Hi Bebop,
how frustrating, something as bizzare as a driver, holding you up.
I've been keeping a bit of an eye on the forum. It's great to see it taking off.

Reason I was asking about the kn7 was, I used to connect
the audio out of my 9000pro
to the audio in of the kn7,
the kn7 was usb'd to my computer.
ie I used the KN7 as a sound card for recording audio files to the computer from my pro9000.
The kn7 made for a much better soundcard than what was in my laptop for audio recording.

Wasn't quite sure if you were dissapointed that the Tyros couldn't act as a soundcard the same way as a kn7 could, or whether you were just pointing it out.

As for hubby, he's doing really quite well. He's been forced to become a man of leisure ( haahaa). Actually he blew me away yesterday when he told me I could get a new keyboard. His act of genorosity was a bit unexpected as I'd only casually mentioned Yamaha had brought out their latest release.
Must admit I haven't quite made up my mind whether to get the new tyros or get a psr3k, as I'm quite happy with my softsynth arranger setup. There again, maybe I better order one before he changes his mind haaha.
You'll definately be hearing a lot more from me if I do get one.

Weather here at the moment is glorious.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:

HI Rikki,
Good to see you again and especially here where we are trying to get this new yamaha arranger forum going.
I have installed the midi usb driver that came with the new Tyros 2 now three times and nothing changes. All indications are that they driver is corrupted. None of the sequencer programs will recogninze it and I get messages that it is enabled but not functioning properly.
Tom has located a new version of this driver that I might download and try. I havae now wasted two full days and half of this one with this problem so I give it up for now until Yamaha Support responds to my E Letter I sent them yesterday.
Yes, I still have the KN7000 keyboard, and the KN2600, and the KN6000, and the KN800. I have sold the others
How is your Hub doing now? I Hope he is better.
I envy you in Australia this time of year as your spring is setting in and we are facing winter, it now being fall and all the leaves are falling, and we actually had a rain shower yesterday, first one since last winter.
Best to you and yours from,
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 11-10-2005).][/B][/QUOTE]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022