SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27 >
Topic Options
#310089 - 03/16/10 07:27 PM Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi all.
Nothing much to share just yet, just two photo's.
http://www.irishacts.com/lionstracs/lionstracs1.jpg
http://www.irishacts.com/lionstracs/lionstracs2.jpg

I got it at 5pm today so I've only had a few hours so far just playing around with it. Mainly all I'm doing is just navigating my way around, loading and trying out the sounds, giga files, VSTi's and so on. So basically I'm not up to much with it just yet, purely just taking my time and exploring the system.

This is going to be my gigging machine, so lots of work to be done. I need to get my sounds and plug-ins installed. I'm also going to be streaming audio so it will be interesting to see how all this ties in. Basically I want the sound of my entire Studio with me while I'm gigging so I will be sequencing everything in the Studio and dumping it off as Audio Tracks to stream on the night with the Mediastation. I'll then play over those with Giga sounds or VSTi's.

Just did some basic testing on this tonight and the Media Players are dead easy to operate. So much so I can't see myself needing to crosfade to the second media player. I would probably just use one because you can cue up the next song in the media player while the first one is playing. Pressing play it jump straight to the song.

It's actually faster than using Sequenced data on the night which is what I've always done. Plus there's no sequencer memory limitation so I can have my entire nights performance on the screen in alphabetical order.

Anyway.... if anyone wants me to report on something just shout. I'll obviously post audio and video as time goes by, but if there's anything you want to know, ask away.

Regards
James

#310090 - 03/16/10 09:30 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Just to get this sorted upfront James.
Did you pay for it, or ws it given to you by Domenico either gifted or for whatever other reason.

And good luck, as Domenico has a vested interest, I am sure he will make himself FAR more accessible to you than all the others before you.

I think you are astute enough to understand the premise behind the question.

Dennis

#310091 - 03/16/10 10:29 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Dennis.

I will and always will be upfront and totally honest. I will not hide any truths and I certainly won't hold back if I find any issues I deem unacceptable. I have never done so in the past and that will never change in the future regardless of what company it is. Just ask KORG. I've stood on my soap box on KORG Forums many times in my years, and I own the place so my voice is a little louder than most.

In short, I cannot be bought out, and I will never hide the truth.

So with that said, in total the Mediastation cost me 315 Euro. It's a B-Stock Mediastation which Domenico gave to me for free, but between hardware upgrades I wanted and the shipping to Ireland it cost me 315 Euro.

I would also like to point out that I'm not under any terms and conditions to do anything for Lionstracs with the Meidastation. I have not been asked to do anything with it by Domenico as part of any agreement in getting the keyboard.

The reason why I will record demos and videos is for a number of reasons. For far too long it's been very difficult to get clear information on now things work or hear demo's the way people needed to hear them. It was even almost like a secret club where owners of the Mediastation wouldn't share any information at all and Lionstracs demo's in my opinion didn't answer the questions I had as a musician. Now that I have one I can help by communicating as a musician to fellow musicians.

Meaning, I'm not going to show people the screen flicking mad through different VSTi's and pages, I'm going to play the keyboard and record it's output digitally as to me it needs to be a musical instrument first and a seamless PC second.

I know you had issues in the past with your one. I was all over those threads myself moaning and saying that things were unacceptable, but like with anything, if Lionstracs can get things in order then all can be forgiven. Right now I'm on Ketrons back over their OS4.0 for example. Soon they will have the Audya at a point where it should have been on it's release date and then we move on. For Lionstracs I think it's much the same situation. From what I gather the problems you had where OS released and they had something to do with the Video board. The new OS and a replacement video board would solve all that now from what I gather.

Which might explain why I haven't noticed anything odd yet. The unit I have is running on the new OS4.0 and I assume the graphics card was replaced out as well as the fact that I've got the latest motherboard, faster CPU and double the ram. So in a way it's closer to the speed of the Groove X6 I'd imagine. Probably even the same PC parts.

Hope that makes my position crystal clear for everyone.

Regards
James.

#310092 - 03/16/10 10:29 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I really look forward to hearing how it progresses. Thanks very much for letting us know you are working with it.

#310093 - 03/16/10 10:41 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
miden Offline

Terrific James...I personally thought you would be that forthright and honest, but I ws sorta kinda playing devils advocate. If you get my drift.

Now everyone will know, and the veracity of your future comments cannot be doubted

I, like Nigel, am eagerly awaiting how you go with it. As you say, if Lionstracs have addressed issues, sheesh I might even buy one again myself

A nice 61 note version to go with the S70XS.

I must say it IS great to see someone with an MS who has far more experience and knowledge of whats required than me

I look forward to your comments

Dennis

#310094 - 03/16/10 10:45 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
miden Offline

As a VST machine, and a keyboard to actually play there is nothing to match it. I have always said that.

The video card issues were more Linux based, and that JACK was a real p.i.t.a. But from what I have read the JACK software has been severely upgraded so the audio system dropouts may not affect you.

Anyway, I will not say too much more, Id rather hear positive reports from the new MS series.

Dennis

#310095 - 03/16/10 10:57 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Tony Hughes Offline

James,

Great to hear it's arrived, bet it's got a backup disk with it, photo 2 looks like it, don't they do it in green. Good luck with it, if you wanted to buy one in the UK where would you get one from.James which Asrock motherboard are they using, chip and memory.

Regards

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-16-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#310096 - 03/16/10 11:38 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi All.

You know there is something about James when you read his text it somehow distinctively makes sense and he appears to be a professional at what he does, so much so that someone has offered him a very expensive KB, FOC for him to try and test, now that’s got to be a first and surely puts James in pole position in the KB assessment hierarchy club. I hold him in high regard, can I have it when you finished with it, bet James has a 40 page report on the KB before I get OS4, somehow think you won’t get an Audya the same way James, unless it comes in kit form.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#310097 - 03/17/10 12:21 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
miden Offline

Tony does EVERYTHING have to cycle back to the Audya...

Can we at least keep THIS thread unsullied by that word, and all associated words.

Whether it's tounge-in-cheek or not, please desist.

As many comments and questions re the Media Station as you like, would be most welcomed instead I would think

Dennis

#310098 - 03/17/10 03:38 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
AFG Music Offline

Congratulations james, if you need help,if you need help let us know.

I hope that your experience with MS encourages people to buy it.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online