gROOVE dj

Posted by: arranger_yes_pc_no

gROOVE dj - 06/19/10 04:49 AM

is the groove DJ a complete arranger with a sampler? I might be interested in buying such a desktop unit in the future, it would be easy to connect it to an high quality,cheap master keyboard

but the Liontracs website is far from informative...no online manuals, no clear specs beside the main computer parts

any alternatives to the Groove DJ from other companies?
I had a look at the OpenLabs stuff but they don't seem arrangers to me, they seem more like optimized PC's with XP into a keyboard, which is not what I want.
Posted by: Irishacts

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/19/10 05:19 AM

Quote:
is the groove DJ a complete arranger with a sampler?

Yes and No.
Out of the box you have your Media Players for audio and video, VSTi's, Giga File, and much more....

However, if you want it to be an arranger you need to buy a licence for Live Arranger and then it will act like an arranger too. You also have to supply your own styles. Be it downloaded off the net or so on...

Quote:
but the Liontracs website is far from informative...no online manuals

They are there. http://www.lionstracs.com/download/GROOVEX6OS4.pdf

Quote:

There's nothing like what Lionstracs are doing. Open Lab$ make PC's in keyboard cases. Lionstracs take the concept much further. Sort of like, you get all the benefits of the PC, but none of the headaches as Lionstracs OS sits on top of the PC OS and makes everything feel integrated.

James.
Posted by: AFG Music

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/19/10 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:
is the groove DJ a complete arranger with a sampler? I might be interested in buying such a desktop unit in the future, it would be easy to connect it to an high quality,cheap master keyboard

but the Liontracs website is far from informative...no online manuals, no clear specs beside the main computer parts

I had a look at the OpenLabs stuff but they don't seem arrangers to me, they seem more like optimized PC's with XP into a keyboard, which is not what I want.

if you like to make it a arranger you can better buy Groove X6 Expander.
http://www.lionstracs.com/store/groove-x6-d-p-235.html

this one is totally like Groove X6 only without keybed, on DJ one you will miss some important keys for sounds and................

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/20/10 01:58 AM

hi James, thanks for the response, much appreciated. For now I'll stick to my 'closed-ended' workstation, but in the future I might want one of the Liontracs machines. I agree about what you said about Liontracs vs Open Labs, the latter is just basically a PC into a keyboard. I would not want to see Windows XP even from a distance, while I am working on the music. I don't know how many years I wasted resolving reliability problems with XP...from now on I'll just use machines that you can turn on and use immediately. But the Liontracs products seem definitely something I will keep my eye on. Cheers

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/20/10 02:01 AM

hi AFG, yes that's what I thought after I wrote my post, as I saw the x6d, in fact I am no DJ.
On the Liontracs site is a bit hard to work out exactly what is what.
Thanks for the suggestions, you are def right, the x6d would be a better choice considering the use. Cheers

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/20/10 02:05 AM

James , do you have a link for the X6D manual instead?
They really should put the manuals well in sight as it would give a better idea of the features of the machines.
Thank you, Luigi
Posted by: AFG Music

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/20/10 02:48 AM

http://www.lionstracs.com/download/GROOVEX6OS4.pdf

http://www.lionstracs.com/store/lionstracsmanuals-p-144.html

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 06-20-2010).]

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/21/10 01:29 AM

thanks, I saw the links before but instead of scrolling to the bottom of the page I was adding the manuals in the cart....didn't realize that they were on the bottom of the page. Need more coffee....

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/22/10 02:46 AM

I have emailed Liontracs with some questions about their product, didn't get a reply. I even wrote to them in Italian.

I did also email them another time a few months ago, with the same result.

Needless to say, all that hardly makes me feel like I want to invest over 2000 euros on their product.
Posted by: tastenpoint.at

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/22/10 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:
I have emailed Liontracs with some questions about their product, didn't get a reply. I even wrote to them in Italian.

I did also email them another time a few months ago, with the same result.

