SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305471 - 01/09/02 06:55 AM Roland PMA-5 and USB
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a PMA-5 and and ibook se, which has a USB port. I also have the pma communications kit which allows file exchanges between the computer and the pma. The pma software was developed before there were usb ports. Does anyone know if the pma-5 and it's software can work with USB, or do I need special drivers?There aren't any on the Roland website.

#305472 - 01/09/02 09:23 AM Re: Roland PMA-5 and USB
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Marcus, if you use USB, you will have to connect to a USB midi interface[midisport as an example].

#305473 - 01/09/02 10:15 AM Re: Roland PMA-5 and USB
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Marcus, if you use USB, you will have to connect to a USB midi interface[midisport as an example].

I have an interface but I get a message which says that it can't communicate with the PMA, check connections. Connections are fine. So the only thing left is whether I need some special drivers outside of what comes with the USB midi interface. The original communication software came with drivers for the PMA, but it doesn't seem to work on USB.

#305474 - 01/09/02 11:09 AM Re: Roland PMA-5 and USB
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Marcus,
It sound like you have the slide swith set to "pc" instead of midi on the PMA. Even though you are using the usb port - the Roland needs to recognize a MIDI connection. The PC setting is for a dedicted serial cable.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online