SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305698 - 10/14/04 11:48 AM converting midifile to music notation
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi one and all.........we have a Technics PR602 and would like to be able to make a reliable transcription from a recorded midifile to musical notation on the PC.....currently we are trying out a beta version of midinotate and find it OK up to a point.....the point comes when we try to change the time sig in the tune we've saved to floppy from the standard 4/4 to another and find playback is garbled...........has anyone successfully done this using that programme, or is there another programme which works better?........thanks in anticipation...........alan d kerr

#305699 - 10/14/04 11:23 PM Re: converting midifile to music notation
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I use Midinotate most days to make a lead sheet with chords from a Midifile.
You can print out in different keys signature, and save the loaded midifile out as a different key signature. If you are trying to convert a 4/4 into a 3/4 then I am not sure why you would want to do this.
I am not to sure about your question. Are you saying it's garbled when you play the midifile back into the keyboard ?.

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 10-14-2004).]

#305700 - 10/17/04 08:23 AM Re: converting midifile to music notation
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Graham.......thanks for taking the trouble to reply......the key(no pun intended) to solving the problem was simply to enable the metronome when recording on the PR602..........regards.........alan d kerr

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online