SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#312619 - 01/15/11 09:22 PM Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi folks, had a great telephone chat with SZ member buddy Frank Ventresca from Audioworks earlier today and wanted to fill you in on a couple of things regarding the Korg Pa3X. Many of you may not be aware that the Pa3X currently being demoed at Namm, though pretty much cosmetically and physically completed, on the software side, its still in the final development stages, as the release date's not until April/May.

The reason Korg's showing the Pa3X now is because they want to give it exposure at Naam so Americans can see & hear it and provide input to help make the Pa3X a keyboard that truly appeals to Americans, in addition to the European & Middle Eastern markets.

I for one really appreciate Korg's genuine interest in listening to its customers, which includes us here, as clearly evidenced by Korg's implementation of the Rootless Chord recognition feature, and now with the Pa3X, the Chord Sequencer. One of the Korg reps I spoke with assured me this was not merely a coincidence.

With our continued input here, and I know for a fact that key people from Korg read our forum regularly and are more than familiar with many of us and what we post, especially the active participants, and keep up with pretty much everything posted, so I'm confident that they're working hard to release a Pa3X, of at least to some degree, with us in mind. cool

With Frank Venstresca's permission, I posted to my YouTube channel. this short YouTube clip he shot of Steve McNally demonstrating the Pa3X yesterday at the Namm Korg Booth. Thanks Frank:

#312620 - 01/15/11 09:28 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Thanks for this update Scottyee.

#312623 - 01/15/11 10:37 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
At last Finally, here's the latest 2011 Namm Show video demo of the Pa3X (with decent audio quality) presented by KORG smile

Wow, this 'sounds' a lot more like what I had initially hoped for in the Pa3X ! cool new features + rich full sound ! cool

#312627 - 01/15/11 11:31 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Thanks Scott...Yes a much MUCH better demo...Maybe I am swinging back a bit after this one....Dunno yet. I would really need to see the manual. But I don;'t think that will be available until MusikMesse.

Dennis

#312635 - 01/16/11 03:35 AM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
Beakybird Offline

That board has some amazing goodies. I see a foreboding trend of the machine doing everything and the musician very little - with the pitch correction and the dual mp3 player. A great showman/dj with very little musical ability could probably put on an impressive show with this board.

We're starting to see features that were normally only found on softsynths arriving in a keyboard.

I'm very impressed.

#312641 - 01/16/11 04:53 AM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
Everything you say sounds very good but speaking for myself, I and many players would agree that we don't need more bells and whistles(like vocal remover), the year is 2011 and a few things are not acceptable, we need bread a butter features, for example 128 polyphony(shame on YAMAHA also)why not 256 voices? USER RAM we need 1 GIG or 2 or how about 16?,unreliable switches,and a PC program to edit the keyboard, and after market support like updates to fix the main glitches in their operating system. I don't care if they have the best Piano out or the best Steel Guitar KORG's biggest selling area for arrangers is Europe and the Oriental markets so they should consider some more drastic changes in order to convince the current owners. I hope something changes by the time the PA3X hits the market.

Edited by vangelis (01/16/11 04:55 AM)

#312647 - 01/16/11 06:45 AM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: vangelis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: vangelis
Everything you say sounds very good but speaking for myself, I and many players would agree that we don't need more bells and whistles(like vocal remover), the year is 2011 and a few things are not acceptable, we need bread a butter features, for example 128 polyphony(shame on YAMAHA also)why not 256 voices? USER RAM we need 1 GIG or 2 or how about 16?,unreliable switches,and a PC program to edit the keyboard, and after market support like updates to fix the main glitches in their operating system. I don't care if they have the best Piano out or the best Steel Guitar KORG's biggest selling area for arrangers is Europe and the Oriental markets so they should consider some more drastic changes in order to convince the current owners. I hope something changes by the time the PA3X hits the market.

Biggest improement is they went back to black!!!

#312650 - 01/16/11 07:55 AM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Thanks Scott,

#312656 - 01/16/11 09:06 AM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Dnj]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA

[/quote]

Biggest improvement is they went back to black!!! [/quote]

I don't see how that's a major improvement, unless we are in a beauty pageant competition or the other thing is you have some problem vision wise, speaking in general, I guess that might help?

#312660 - 01/16/11 09:25 AM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: vangelis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: vangelis

Biggest improvement is they went back to black!!! [/quote]

I don't see how that's a major improvement, unless we are in a beauty pageant competition or the other thing is you have some problem vision wise, speaking in general, I guess that might help? [/quote]

I was only joking as to imply they could have done much more internally, eg: Ram, Poly, etc, at this point I'm a weak 50% sold on it... vs 85% on the Tyros 4......when I get a chance to actually play each I know opinions will change.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online