Needless to say, all that hardly makes me feel like I want to invest over 2000 euros on their product.

hi arranger_yes_pc_no. let domenico time to answer, he´s this time very, very busy with development.... and more.....

i´m sure you get anser soon....

regards
helmut www.lionstracs.eu

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/22/10 10:51 AM

well, aren't we all very busy ?

No problem though. Thanks for letting me know
Posted by: miden

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/22/10 12:41 PM

Lionstracs are in the middle of changing internet servers, AND moving address.

Domenico let us know this in another thread some days ago. He will be "off-line" for several days.

Dennis

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/23/10 03:35 AM

ok, thanks for the clarification
Posted by: LIONSTRACS

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/23/10 03:58 AM

I can reply here with my Iphone..no DSL on my old office till next monday.
I never get a email from you...for sure is my spam filter, how you have contacted me? by the contact US web site or direct email??

let me know
-------------------
Sent by Iphone
Posted by: spalding1968

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/23/10 04:49 AM

arranger_yes_pc_no

You have to bear in mind that There is noone else to help Dom deal with quries and technical issues with any of the MS range. If Dom is not available for whatever reason you have to just wait until he becomes available. But Irish Acts, Ensnareyou, Miden and AFG who all have access to an MS are very helpful and it might be easier to address all your technical queries here first and if you cant get an answerthen try Dom

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/24/10 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
arranger_yes_pc_no

You have to bear in mind that There is noone else to help Dom deal with quries and technical issues with any of the MS range. If Dom is not available for whatever reason you have to just wait until he becomes available. But Irish Acts, Ensnareyou, Miden and AFG who all have access to an MS are very helpful and it might be easier to address all your technical queries here first and if you cant get an answerthen try Dom

well...hopefully he'll get some help in the future.

the guys you mentioned are very helpful and that's great, but I can't bug them for everything I want to know.
Well I can't say that Dom is unresponsive, at least he keeps us informed here. On a surface level I would think that a company like Yamaha or Roland would provide a faster response compared to a small company, but is it really so? I lived and learned too and I know that appeareances can be very deceiving, and a smaller company could maybe provide better support than a corporate one. It probably has nothing to do with how big or how small, as the company itself.

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/24/10 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
I can reply here with my Iphone..no DSL on my old office till next monday.
I never get a email from you...for sure is my spam filter, how you have contacted me? by the contact US web site or direct email??

let me know

from the website. If you'll have an ex-demo , used or a deal on the GROOVE X6 D, let me know. Maybe not, but asking doesn't hurt.

How much do you charge for shipping it ?

A dumb question:
Does the instrument comes from Italy or the US ? I am in the UK so if it comes from Italy is ok as I would not pay import taxes.

All this is not urgent, as I'll have to weight all my reasons for purchasing and still have other tech questions, so I'll take my time. You guys let me know when you have some time. Thanks

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 06-24-2010).]

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/24/10 07:18 AM

Hi
I just get back today the Groove X-6 D Expander developement from Norbert, the guy that develope the Live-arranger.
I have only to reformat all and install again the all library.
For this I can make a nice deal.

On webstite I never get your email..try to resend it or let me know how to contact you.
I shipping the Groove direct from Italy to UK, then not need to pay the tax.
cheers
-------
Sent by Iphone

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/24/10 10:13 AM

ok will email again

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/24/10 10:14 AM

Dom, from which of these links should I email you ?

LIONSTRACS.EU

LIONSTRACS.AT

LIONSTRACS-HANNOVER.DE

LIONSTRACS-BOCHUM.DE

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/24/10 10:20 AM

all this are reseller/affiliate of my company.
my own is always the .com
try to use my name + lionstracs.com
thanks

-------
Sent by Iphone

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/24/10 10:51 AM

I was just entering 'liontracs' in google and then click on the first link. Maybe that's why you didn't get the emails...I have sent them to the affiliates.

Re: gROOVE dj - 06/24/10 12:17 PM

email sent to liontracs.com