converting midifile to music notation

Posted by: Anonymous

converting midifile to music notation - 10/14/04 11:48 AM

Hi one and all.........we have a Technics PR602 and would like to be able to make a reliable transcription from a recorded midifile to musical notation on the PC.....currently we are trying out a beta version of midinotate and find it OK up to a point.....the point comes when we try to change the time sig in the tune we've saved to floppy from the standard 4/4 to another and find playback is garbled...........has anyone successfully done this using that programme, or is there another programme which works better?........thanks in anticipation...........alan d kerr
Posted by: Graham UK

Re: converting midifile to music notation - 10/14/04 11:23 PM

I use Midinotate most days to make a lead sheet with chords from a Midifile.
You can print out in different keys signature, and save the loaded midifile out as a different key signature. If you are trying to convert a 4/4 into a 3/4 then I am not sure why you would want to do this.
I am not to sure about your question. Are you saying it's garbled when you play the midifile back into the keyboard ?.

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 10-14-2004).]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: converting midifile to music notation - 10/17/04 08:23 AM

Hi Graham.......thanks for taking the trouble to reply......the key(no pun intended) to solving the problem was simply to enable the metronome when recording on the PR602..........regards.........alan d kerr