SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#312258 - 01/13/11 07:01 PM Re: NAMM 2011: Roland Arranger Module? [Re: TommyF]
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
yes, apparently it plays them from the usb stick.
In the video the guy says "plays music styles directly from the usb drive".

DocZ

#312272 - 01/13/11 07:51 PM Re: NAMM 2011: Roland Arranger Module? [Re: doc-z]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Doc,
unfortunately I can't play the video, I don't have Apple Quicktime. I installed it yesterday for another video clip, and I lost all sound on my Win7 laptop, had to uninstall, but my sound is back now, thank goodness.

Wow, if it does play actually plays user styles, it will definately be on my wish list. Been wanting an arranger module for my piano for ages.

Might see if I can get clip running on my netbook.

thank you

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#312276 - 01/13/11 08:06 PM Re: NAMM 2011: Roland Arranger Module? [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi ,
just realized there's also a U Tube clip, which I was able to play, the guy mentions USB stick & styles. If it does, then it's on my wishlist.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#312277 - 01/13/11 08:07 PM Re: NAMM 2011: Roland Arranger Module? [Re: Diki]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
Originally Posted By: DonM
Still no button for a Break/Fill. This would probably be a deal-stopper for me.
DonM

It has an FC-7 pedalboard input. I haven't seen the manual (have you?), but I would have thought that B/F (although it's probably still Roland's old Break/Mute from the G70) would be able to be mapped to one of those...

I do have an FC7. I wish the E50 would accept it but it doesn't.
The Break/mute isn't any use for me. It's easier just to hit Stop, then press the keys again when it's time to Start.
DonM

#312278 - 01/13/11 08:11 PM Re: NAMM 2011: Roland Arranger Module? [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Still no button for a Break/Fill. This would probably be a deal-stopper for me.
DonM

It has an FC-7 pedalboard input. I haven't seen the manual (have you?), but I would have thought that B/F (although it's probably still Roland's old Break/Mute from the G70) would be able to be mapped to one of those...

I do have an FC7. I wish the E50 would accept it but it doesn't.
The Break/mute isn't any use for me. It's easier just to hit Stop, then press the keys again when it's time to Start.
DonM

fingers baby fingers!!

#312337 - 01/14/11 04:45 AM Re: NAMM 2011: Roland Arranger Module? [Re: doc-z]
TommyF Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
Originally Posted By: doc-z
Any news on prices in Denmark? I guess I'll have to call a lot of people tomorrow, I really want one of these!

Doc-Z

MSRP in Denmark will be DKK 7250,- This means a retail price around DKK 6000,- First delivery is expected on the 26. of April.

#312339 - 01/14/11 05:44 AM Re: NAMM 2011: Roland Arranger Module? [Re: doc-z]
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

I own RealStrat and RealGuitar, while they sound great, and work good in a mix - they do not sound like a real guitarist playing a real guitar. I also own GuitarRig, that is only effect and amp modelling - and again the models sound good, and work great in studio mixes - the models do not sound like their hardware counterparts. I have yet to try, hear and play any modelling software or hardware that sounds like a true vintage tube amp, or a vintage Tube Screamer for that matter. Even the new fancy "Reissue" tube amps do not sound like their grandfathers.

I'm not saying that all of these sound bad, I'm saying they don't sound or feel authentic. That being said, very few have the economic privilege to own every classic amp from a Champ and Plexi to JC-120, so in value things like GuitarRig and PODs hold their own, because they do sound good. It's just not the same as flicking a switch and watch those filaments warm up and crank the thing to 11 and hear those EL's, KT's or 6L's roar. Or incase you own a JCM800 100W the screams of your neighbours begging for their sanity.

DocZ

then you want MOR or MOR2 from Eastwest / Quantum Leap. This is the only thing I found that used REAL tube amps in the recordings of the samples.

I have MOR 1. While it's advertised as a 'metal group' library, you'll find in there many great vintage sounds, like a fantastic clean Tele through a real old Fender amp, as well as strats, PRS guitars, etc, through a variety of amps.

JCM800 metal stuff:

http://www.soundsonline-europe.com/Ministry-Of-Rock/

rock stuff:

http://www.soundsonline-europe.com/Ministry-Of-Rock/

I agree with you about the modelling technology. Sounds quite fake in the end compared to real tube amps.

also check 'Fab Four' from the same company. I don't have this one library but there's some great demos there. Sounds like Beatles' equipment.

http://www.soundsonline-europe.com/Fab-Four/

And Goliath also has a nice array of real sounds from guitars and amps....

http://www.soundsonline-europe.com/Goliath/

Edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (01/14/11 05:54 AM)

#312340 - 01/14/11 05:57 AM Re: NAMM 2011: Roland Arranger Module? [Re: arranger_yes_pc_no]

PS I could not edit the above post anymore, found out that the links don't take you to the exact tracks, only to the general page of the product, so:

for MOR:

click 'hard rock' (last track in the list) for the JCM800 type sounds

clICK 'Modern Rock 1' for a more vintage sound

for Goliath:
click 'Hot Wing' for blues-Hendrix type of sounds

Edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (01/14/11 05:59 AM)

#312341 - 01/14/11 06:18 AM Re: NAMM 2011: Roland Arranger Module? [Re: doc-z]

I own RealStrat and RealGuitar, while they sound great, and work good in a mix - they do not sound like a real guitarist playing a real guitar

another thing you might want to try, is Band in a Box. It's Realtracks sounds like real performances (well, they are), and when it works well, the program is impressive. I have had many problems with it and in the end switched back to hardware arrangers, as I was wasting too much time. Even when it works well, the sheer amount of options are confusing. There is so much stuff for it that you'll find yourself sitting there for weeks.

Also, in my experience it doesn't recognizes chords as well as the hardware arrangers.

But for these Realtracks, it's hard to beat.

#312342 - 01/14/11 06:48 AM Re: NAMM 2011: Roland Arranger Module? [Re: rikkisbears]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Doc,
unfortunately I can't play the video, I don't have Apple Quicktime. I installed it yesterday for another video clip, and I lost all sound on my Win7 laptop, had to uninstall, but my sound is back now, thank goodness.

Hi Rikki
Go for the Full or mega versions and you can forget Apple QuickTime, as with this codec pack WMP will play all of them. (Make sure you tick all the boxes to assign all formats to WMP)
Hi Rikki
Go for the Full or mega versions and you can forget Apple QuickTime, as with this codec pack WMP will play all of them. (Make sure you tick all the boxes to assign all formats to WMP)
http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
Hope this helps

Bill

Hope this helps

Bill

Edited by abacus (01/14/11 06:52 AM)
Edit Reason: Forgot Link

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online