SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#303782 - 02/04/08 04:07 AM Which has the best sound quality? E80, G70, X6 or G6
studyingb Offline

Loc: Taichung,TW,Taiwan
My Roland EM-2000 died. I want to purchase a new KB, I tried the Roland E-50 but its sound quality wasn't good enough to me. So can anyone help me from the following KB and give me opinions? The sound quality is the most important to me! Thanks so much!

E80
G70
X6
G6

#303783 - 02/10/08 02:31 PM Re: Which has the best sound quality? E80, G70, X6 or G6
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
I would have to say the G-70.

It has NO built in speakers , so the sound you get will depend on how much your willing to spend for either powered monitors or a straight keyboard amp.

It`s still an arranger , so I would look for a good 2.1 system , like this ; > link<
http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1731&brandID=2

>link<
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--SAMRES21

I hope this helps ,
Gary 

#303784 - 02/13/08 09:01 PM Re: Which has the best sound quality? E80, G70, X6 or G6
studyingb Offline

Loc: Taichung,TW,Taiwan
Thank you for your help! I like G70, too. I am struggling now because I don't have any amps, and it would cost me another fortune to buy a really good amp~~

#303785 - 02/21/08 11:33 AM Re: Which has the best sound quality? E80, G70, X6 or G6
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
A lot depends on whether you want to gig with it, or have it at home...

On a gig, built in speakers have little use unless you do super quiet restaurant gigs, so you'll need that amp no matter what you get (or a PA).

At home, depending on where you set up, if you have a reasonably beefy home stereo, that might be all you need (go into it's aux in jacks). Quite a few use the Logitech computer speaker 2.1 system, or something similar if you need a home system that's affordable but with a bit of poke.

Others (like myself) use near-field studio monitors (Mackie HR824's for me) for the ultimate in accuracy and clarity (balance your registrations on these, they'll sound good on anything!).

But bear in mind, you're about to make a $3000-4000 arranger purchase (if you get G70/E80). You REALLY want to hear that through a $300 audio system??

The question that I would be asking, to make my decision easier is... 'Do I play piano?' If you do (or wish to learn), the 61 keys of the E80/X6/G6 are just not adequate (and a workstation is NO substitute for an arranger).

I would chose the G70. It's sound quality (actually, all those choices are about equal) is great, it's OS is not TOO different from the EM2k (X6 and G6 are totally different beasts), and right now you can find them going for considerably less than they were 3 years ago.

Sure, it's not the latest, greatest, but the money you'll save compared to an E80 will allow you to buy some decent monitors or a small PA.

Bottom line though is you HAVE to go and listen for yourself... Only YOU can decide if sound quality is good enough FOR YOU...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 02-21-2008).]

#303786 - 02/24/08 09:34 AM Re: Which has the best sound quality? E80, G70, X6 or G6
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
just order the Roland E 80 and you will have everything Roland has to offer including the best sound, keyboard, styles, and whatever you need will be there.
I am super pleased with mine and I have owned about 20 or more keyboards since 1970 and this one is about as good as they get. I still have several other of the keyboards that you read about all the time here in the synthzone but just don't play them anymore. the E 80 does it all FOR ME
Bebop

#303787 - 02/24/08 11:34 PM Re: Which has the best sound quality? E80, G70, X6 or G6
E80 Offline

Loc: Bahrain
Hello All,

I am a new Roland E80 user and I am having problems with the style composer. How can I create a new style using two drum kits for eg. say a style using Standard + Ethnic drum kits. Please help!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online