SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#304208 - 11/09/05 02:23 PM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI JAAP,
I just got the TY 2 a last Friday so have not even thought about the hard drive yet. I thought about moving the hard drive over from the 9000 but changed my mind. I will buy a bigger new on for this t2.
The Driver is definately not working. I don't know why. the cd that came with it and had the driver on it is for the TY 2 so I am really puzzled.
NO point in plugging the computer sound cared into the T 2 as i would still have to power up the mixer and the Sound system here in the studio, unless I hooked up the Logitech sound system directly to the keyboard.
Thanks,
Bebop

#304209 - 11/09/05 02:50 PM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Bill,

I think I might know your problem. You might not be able to use a USB hub unless it is a powered hub.

Did you try it without any hub, directly connecting the cable to the T2?

Tom G.

#304210 - 11/09/05 03:07 PM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
BEBOP Offline

HI TOM,
I don't use a USB hub. The computer has 4 powered usb ports and I have tried all 4 even thought the other periphials plugged into them work fine as did the KN7000 for the last couple of years.
I just sent an in depth e letter to Yamaha support Steve Deming to see what they can tell me. I sent both you and Scott a copy.
Scott is sick so may not hear back from him right away.
Thanks,
Bebop

#304211 - 11/09/05 04:41 PM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
I just noticed that I have a newer Yamaha USB MIDI driver than the one you mention. The one I have installed is 2.1.4. But I see that 2.1.5 is available from Yamaha. Maybe this would correct your problem?

Tom G.

#304212 - 11/09/05 08:58 PM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bebop.
I had hassles getting my clavinova usb set up correctly at first with my laptop. Took a couple of uninstalls till I got it right. Ended up with even more hassles when I added my dgx ( usb also).
I always switch my piano on first. Then my laptop. Then I set midi in/out to usb.

Unfortunately it's not the fact that just because a keyboard connects to a computer via a usb cable, that the keyboard can actually be used as a soundcard in the way a kn7 could. THe Kn7 appears to have been unique.
Do you still have your KN7?

Other than the minor hassles you're having at the moment, how are you enjoying your new keyboard?

best wishes
Rikki

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 11-09-2005).]

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 11-09-2005).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#304213 - 11/10/05 10:33 AM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TomTomSF:
I just noticed that I have a newer Yamaha USB MIDI driver than the one you mention. The one I have installed is 2.1.4. But I see that 2.1.5 is available from Yamaha. Maybe this would correct your problem?

Tom G.

HI Tom,
The upgrade driver you sent me was blocked by Outlook mail because it is an exe file. Please give me the url that I might retrieve it and give it a try. Two newer version might be the difference. I just can't understand why they would put an older version on the CD they sent out with the new Tyros 2???
I guess we will know all about this in the fullness of time
Thanks to anyone else that can shed light on this problem with the resolution.
Thanks to all
Bebop

#304214 - 11/10/05 10:38 AM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Bebop.
I had hassles getting my clavinova usb set up correctly at first with my laptop. Took a couple of uninstalls till I got it right. Ended up with even more hassles when I added my dgx ( usb also).
I always switch my piano on first. Then my laptop. Then I set midi in/out to usb.

Unfortunately it's not the fact that just because a keyboard connects to a computer via a usb cable, that the keyboard can actually be used as a soundcard in the way a kn7 could. THe Kn7 appears to have been unique.
Do you still have your KN7?

Other than the minor hassles you're having at the moment, how are you enjoying your new keyboard?

best wishes
Rikki

HI Rikki,
Good to see you again and especially here where we are trying to get this new yamaha arranger forum going.
I have installed the midi usb driver that came with the new Tyros 2 now three times and nothing changes. All indications are that they driver is corrupted. None of the sequencer programs will recogninze it and I get messages that it is enabled but not functioning properly.
Tom has located a new version of this driver that I might download and try. I havae now wasted two full days and half of this one with this problem so I give it up for now until Yamaha Support responds to my E Letter I sent them yesterday.
Yes, I still have the KN7000 keyboard, and the KN2600, and the KN6000, and the KN800. I have sold the others
How is your Hub doing now? I Hope he is better.
I envy you in Australia this time of year as your spring is setting in and we are facing winter, it now being fall and all the leaves are falling, and we actually had a rain shower yesterday, first one since last winter.
Best to you and yours from,
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 11-10-2005).]

#304215 - 11/10/05 07:12 PM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Bebop,
how frustrating, something as bizzare as a driver, holding you up.
I've been keeping a bit of an eye on the forum. It's great to see it taking off.

Reason I was asking about the kn7 was, I used to connect
the audio out of my 9000pro
to the audio in of the kn7,
the kn7 was usb'd to my computer.
ie I used the KN7 as a sound card for recording audio files to the computer from my pro9000.
The kn7 made for a much better soundcard than what was in my laptop for audio recording.

Wasn't quite sure if you were dissapointed that the Tyros couldn't act as a soundcard the same way as a kn7 could, or whether you were just pointing it out.

As for hubby, he's doing really quite well. He's been forced to become a man of leisure ( haahaa). Actually he blew me away yesterday when he told me I could get a new keyboard. His act of genorosity was a bit unexpected as I'd only casually mentioned Yamaha had brought out their latest release.
Must admit I haven't quite made up my mind whether to get the new tyros or get a psr3k, as I'm quite happy with my softsynth arranger setup. There again, maybe I better order one before he changes his mind haaha.
You'll definately be hearing a lot more from me if I do get one.

Weather here at the moment is glorious.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:

HI Rikki,
Good to see you again and especially here where we are trying to get this new yamaha arranger forum going.
I have installed the midi usb driver that came with the new Tyros 2 now three times and nothing changes. All indications are that they driver is corrupted. None of the sequencer programs will recogninze it and I get messages that it is enabled but not functioning properly.
Tom has located a new version of this driver that I might download and try. I havae now wasted two full days and half of this one with this problem so I give it up for now until Yamaha Support responds to my E Letter I sent them yesterday.
Yes, I still have the KN7000 keyboard, and the KN2600, and the KN6000, and the KN800. I have sold the others
How is your Hub doing now? I Hope he is better.
I envy you in Australia this time of year as your spring is setting in and we are facing winter, it now being fall and all the leaves are falling, and we actually had a rain shower yesterday, first one since last winter.
Best to you and yours from,
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 11-10-2005).][/B][/QUOTE]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#304216 - 11/10/05 07:29 PM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
BEBOP Offline

HI RIKKI,
that was a good idea piping the 9000 through the kn7 into the puter sequencer. I will keep that in mind.
Another person told me that they took the computer feed and put it into the tyros 1 in ports and then was able to play everything from the computer through the Tyros, just like we have always been able to do with the KN7000 using USB.
I do hope you get the Tyros as you would be a great help to us here with your background knowledge of computers and keyboards. I have developed a great deal of respect for your knowledge reading your posts over the years
YOU DO GOOD
Best to you,
Bebop

#304217 - 11/12/05 07:01 PM Re: Information for Technics People that upgraded to Tyros 2
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Bebop,
are you referring to AUDIO plugs Out of computer to In on tyros ? ie using the tyros as a speaker system for the computer? If so, still not the same as the kn7. It only involved a usb cable.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
HI RIKKI,
Another person told me that they took the computer feed and put it into the tyros 1 in ports and then was able to play everything from the computer through the Tyros, just like we have always been able to do with the KN7000 using USB.
I do hope you get the Tyros as you would be a great help to us here with your background knowledge of computers and keyboards. I have developed a great deal of respect for your knowledge reading your posts over the years
YOU DO GOOD
Best to you,
Bebop

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online