SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304364 - 11/23/05 07:24 PM T2: Minor Software Bug Discovered
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I think I discovered a minor T2 software bug.

When Naming Files/Folders (page 76 of T2 Owner's Manual), you input the letters & characters of file/folder names using the upper/lower toggled 1-8 buttons beneath the LCD display. Several letters/characters are assigned to each button, and the letter/character changes each time you press the same button.

For button #2 (upper position), according to what is displayed on the Tyros2 LCD display, the first 4 characters, and the order in which they should appear when you repeatedly press button #2 (upper position), is:

_ , @ 1

In fact though, when repeatedly pressing button #2 (upper position), the characters (some different) appear instead, in this order:

_ . 1 !

and then followed by: , @ _ & . . . etc.

Anyone else notice this glitch (error smiley ) on their Tyros2 keyboard as well?

Fellow Tyros2 owners: PLEASE check this on your Tyros2 keyboards and let me know if you discover the same .

Thanks. Scott

#304365 - 11/24/05 11:52 PM Re: T2: Minor Software Bug Discovered
lacobo Offline

Loc: Hoofddorp, NH, the Nethelands
Same on my T2. If this is the biggest error we can find then the T2 is a very stable keyboard.

[This message has been edited by lacobo (edited 11-24-2005).]

#304366 - 11/28/05 12:47 PM Re: T2: Minor Software Bug Discovered
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I wouldn't consider that a huge error. Maybe a minor annoyance though. Does the T2 have an upgradable OS? If so Yammie can address this problem with a later OS update.

I remember the Yamaha EX-5/7 had a bug when selecting letters. You could scroll across (left and right), but a software bug prevented you from scrolling up or down

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#304367 - 11/29/05 03:40 PM Re: T2: Minor Software Bug Discovered
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Scott

I agree that the symbols do not follow the order that they are printed, but I never thought they would. I figured the printed symbols are just symbols of what that particular button can do, not an actual map or guide, since there are only a few.

With regard to that same button, I found a bigger annoyance. I frequently enter an apostrophe (') when searching for a song title. This makes it very fast when looking for words like "don't, can't, we're" etc. I just enter don' , n' , e' , etc.

Now, for some unknown reason, Yamaha put the apostrophe as the 15th button push. You have to push 15 times to get it. Very dumb. On the original Tyros, it was like the 4th push. Surely an apostrophe is used more often than a lot of those other symbols.

I hope Yamaha puts this back the way it was on the Tyros.

Tom G.

[This message has been edited by TomTomSF (edited 11-29-2005).]

#304368 - 11/29/05 04:13 PM Re: T2: Minor Software Bug Discovered
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by TomTomSF:

I agree that the symbols do not follow the order that they are printed, but I never thought they would. I figured the printed symbols are just symbols of what that particular button can do, not an actual map or guide

Hi Tom. On Tyros1, not only does the appearance order of the characters/symbols follow how they appear on the 'key assignments', but the other additional characters (not key displayed) are also FAR FEWER as well! In the case of the the upper1 button, on Tyros1, these include:

.,-1 followed by 2 additional characters: !'

and then repeat.

On Tyros2, the additional characters NOT shown are FAR more: 18 vs only 2 additional characters (on T1), making it much more time consuming to finally loop back to calling up the first characters again. Frankly, I don't see much practical advantage or personal use for of all those newly added characters.

Scott

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online