SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#312584 - 01/15/11 02:14 PM Re: Why do some say Tyros OS is no good for live Perf? [Re: leeboy]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
But Dennis, I think that, in most cases of people not liking the Korg 'sound' (or Yamaha, or anything), it boils down to a LOT more than just replacing the odd sound (which is all the RAM is big enough to do).

Plus, you have to factor in that there really isn't much OOTB in the way of samples for Korg arrangers, most of it involves a LOT of work to create a good set in the PA3. Sure, you can import samples, but you STILL have to do all the voice programming, and few arranger users are into that to the degree that you need to be to make a REALLY good sound. Even drum samples, which used to be the easiest thing to slap together, nowadays you are talking about multi-velocity cross-switches (which often import VERY strangely from Akai, for just one example) and exclusive groups (to cut one sound off with another, like hi-hats and cymbal chokes). Nothing the average arranger user is well prepared for, I expect.

Sure, if it's 'I wish it had a better oboe, then it would be perfect', the sampler is probably going to be of use. But I have a feeling that most people that say they don't like the Korg 'sound' need MUCH more than the RAM is capable of handling, even if they COULD do the work...

And yes, while Korg dole out RAM in such a manner, while Yamaha have GB's of FLASH RAM you can install, it's still 'catch-up' and trailing by a LONG margin. Korg either have to go for broke and make an end-run around Yamaha, or it's still just 'baby steps'...

#312588 - 01/15/11 02:27 PM Re: Why do some say Tyros OS is no good for live Perf? [Re: leeboy]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Diki, yep, totally agree... smile

I wish I didn't agree smile , and there was something better, but as you say, it's what arranger users have to live with..

I hate to harp on it, but this is why I decided to keep my PA2X and wait for the MusikMesse launch. After that I think I will have the perfect setup. Especially as I consider the Korg to have the best(and most straightforward) MIDI routing facilities.

I will be able to use ANY sound I want in any style I want. I can use the PA style engine to drive AUDIO samples. I directly control full-on audio styles...

Man this is getting exciting...

Rather than wait for something that will never happen from the "biggies", I am simply adding ONE device to the setup. For me, this will then represent the ideal arranger workstation I have been hunting for for several years!!

Anyhoo before I get too carried away wink , yeah I agree with what you said there.

Dennis

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online