SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#311319 - 06/19/10 04:49 AM gROOVE dj
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

is the groove DJ a complete arranger with a sampler? I might be interested in buying such a desktop unit in the future, it would be easy to connect it to an high quality,cheap master keyboard

but the Liontracs website is far from informative...no online manuals, no clear specs beside the main computer parts

any alternatives to the Groove DJ from other companies?
I had a look at the OpenLabs stuff but they don't seem arrangers to me, they seem more like optimized PC's with XP into a keyboard, which is not what I want.

#311320 - 06/19/10 05:19 AM Re: gROOVE dj
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
is the groove DJ a complete arranger with a sampler?

Yes and No.
Out of the box you have your Media Players for audio and video, VSTi's, Giga File, and much more....

However, if you want it to be an arranger you need to buy a licence for Live Arranger and then it will act like an arranger too. You also have to supply your own styles. Be it downloaded off the net or so on...

Quote:
but the Liontracs website is far from informative...no online manuals

They are there. http://www.lionstracs.com/download/GROOVEX6OS4.pdf

Quote:

There's nothing like what Lionstracs are doing. Open Lab$ make PC's in keyboard cases. Lionstracs take the concept much further. Sort of like, you get all the benefits of the PC, but none of the headaches as Lionstracs OS sits on top of the PC OS and makes everything feel integrated.

James.

#311321 - 06/19/10 09:06 AM Re: gROOVE dj
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:
is the groove DJ a complete arranger with a sampler? I might be interested in buying such a desktop unit in the future, it would be easy to connect it to an high quality,cheap master keyboard

but the Liontracs website is far from informative...no online manuals, no clear specs beside the main computer parts

I had a look at the OpenLabs stuff but they don't seem arrangers to me, they seem more like optimized PC's with XP into a keyboard, which is not what I want.

if you like to make it a arranger you can better buy Groove X6 Expander.
http://www.lionstracs.com/store/groove-x6-d-p-235.html

this one is totally like Groove X6 only without keybed, on DJ one you will miss some important keys for sounds and................

#311322 - 06/20/10 01:58 AM Re: gROOVE dj

hi James, thanks for the response, much appreciated. For now I'll stick to my 'closed-ended' workstation, but in the future I might want one of the Liontracs machines. I agree about what you said about Liontracs vs Open Labs, the latter is just basically a PC into a keyboard. I would not want to see Windows XP even from a distance, while I am working on the music. I don't know how many years I wasted resolving reliability problems with XP...from now on I'll just use machines that you can turn on and use immediately. But the Liontracs products seem definitely something I will keep my eye on. Cheers

#311323 - 06/20/10 02:01 AM Re: gROOVE dj

hi AFG, yes that's what I thought after I wrote my post, as I saw the x6d, in fact I am no DJ.
On the Liontracs site is a bit hard to work out exactly what is what.
Thanks for the suggestions, you are def right, the x6d would be a better choice considering the use. Cheers

#311324 - 06/20/10 02:05 AM Re: gROOVE dj

James , do you have a link for the X6D manual instead?
They really should put the manuals well in sight as it would give a better idea of the features of the machines.
Thank you, Luigi

#311325 - 06/20/10 02:48 AM Re: gROOVE dj
AFG Music Offline

#311326 - 06/21/10 01:29 AM Re: gROOVE dj

thanks, I saw the links before but instead of scrolling to the bottom of the page I was adding the manuals in the cart....didn't realize that they were on the bottom of the page. Need more coffee....

#311327 - 06/22/10 02:46 AM Re: gROOVE dj

I have emailed Liontracs with some questions about their product, didn't get a reply. I even wrote to them in Italian.

I did also email them another time a few months ago, with the same result.

Needless to say, all that hardly makes me feel like I want to invest over 2000 euros on their product.

#311328 - 06/22/10 07:48 AM Re: gROOVE dj
tastenpoint.at Offline

Loc: AUSTRIA
Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:
I have emailed Liontracs with some questions about their product, didn't get a reply. I even wrote to them in Italian.

I did also email them another time a few months ago, with the same result.

Needless to say, all that hardly makes me feel like I want to invest over 2000 euros on their product.

hi arranger_yes_pc_no. let domenico time to answer, he´s this time very, very busy with development.... and more.....

i´m sure you get anser soon....

regards
helmut www.lionstracs.eu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online