SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#302728 - 06/15/07 07:11 PM Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bart, where have you been?

#302729 - 06/16/07 09:52 AM Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Bart, where have you been?

Too busy :-)

But I'm back, and with a brand new Roland too! I read something about Roland pricing the keyboards too high... well, if I look at the price-difference between EXR-5 and E-50, then I must conclude that Roland jam-packed this new baby with features and options for a great value-for-money price. It will certainly keep me busy figuring it all out!

After that, I'll be glad to post a "review" of it.

[This message has been edited by Burkels (edited 06-16-2007).]

#302730 - 06/16/07 10:00 AM Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Bart,
Send us some tunes recorded on your new keyboard to the email list so I can send them out to all the members. So far only Alex Green and I have sent out tunes. Nobody responded to mine so maybe I only thought I sent out tunes. I will have to ask Alex if anybody responded to his tunes I sent out.
Do you supppose our list members are not interested in hearing our tunes.
What say you people?
I always believed that sharing tunes and info is what we are all about here????
Bebop

#302731 - 06/16/07 11:06 AM Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here
Burkels Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
Bart,
Send us some tunes recorded on your new keyboard to the email list so I can send them out to all the members. So far only Alex Green and I have sent out tunes. Nobody responded to mine so maybe I only thought I sent out tunes. I will have to ask Alex if anybody responded to his tunes I sent out.
Do you supppose our list members are not interested in hearing our tunes.
What say you people?
I always believed that sharing tunes and info is what we are all about here????
Bebop

It is, Bebop, as far as I'm concerned anyway I'll listen to your songs tonight and of course I will let you know what I think of them!

#302732 - 06/20/07 12:55 AM Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here
Burkels Offline

By the way... Has anyone managed to play the "Cymbal roll" on the manual drums already? It is in the E-50, but because the "Roll" is in the higher octaves, you can't "reach" it on 61 keys??

#302733 - 06/20/07 02:41 PM Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here
Charles Offline

Loc: orlando florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
Hi Graham.
Being a previous PA800 and E80 owner I think you will definitely like the E80 and get more out of this than the Korg
If you do fancy going for one of the expansion boards I didn't think the SRG-01 offered many good sounds. I have heard the latest piano board and brass in action and those 2 were far better. There's certainly enough expansions, styles and registrations out there for the E80 to keep you happy for many months to come.
Hi,Graham,Im a Brit living in the USA,look at my posts under No More mistakes[Charles]Please tell me why you ditched the Korg,Chas[Charles]ps Im considering the e 60

#302734 - 06/20/07 03:03 PM Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Well, Charles, if the G 70 was too heavy for you, then I suspect the E 60 will be too and my E 80 weighs 50 pounds bare so that is probably too heavy too. I hear the E 50 is pretty much a toy and not a pro board for gigging. One of our members bought the E 50 and already swapped it for the E 80 and said he should have bought that in the first place.

I would say the Technics KN7000 is one of the best for gigging but with the company out of business now you would need to buy two and they aren’t cheap. I sold mine to a dealer for about 2500.00 not too long ago.

So I guess that leaves you the tyros 2 of those I am familiar with. I think it is only 32 pounds but you need the sound system and that is more weight. I use the Bose Speakers with the Yam Bass woofer. I think that sound system weighs about another 30 pounds in it’s roller case, but at least they are separate weights and not all one big weight.

I am going to sell the Tyros 2 if you get interested in that and can’t find one closer to Florida as I am on the west coast.

Good luck in your research.

Bill

#302735 - 06/21/07 05:11 PM Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
I bought the "toy" keyboard, the E50. It is basically the same keyboard as the E60, lacks the D-Beam and the extra octave of keys.

Lot's of people use the Yamaha PSR3000 for gigging, I can't imagine why the E50 wouldn't work as well. I have both keyboards.

Mariyn

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online