMHO, In your face drums are only important for playing in front of a dance crowd..something I do not do. I would hate to have to tone them down for normal music.

Once you tweek the master EQ a bit (and you also have a 3 band EQ for EVERY track) in the PA....it has PLENTY of punch.

#313132 - 01/19/11 05:37 PM Re: LIVE IN YOUR FACE DRUMS not Important anymore? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Since nobody much has actually HEARD the PAX3 drums it's hard to tell.
I didn't buy a Tyros 4 simply because the drums didn't improve enough to suit me.
It is well documented how great the Audya drums are, so no need to keep harping on it.
Roland drums are acceptable to me, and on some styles the Yamahas are o.k., but on too many they are not. Again, this is FOR ME.
DonM

#313136 - 01/19/11 05:49 PM Re: LIVE IN YOUR FACE DRUMS not Important anymore? [Re: DonM]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I'm finding the T4 drums are purposely toned down in most of the styles. I have edited the styles and raised the levels of both the drums and the bass, and they sound pretty comparable to the other keyboards you mention.

The Ketron is so in your face because they are the most prominent instrument in the mix; that in itself has it's drawbacks.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#313142 - 01/19/11 07:11 PM Re: LIVE IN YOUR FACE DRUMS not Important anymore? [Re: kbrkr]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
I'm finding the T4 drums are purposely toned down in most of the styles. I have edited the styles and raised the levels of both the drums and the bass, and they sound pretty comparable to the other keyboards you mention.

The Ketron is so in your face because they are the most prominent instrument in the mix; that in itself has it's drawbacks.

So your saying you can make the T4 drums sound just as good "in your face" live as the Audya?

#313146 - 01/19/11 08:06 PM Re: LIVE IN YOUR FACE DRUMS not Important anymore? [Re: kbrkr]
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
[quote=kbrkr]I'm finding the T4 drums are purposely toned down in most of the styles. I have edited the styles and raised the levels of both the drums and the bass, and they sound pretty comparable to the other keyboards you mention.

I find the same to be true in the Tyros 1. If you go into the OS and play around with it, you can have drums coming out of your butt. I've see Gary's posts over the years about how he tweaks the PSR 3000. Well let me tell you, spend time in the style editor and you can have your styles kicking ass. I can't believe it took me this long to discover this!

Joe

#313151 - 01/19/11 08:34 PM Re: LIVE IN YOUR FACE DRUMS not Important anymore? [Re: Dnj]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
One of the main faults I found with the Tyros 1 that I owned is the drums were not loud enough in the style for my use. I like to use an arranger in a trio with a sax and trumpet player. In a trio the drums were never loud enough to suit me.

Tom

Tom

#313153 - 01/19/11 08:53 PM Re: LIVE IN YOUR FACE DRUMS not Important anymore? [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Tom, that's my point. As they are, the drums are not loud enough at all. In some instances, they suck. However, go into the style editor and crank them up, and with a great PA system, they will blow you out of the room.

Joe

#313155 - 01/19/11 09:01 PM Re: LIVE IN YOUR FACE DRUMS not Important anymore? [Re: Songman55]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Songman55
Tom, that's my point. As they are, the drums are not loud enough at all. In some instances, they suck. However, go into the style editor and crank them up, and with a great PA system, they will blow you out of the room.

Joe

Joe I think we are confusing the point that it is not just loudness of the drums..... any arranger can increase the levels...it is the actual DRUM SAMPLE that needs to sound like a "LIVE" drummer not a compressed CD. Here lies the problem in question.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online