SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 25 of 27 < 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 >
Topic Options
#310329 - 03/28/10 07:12 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by vagro:
Sooner or later I will upgrade the OS, I know myself but it's not easy for me. I have to import the PCI Express VGA and probably the Asrock mainboard (I only find an ASUS compatible here) and buy the micro. I also know I won't create or modify any style because I don't have neither time nor patience and I enjoy more playing than editing stuff. I use a 5% or less than the MS can offer me and I already spent Us$ 3800 with the Psr s900 and the MS.

PS, I am also waiting for the final OS 10.0 with no bugs that surely will require a faster CPU and a new PCi Don't tell this to Dom

[This message has been edited by vagro (edited 03-28-2010).]

Hardware upgrade:
that is your personal choice. nobody can force you to do.

but I just write the capabilities of the MS as it is now. it will help people who want to know. an example of the capabilities of eight asio host connection to USB keyboard controllers is for sound designers. they can for example in realtime connect usb controllers to 8 asio host VST. for each host selcet a sound and make desired settings and play the sound in realtime on one controller then connect the sound to a DAW senqunser or EXTREME SAMPLE CONVERTER and sample the sound to make new instruments sound. it is a great option for example sound designers like James. He has opened this thread

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-28-2010).]

#310330 - 03/28/10 07:32 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
PS, I am also waiting for the final OS 10.0 with no bugs that surely will require a faster CPU and a new PCi Don't tell this to Dom

The only way that will ever happen though is if a list is made between us end users.

From all the systems I tested so far the only things I've found are as follows......
1: COMBI mode defaulting to Piano sound.
2: Default settings not loading on bootup for Velocity Curve and Effects.
3: Loss of Midi Data being sent to the VST HOST when you access certain menus or features. For example, starting and stopping the HOST RUN.
4: The sounds displayed in Live Arranger are not applicable to what sounds are on the Mediastation so many don't actually change anything.
5: Qranger chokes when you slow down the tempo while it's playing back a midi tracks. You have to stop and start it, or adjust the tempo while it's stopped for it to work.

And the workarounds for theses.....
1: Pressing the COMBI mode button can correct your sound while it's selected.
2: You have to manually load the defaults when you bootup.
3: Don't stop and start the hosts, there's really no need.
4: There's no workaround for this one.
5: Don't slow down Qranger while it's playing. Stop it, adjust your tempo and start it again.

All in all it's a pretty mind blowing keyboard and considering the vast amount of options available, OS 4.1 is just a hair away from being finished. (Based on what systems I've tested so far).

Regards
James

#310331 - 03/29/10 01:30 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Bachus Offline

Hello James...

You still have us wayting for some style video's.

Can't wayt to finally hear Qranger in action...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#310332 - 03/29/10 01:55 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

Did you see this one I uploaded ? http://www.irishacts.com/lionstracs/LS04-Arranger-Intro.mp4

Domenico put it on YouTube also. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31IdKEgE11Q

Sorry I don't have more just yet. I have people pulling out of me from every direction here at the moment.

Regards
James

#310333 - 03/29/10 02:21 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Did you see this one I uploaded ? http://www.irishacts.com/lionstracs/LS04-Arranger-Intro.mp4

Domenico put it on YouTube also. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31IdKEgE11Q

Sorry I don't have more just yet. I have people pulling out of me from every direction here at the moment.

Regards
James

aye that one i heared.. and the promise of more to come

With both style enignes.... but just take your time, no reason hurrying because i lost my patience for a few secconds...

And when you have time, i'd love to see you switching sounds real time from one Vst to another one.

#310334 - 03/29/10 02:51 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
The main 8 sliders are always available to the all sounds engines that you recall, depend only IF the sound engine is enalbe to receive this midi CC.
This first 8 MAIN slider, have the CC controller fixed on the code.

IF you need more slider controllers, for each sound engine you have also another 36 realtime CC controller, just press the MS key: MIXER and will display a lot of sliders.
With the key: 8-16, 9-32 you can switch goup.

This all CC controllers sliders are also available to the external Midi OUT expander, you can use the ASIO PATCH 9-0, that work only for the 2 external midi Outs.

IF you dont like the 36 CC controller assigned, open your Presets folder and locate the file: midictrl.

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 03-25-2010).]

Well, just as an entertainment until the next video arrives.... If you need more sliders, knobs and buttons you don't need to wait for Dom to design a new MS hardware, you can simply connect the unexpensive NanoKontrol or NanoPad from Korg for example (as many as you need) via Usb and you can control whatever you want even other Usb devices connected to the MS.
Since I discovered I could use the MS's Usb ports to connect all my keyboards and controllers I only have to turn on the MS, the powered monitors and the arrangers. That's a great step forward for me, I don't need to start my PC and open two programs to run the connections among the Usb ports. The use of USB controllers like the Nanos only work via a computer except when you use the MS.
Victor

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#310335 - 03/29/10 03:36 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

Hi Bachus.

Quote:
And when you have time, i'd love to see you switching sounds real time from one Vst to another one.

Sure no problem. Switching sounds like that is almost instantaneous.

In the mean time, I was going to hold these back until I had time to record myself singing, but sure I can do other songs. So... here's two backing tracks produced on the Meidastation. Everything you hear is the mediastation, but the Sequencing is done on a Tascam SX-1.

Daniel

Dance The Night Away

Hope everyone likes them.
The sounds used are a mix of Giga Files and VSTi's.

Regards
James.

#310336 - 03/29/10 05:27 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi Bachus.

Sure no problem. Switching sounds like that is almost instantaneous.

In the mean time, I was going to hold these back until I had time to record myself singing, but sure I can do other songs. So... here's two backing tracks produced on the Meidastation. Everything you hear is the mediastation, but the Sequencing is done on a Tascam SX-1.

Daniel

Dance The Night Away

Hope everyone likes them.
The sounds used are a mix of Giga Files and VSTi's.

Regards
James.

Nice Job James sound wonderful....keep em coming!

#310337 - 03/29/10 09:51 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Bachus Offline

Great stuff James,

Somehow i like the guitars in the 2nd song much better then in the first one(daniel)

Like donny says... keep them comming...

#310338 - 03/30/10 02:01 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
AFG Music Offline

very nice james.

I hope that moving this thread here. not suffer users who do not come here, so they will missing everything.

Most keyboard players who come to the synthzone.com, go straight to General Arranger Keyboard Forum.

shame, becouse of some people, the whole threadmust suffer.

Page 25 of 27 < 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online