Roland PMA-5 and USB

Posted by: Anonymous

Roland PMA-5 and USB - 01/09/02 06:55 AM

I have a PMA-5 and and ibook se, which has a USB port. I also have the pma communications kit which allows file exchanges between the computer and the pma. The pma software was developed before there were usb ports. Does anyone know if the pma-5 and it's software can work with USB, or do I need special drivers?There aren't any on the Roland website.
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Roland PMA-5 and USB - 01/09/02 09:23 AM

Marcus, if you use USB, you will have to connect to a USB midi interface[midisport as an example].
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Roland PMA-5 and USB - 01/09/02 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Marcus, if you use USB, you will have to connect to a USB midi interface[midisport as an example].

I have an interface but I get a message which says that it can't communicate with the PMA, check connections. Connections are fine. So the only thing left is whether I need some special drivers outside of what comes with the USB midi interface. The original communication software came with drivers for the PMA, but it doesn't seem to work on USB.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Roland PMA-5 and USB - 01/09/02 11:09 AM

Marcus,
It sound like you have the slide swith set to "pc" instead of midi on the PMA. Even though you are using the usb port - the Roland needs to recognize a MIDI connection. The PC setting is for a dedicted serial cable.