SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#305160 - 10/13/05 11:17 PM Re: Thank you Nigel for this forum for our Yam Arranger posts
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Maybe it would be easier to check all the new daily postings on the BBS using http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?action=getdaily

Hey cool, I didn't know we had that!

#305161 - 10/14/05 04:48 AM Re: Thank you Nigel for this forum for our Yam Arranger posts
ricok987 Offline

Loc: N Brunswick, NJ, US
I'm just surprised this wasn't set up years ago. I would think almost half of the posts on arrangers include a discussion mentioning Yaammies in one way, shape or form.

#305162 - 11/04/05 05:44 PM Re: Thank you Nigel for this forum for our Yam Arranger posts
ChokDK Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi Nigel + all..
I guess too it's a good idea to make an Yamaha Arranger Forum - might be even a Tyros2 forum?
Just got my T2 a few days ago, and I must say - sounds like no other keyboard.
It's rather a challenge working from my good ol' G-1000, but fortunately it's because of all the opportunities.
I'm still jamming hard instead of making Registration memories *hehe*

Nigel - hope you're well and in good shape...
Take care m8
Regards
Chris Hansen, Denmark (aka ChokDK)

[This message has been edited by ChokDK (edited 11-04-2005).]

#305163 - 11/04/05 11:04 PM Re: Thank you Nigel for this forum for our Yam Arranger posts
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Wow Chris, it's been a long time. How in the hell are you and how is your family and your music ?

For those people who don't know Chris Hansen you may be interested to know Chris is the very reason that these Arranger Keyboard forums exist. Years ago ( Chris, was it around 1997 ??? ) I had a few forum pages setup already for Synth Zone. Chris contacted me about starting an arranger keyboard forum. I setup the first Arranger Keyboard forum for Chris who moderated two forums English and Danish. Here is a Wayback Machine archive of the first Arranger Keyboard Forum . The page takes so LOOONG to load when it comes up finally, only right click on postings and choose to "Open In A New Window". This avoids the huge reload time of the main page when you are through with the posting. You will recognize lots of users that are still here years later.

It eventually was moved to here as well as the Roland Arranger Forum and G1000 Forum because Chris was a G1000 owner himself at the time. Chris moderated the arranger forums here for a few more years. Finally his work and family commitments ( plus the demands of life in general ) didn't allow him the time so he put the arranger forums back in my hands again.

We all owe Chris a lot and it is always great to see a good friend again after so many years.

Chris, did you ever guess that the forums you started would last this long and you would still recognize so many names from the past.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 11-04-2005).]

#305164 - 11/05/05 12:35 AM Re: Thank you Nigel for this forum for our Yam Arranger posts
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi Chris

Hyggeligt og se deg aktiv med et innlegg etter så mange år.
Navnet ditt dukket ofte opp i websøk i forskjellige søkemotorer vedr. keyboards opp gjennom årene, så du er godt kjent.

Håper du har det bra og er i god form.

Happy Playing.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#305165 - 11/06/05 02:12 PM Re: Thank you Nigel for this forum for our Yam Arranger posts
ChokDK Offline

Loc: Denmark
Ohh thank you both.. I'm shining like a diamond in your words *GGG*
Well lots of things has happend, most of all I've met the love of my life..
I'm looking forward to see what Tyros2 will mean to me in the future.
Unfortunately I don't have too much time for Tyros2 right now as I'm selling my house and there's still a few but neccesary things to do.
Besides it's quite a mouthful after G-1000 - luckily but time rubbing as well

Have fun all - and I'll look forward to pass by and have a look at the postings more often in the future.
I hope it will grow big
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
[B]Chris, did you ever guess that the forums you started would last this long and you would still recognize so many names from the past.

No, Nigel... That is amazing to think of after these years.
Can't imagine the hit rate was.. what - ?
Huge, anyway ..
Most useful was all the contacts tho' - I still write in person with a few danish guys whom I met via the forums.
These great guys have helped me a lot the last years..
I hope a lot of people did get "something" out of being a member here.
Then again... I was ever never started without your help, Nigel.
So - thank you for helping me then

[This message has been edited by ChokDK (edited 11-06-2005).]

#305166 - 11/06/05 02:42 PM Re: Thank you Nigel for this forum for our Yam Arranger posts
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI CHRIS,
I have only been here since the end of 99 but I have seen tremendous growth in this BB that you and Nigel started.
Nigel gave me the Technics Forum to build as I had and still have several Technics keyboards and so I got busy populating that board. I think it is now the second largest forum in the sythzone but this new forum we are using for the Tyros will soon catch up with it and probably be the second largest forum in the synthzone.
I do think the ty 2 will be the keyboard of choice for replacement of the Technics keyboards. I am super pleaed with mine and look forward to what you will write about yours.
Best to you and please stop back often.
Bebop

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online