SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305072 - 11/11/05 02:12 AM T2 vocalizer settings
DerfMuisc Offline

Loc: rohnert park, california, usa
I've had my new T2 for about week now, and it's living up to all expectations (sounds,
styles, etc) except for the vocalizer. So far, I think my old PSR2100 sounded better in that department. I'm fooling around with the mic settings but it still doesn't sound very good (tinny, thin, slightly distorted). Maybe that's just the way it is. Anybody got any suggestions about settings or other ideas for making it better? I'd appreciate it. Hope the wait is short for those who haven't received their new board yet. Thanks, DerfM

#305073 - 11/20/05 10:26 AM Re: T2 vocalizer settings
ChokDK Offline

Loc: Denmark
I don't know the PSR 2100, but the vocalist in Tyros2 should be the same as in Tyros(1), except that the mic input is balanced, that should give less noise and thereby make a gathered better performance.
P.S I haven't heard any vocalist who could make a "sound-alike-real-voice-choir" yet
With Tyros2 you have the opportunity to make your own 2.nd voice, recorded from home - I guess I'll use that option later..
Regards..
Chris Hansen/ ChokDK

[This message has been edited by ChokDK (edited 11-20-2005).]

#305074 - 11/20/05 11:14 PM Re: T2 vocalizer settings
DerfMuisc Offline

Loc: rohnert park, california, usa
ChokDK. . .

I've adjusted the eq for the mic and it sounds a lot better now. Like you say, these built-in vocalizers are never really great, but better than nothing. I'll also try over-dubbing some vocals on the hard drive. Thanks, DerfM

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online