SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 20 of 27 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 26 27 >
Topic Options
#310279 - 03/25/10 03:29 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Ok, I understand.

So you have the 4 sliders locked down and named as doing very specific functions, jet they don't connect in anyway to those functions in the Linux Playback Sampler software driving the sound.

It depends on the giga files to tell the playback sampler what to do when the sliders are moved.

So in short, even though slider 1 is called Cutoff, it could easily be Attack if the Giga file uses attack on that CC number. Man that's confusing. Why name the sliders in the first place if that's the case. Why not just list them as real time controls and name them by their CC number.

My V-Machine gives me direct access to the ADSR of the playback sampler which is the way I'd expect any system to work.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 03-25-2010).]

The main 8 sliders are always available to the all sounds engines that you recall, depend only IF the sound engine is enalbe to receive this midi CC.
This first 8 MAIN slider, have the CC controller fixed on the code.

IF you need more slider controllers, for each sound engine you have also another 36 realtime CC controller, just press the MS key: MIXER and will display a lot of sliders.
With the key: 8-16, 9-32 you can switch goup.

This all CC controllers sliders are also available to the external Midi OUT expander, you can use the ASIO PATCH 9-0, that work only for the 2 external midi Outs.

IF you dont like the 36 CC controller assigned, open your Presets folder and locate the file: midictrl.
Open with the kwrite editor and you see this:

[slider_1]
midictrl = 71 ;
name = CC71 TVF Resonance modify ;

[slider_2]
midictrl = 72 ;
name = CC72 Env Release time ;

[slider_3]
midictrl = 73 ;
name = CC73 Env Attack time ;

[slider_36]
midictrl = 42 ;
name = Midi CC42 ;

So..there you can edit your OWN midi CC that you like, edit the number: midictrl= xxx
and also the name to display on the interface( write James CC and the display will shown.. )

36+8 realtime slider CC I think you have enough.

here the shot.

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 03-25-2010).]

#310280 - 03/25/10 04:06 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
I really hope that this thread continues on its "exploratory" path. Its been a long time coming !!!!! I do not know about you, but the first thing on my mind when I get on the Computer, is to see how James is making out with this.

My hope is that James will not lose his passion or perseverance, while doing this.

I guess it all boils down to James finding "bugs" or "abnormalities", duplicating them at will, presenting them in a way where Dom can completely understand what he has to do and then finally correcting the problem !!!

The beta tester ( James ) and the Manufacturer ( Dom ), working in sync...A great working scenario... Only good things for the Future !!!

Bravo !!!!! James and Dom ... Bravo !!!

------------------
createsongstyles.com
fakesheets.com

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#310281 - 03/25/10 04:08 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Thanks Domenico.
Extreme Sample Converter does embed Release values into Giga Files by default (value of 0.1sec), so I will see if CC72 on the screen there connects to that.

If it does I'll be laughing my ass off with Joy.

Cheers
James

#310282 - 03/25/10 04:16 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rphillipchuk:
I really hope that this thread continues on its "exploratory" path. Its been a long time coming !!!!! I do not know about you, but the first thing on my mind when I get on the Computer, is to see how James is making out with this.

My hope is that James will not lose his passion or perseverance, while doing this.

I guess it all boils down to James finding "bugs" or "abnormalities", duplicating them at will, presenting them in a way where Dom can completely understand what he has to do and then finally correcting the problem !!!

The beta tester ( James ) and the Manufacturer ( Dom ), working in sync...A great working scenario... Only good things for the Future !!!

Bravo !!!!! James and Dom ... Bravo !!!

Hi rphillipchuk.

For what it's worth at this stage of my exploration......

I think overall it's an excellent package now. It's extremely flexible, bootsup fine every time and as a Giga file / VSTi HOST it works extremely well, and I really mean extremely well.

As an arranger the third party software (Live Arranger) runs very well too but there's just two things I'd like to see. The ability to transpose a track an octave (maybe it does this already but I haven't found it yet) and when changing the sound assigned to a track I don't think everything displayed is applicable to the Meidastation. Looks more like SD2 sounds as many don't work. You just hear the same sound when you change to other sounds.

The only thing I don't like is JACK handling of Midi Data. Note on/off data can get lost very easily when you do certain things like stop and start a HOST, or even with the arranger if you hold down a chord while pressing the transpose, note off data is lost for those keys you were holding down so any Chord you play from this point onwards will have those lost notes added to your chord until you press those lost notes and the note off data is sent.

So all in all right now it's hotting up to be one hell of a package and my only beef would be with JACK. Sadly that's a third party program.

Regards
James

#310283 - 03/25/10 04:36 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Hi rphillipchuk.

For what it's worth at this stage of my exploration......

I think overall it's an excellent package now. It's extremely flexible, bootsup fine every time and as a Giga file / VSTi HOST it works extremely well, and I really mean extremely well.

As an arranger the third party software (Live Arranger) runs very well too but there's just two things I'd like to see. The ability to transpose a track an octave (maybe it does this already but I haven't found it yet) and when changing the sound assigned to a track I don't think everything displayed is applicable to the Meidastation. Looks more like SD2 sounds as many don't work. You just hear the same sound when you change to other sounds.

The only thing I don't like is JACK handling of Midi Data. Note on/off data can get lost very easily when you do certain things like stop and start a HOST, or even with the arranger if you hold down a chord while pressing the transpose, note off data is lost for those keys you were holding down so any Chord you play from this point onwards will have those lost notes added to your chord until you press those lost notes and the note off data is sent.

