Hi folks, had a great telephone chat with SZ member buddy Frank Ventresca from Audioworks earlier today and wanted to fill you in on a couple of things regarding the Korg Pa3X. Many of you may not be aware that the Pa3X currently being demoed at Namm, though pretty much cosmetically and physically completed, on the software side, its still in the final development stages, as the release date's not until April/May.

The reason Korg's showing the Pa3X now is because they want to give it exposure at Naam so Americans can see & hear it and provide input to help make the Pa3X a keyboard that truly appeals to Americans, in addition to the European & Middle Eastern markets.

I for one really appreciate Korg's genuine interest in listening to its customers, which includes us here, as clearly evidenced by Korg's implementation of the Rootless Chord recognition feature, and now with the Pa3X, the Chord Sequencer. One of the Korg reps I spoke with assured me this was not merely a coincidence.

With our continued input here, and I know for a fact that key people from Korg read our forum regularly and are more than familiar with many of us and what we post, especially the active participants, and keep up with pretty much everything posted, so I'm confident that they're working hard to release a Pa3X, of at least to some degree, with us in mind. cool

With Frank Venstresca's permission, I posted to my YouTube channel. this short YouTube clip he shot of Steve McNally demonstrating the Pa3X yesterday at the Namm Korg Booth. Thanks Frank: