Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here

Posted by: BEBOP

Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 05/12/07 12:22 PM

HI ALL,
Who else is getting or has a Roland E 50, 60, or 80?
Let's make this forum our own. No body else is using it so we can claim it for our axes.
I am getting one on Thursday delivery. Graham above post sez he is getting one. I got an email from Alex Green and he has the E 50 or 60 ? already. Maybe we can get Diki to post here as he has had an e 80 for some time.
LETS JUST DO IT
Bebop
Posted by: Diki

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 05/12/07 01:55 PM

Actually, I have a G70 (replaced my old G1000)....

But if Roland add back the Chord Sequencer to the NEXT G-series, I may trade up, if not, it is hopefully going to last as long as my G1000 (eight years of constant gigging!)....

And while I'm going to continue my posting at the main SZ forum, for discussion with arranger users of ALL persuasions, the http://www.roland-arranger.com site pretty much covers all my Roland needs for right now. I'll drop in from time to time, but the file-hosting and established membership of the re-named Danish G70 site (still 100% in English!) will continue to be my main first stop for Roland information.
Posted by: Graham UK

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 05/12/07 02:07 PM

Diki. I have been reading the http://www.roland-arranger.com every day for a couple of months and you are doing a good job there.

As Bebop stated I get an E80 (all being well)tomorrow so i'm all ears and willing to inhale as much info as possible about the Roland Arrangers.
Posted by: Craig_UK

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 05/12/07 02:57 PM

Hi Graham.
Being a previous PA800 and E80 owner I think you will definitely like the E80 and get more out of this than the Korg
If you do fancy going for one of the expansion boards I didn't think the SRG-01 offered many good sounds. I have heard the latest piano board and brass in action and those 2 were far better. There's certainly enough expansions, styles and registrations out there for the E80 to keep you happy for many months to come.

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 05/12/07 03:17 PM

I guess I had Diki and Craig mixed up. Craig had the E 80. Diki has the G 70.
Actually I hope that both of you guys will hang around this Roland forum and help us newbies develope our learning curves. You will be much appreciated.
I am reading the manual now and getting more excited by the page. The keyboard is due in on thursday.
I also have a Roland JV 1080 with 4 cards added to it. I wonder if it will work ok with the E 80. It hasn't been even turned on in a couple few years.
I have heard the piano on that insert card for the E 80. It is awesome. I will be buying it.
Someone please tell me about the memory cards we will need for this board.
I have lots of sd cards from the Technics keyboards and lots of thumb drives for the Yam keyboards, but what are these different ones that the Roland wants?
Best to all
Bebop
Posted by: Graham UK

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 05/12/07 10:33 PM

Craig. I know you are moving your E80 on but I do appreciate giving me encouragement towards the E80.
A also hope the Kawai Piano you will be shortly getting rings your bell or pushes your buttons...Ha!!!
Posted by: Craig_UK

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 05/13/07 03:37 AM

Hi Graham.

I've heard the Kawai before purchasing it as well as the Yamaha digital range which sounded more like the Tyros 1 with piano keys, so it is definitely what I am looking for. The fitted CDRW and 16 track multi recorder will also come in handy.

The problem when I part exchanged the SD1 and G1000 for the PA800 (then E80) was I didn't hear those before swapping over.
There are no large music shops near me as you know, so sometimes it's pot luck before buying, but it's all worked out in the end.

I am quite happy using the VST side of things for recording, I've got loads of them and the sounds they offer are certainly equal if not better than any arranger or synth you can purchase. VST's are also far cheaper. It was a pity the Wersi couldn't integrate these to work correctly.

As for the piano, I am now giving music lessons again so this will come in very handy for people to come to me instead of myself having to travel to them.
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 05/13/07 05:41 PM

Strong winds blowing from the Roland direction...There has been a surge of Roland arranger interest at SZ..Finally, most of us have gotten away from the hype from other manufacturers...We have listened to some of our SZ pro's recordings, using a variety of brands..and we have noticed for the most part, the excellence of the Roland sounds..

I think if their was a truth poll taken here, we would see a surprising result...Even some die hard Yamaha and Korg people are showing interest in Roland arrangers..
Posted by: andre159

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 05/25/07 03:52 AM

Hi all!!
I am yours... :-) I have Roland E-50

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 05/25/07 07:21 PM

HI Andre,
welcome to our world, all the way from Slovakia. Happy to see you posting here. this should be a good site to share information and help with you.
Email me if you want to also be on our Roland E email list.
Best to you,
Bebop
Posted by: Keith W. Bailey

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 05/26/07 03:12 AM

I'm glad to see this venture that you wish st start! The learning of a special board is very important, or else why spend the bucks!

alias kwebe34

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 05/26/07 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by andre159:
Hi all!!
I am yours... :-) I have Roland E-50

Andre,
I received your email, added you to the Roland E and G list and sent you a song from my E 80. thanks for joining us here and look forward to more posts and some songs from you.
Best to all,
Bebop

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 05/26/07 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith W. Bailey:
I'm glad to see this venture that you wish st start! The learning of a special board is very important, or else why spend the bucks!

alias kwebe34

HI Keith,
I have received your emails and now I am also a member of your forum. thanks for the heads up.
Bebop
Posted by: George Kaye

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 06/02/07 05:50 PM

Bebop,
I've you haven't had your question aswered regarding expansion cards and blank memory cards, I will give you some answers.
You can buy a PCMCIA to flash card adapter ($9.95 at Fry's) and any size compact flash card. I load about 2500 roland styles, 2500 standard midi files and can load lot's more onto this memory card.
I have installed two SRX expansion boards (world and studio) into my E80 at my store. By pushing the EXP button next to the voice catagory burrons, I can toggle between all these hundreds of new and different voices.
You cannot use the cards (SRJ) out of a JV880 because these are not compatible. Only the SRX cards will work.
I hope this helps

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 06/02/07 07:57 PM

Thank you GEORGE,
That is exactly the information I was looking for.
My other question would be, "Is there any particular brand that work better then others like in the Technics SD cards?
I appreciate your help.
Best to you and yours,
Bebop
Posted by: Burkels

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 06/13/07 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
HI ALL,
Who else is getting or has a Roland E 50, 60, or 80?

Picking up my E50 this Friday, so I'm in! :-)

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 06/13/07 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
Bebop,
I've you haven't had your question aswered regarding expansion cards and blank memory cards, I will give you some answers.
You can buy a PCMCIA to flash card adapter ($9.95 at Fry's) and any size compact flash card. I load about 2500 roland styles, 2500 standard midi files and can load lot's more onto this memory card.
I have installed two SRX expansion boards (world and studio) into my E80 at my store. By pushing the EXP button next to the voice catagory burrons, I can toggle between all these hundreds of new and different voices.
You cannot use the cards (SRJ) out of a JV880 because these are not compatible. Only the SRX cards will work.
I hope this helps

HI GEORGE,
I got the adapter for 10.00 at Frys and the 1 MG High speed compact flash for 40.00 at Frys. I have them installed and formated, but haven't put anything on them yet. Today is my day to learn to record on this E 80 and i will save it to the Card. I wonder if I should set up directories first or does the formatting do that/ I guess I will find out today.
Do you have the expansion cards in stock for sale or available with short lead times. Are there any discounts available for these exp. cards.
I think I may also need some foot switches as I don't yet know if any I have will work on this board.
we appreciate your informative posts here. Please stay with us.
thanks,
Bebop

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 06/13/07 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Burkels:
Picking up my E50 this Friday, so I'm in! :-)

HI Burkels,
Welcom to the Rolland Arranger Forum in the Synthzone. We are happy to have you join us here. I see you are in the Netherlands. I believe I have someone else from there in my Roland Email list.
If you would like to be in my Roland Email List drop me an email. My address is above under the envelope icon.
I just sent out V 1.06 upgrade for the E 80. I have no idea if this is also for the E 50 and E 60. Maybe someone else here can tell us. I got it directly from the Roland district manager for our California area.
Bebop

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 06/15/07 01:35 PM

Quote:
HI Burkels,
Welcom to the Rolland Arranger Forum in the Synthzone. We are happy to have you join us here. I see you are in the Netherlands. I believe I have someone else from there in my Roland Email list.
If you would like to be in my Roland Email List drop me an email. My address is above under the envelope icon.
I just sent out V 1.06 upgrade for the E 80. I have no idea if this is also for the E 50 and E 60. Maybe someone else here can tell us. I got it directly from the Roland district manager for our California area.
Bebop

Thanks for the welcome, but I've been here quite a while already :-) I just sent you an e-mail concerning the maillist.