So all in all right now it's hotting up to be one hell of a package and my only beef would be with JACK. Sadly that's a third party program.

Regards
James

you mean qjack or jack?

if you have problems with qjack you can ask Rui your self here:
http://www.rncbc.org/drupal/

anyway it might as well tell it to jack pragramers if it had nothing to do with qjack
http://jackaudio.org/

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-25-2010).]

#310284 - 03/25/10 06:37 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

I'm not sure what you mean. Doesn't everything not pass through Jack Audio Connection Kit ?

Normally sitting on Desktop 3

Regards
James

#310285 - 03/26/10 02:13 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean. Doesn't everything not pass through Jack Audio Connection Kit ?

Normally sitting on Desktop 3

Regards
James

on disktop 3 you qjack.qjack is a gui programed by Rui to control jack audio and it can do more then only control jack(becouse jack audio is a backend engine). First you must find out if this problem is caused by jack backend engine, or the qjack gui does something wrong.

#310286 - 03/26/10 02:46 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
The only thing I don't like is JACK handling of Midi Data. Note on/off data can get lost very easily when you do certain things like stop and start a HOST, or even with the arranger if you hold down a chord while pressing the transpose, note off data is lost for those keys you were holding down so any Chord you play from this point onwards will have those lost notes added to your chord until you press those lost notes and the note off data is sent..

Nothing to do with Jack, this is a feature from MS OS.
Do you have to understand that we are running to many different sounds engines ( windows too) and we dont know HOW they respond with the all CC.
Example: IF you press one chord on DSP rom/Asio host, we send the Note ON.
If you still hold the chord and change sound engine, the midi port will changed and play on the new midi out/sound engine.
Of course, on the last sound engine used, you still have the note ON and then you can not reset. ( the only waht then is to press the key: RESET that will send the reset and all note OFF to the al ports)
Same of course happen IF you global transpose, every time that you transpose we have first to send the ALL note OFF.

I know about this all note off, dont worry, but is the only way for playing the all sounds engines.

Notes:
From OS 4.0, we have added this features, just for use some more SEQ independent from the keyboard midi router:
# ASIO 1: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 5.
# ASIO 2: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 6.
# ASIO 3: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 7.
# ASIO 4: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 8.
# ASIO 5: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 9. No Midi reset CC #120 on this port when switching engines.
# ASIO 6: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 10. No Midi reset CC #120 on this port when switching engines.
# ASIO 7: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 11. No Midi reset CC #120 on this port when switching engines.
# ASIO 8: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 12. No Midi reset CC #120 on this port when switching engines.
http://www.lionstracs.com/store/lionstracs-os-40-p-242.html

Is this what you mean?

#310287 - 03/26/10 03:06 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
AFG Music Offline

Quote:

Nothing to do with Jack, this is a feature from MS OS.
Do you have to understand that we are running to many different sounds engines ( windows too) and we dont know HOW they respond with the all CC.
Example: IF you press one chord on DSP rom/Asio host, we send the Note ON.
If you still hold the chord and change sound engine, the midi port will changed and play on the new midi out/sound engine.
Of course, on the last sound engine used, you still have the note ON and then you can not reset. ( the only waht then is to press the key: RESET that will send the reset and all note OFF to the al ports)
Same of course happen IF you global transpose, every time that you transpose we have first to send the ALL note OFF.

I know about this all note off, dont worry, but is the only way for playing the all sounds engines.

Notes:
From OS 4.0, we have added this features, just for use some more SEQ independent from the keyboard midi router:
# ASIO 1: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 5.
# ASIO 2: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 6.
# ASIO 3: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 7.
# ASIO 4: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 8.
# ASIO 5: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 9. No Midi reset CC #120 on this port when switching engines.
# ASIO 6: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 10. No Midi reset CC #120 on this port when switching engines.
# ASIO 7: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 11. No Midi reset CC #120 on this port when switching engines.
# ASIO 8: Mapped the ASIO HOST on Desktop 12. No Midi reset CC #120 on this port when switching engines.
http://www.lionstracs.com/store/lionstracs-os-40-p-242.html

Is this what you mean?

I know a better way around this problem.use midi usb keyboard controllers conected to the asio. so that you have two or more asio available in real time (depending on number of USB MIDI keyboard controllers that you have). You do not have to go from one asio to another, but just control the selected sound via USB MIDI keyboard controllers. This way you charge less the cpu. it is as if you have an arranger with 2 or more synthesizers.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-26-2010).]

#310288 - 03/26/10 05:47 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Magica Alfa Offline

I'm glad James that you find something in MS.

All is going thrue JACKS.

But better to understand JACKS Dom explain you all.

Some work was made before for you by LIONSTRACS. That mean that VST are connected.

Now you need first to learn how they are connected.

After that you can learn that you can control each VST with sliders. That is easy work you will see.

Each VST you can control as you learn it in VST HOST.

About external keyboard: yes MIDI USB is great idea. I test it and it is works. You will need less time to connect than you thing.

About DEFAULT EFFECT ON SOUND: I made in this way:

All effects are under PRESET. You copy DEFAULT and than set default effects as you want and save it as default. You will have setup of default effect that need to be done on startup.

Page 20 of 27 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online