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 06/15/07 03:38 PM

HI Bart,
I got your email, thank you, and added you to our Roland E and G email list and replied with three E 80 songs attached for you to play in your new keyboard.
Thanks for joining us,
Best to you,
Bebop
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 06/15/07 07:11 PM

Bart, where have you been?

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 06/16/07 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Bart, where have you been?

Too busy :-)

But I'm back, and with a brand new Roland too! I read something about Roland pricing the keyboards too high... well, if I look at the price-difference between EXR-5 and E-50, then I must conclude that Roland jam-packed this new baby with features and options for a great value-for-money price. It will certainly keep me busy figuring it all out!

After that, I'll be glad to post a "review" of it.

[This message has been edited by Burkels (edited 06-16-2007).]

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 06/16/07 10:00 AM

Bart,
Send us some tunes recorded on your new keyboard to the email list so I can send them out to all the members. So far only Alex Green and I have sent out tunes. Nobody responded to mine so maybe I only thought I sent out tunes. I will have to ask Alex if anybody responded to his tunes I sent out.
Do you supppose our list members are not interested in hearing our tunes.
What say you people?
I always believed that sharing tunes and info is what we are all about here????
Bebop

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 06/16/07 11:06 AM

Quote:
Bart,
Send us some tunes recorded on your new keyboard to the email list so I can send them out to all the members. So far only Alex Green and I have sent out tunes. Nobody responded to mine so maybe I only thought I sent out tunes. I will have to ask Alex if anybody responded to his tunes I sent out.
Do you supppose our list members are not interested in hearing our tunes.
What say you people?
I always believed that sharing tunes and info is what we are all about here????
Bebop

It is, Bebop, as far as I'm concerned anyway I'll listen to your songs tonight and of course I will let you know what I think of them!

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 06/20/07 12:55 AM

By the way... Has anyone managed to play the "Cymbal roll" on the manual drums already? It is in the E-50, but because the "Roll" is in the higher octaves, you can't "reach" it on 61 keys??
Posted by: Charles

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 06/20/07 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
Hi Graham.
Being a previous PA800 and E80 owner I think you will definitely like the E80 and get more out of this than the Korg
If you do fancy going for one of the expansion boards I didn't think the SRG-01 offered many good sounds. I have heard the latest piano board and brass in action and those 2 were far better. There's certainly enough expansions, styles and registrations out there for the E80 to keep you happy for many months to come.
Hi,Graham,Im a Brit living in the USA,look at my posts under No More mistakes[Charles]Please tell me why you ditched the Korg,Chas[Charles]ps Im considering the e 60

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 06/20/07 03:03 PM

Well, Charles, if the G 70 was too heavy for you, then I suspect the E 60 will be too and my E 80 weighs 50 pounds bare so that is probably too heavy too. I hear the E 50 is pretty much a toy and not a pro board for gigging. One of our members bought the E 50 and already swapped it for the E 80 and said he should have bought that in the first place.

I would say the Technics KN7000 is one of the best for gigging but with the company out of business now you would need to buy two and they aren’t cheap. I sold mine to a dealer for about 2500.00 not too long ago.

So I guess that leaves you the tyros 2 of those I am familiar with. I think it is only 32 pounds but you need the sound system and that is more weight. I use the Bose Speakers with the Yam Bass woofer. I think that sound system weighs about another 30 pounds in it’s roller case, but at least they are separate weights and not all one big weight.

I am going to sell the Tyros 2 if you get interested in that and can’t find one closer to Florida as I am on the west coast.

Good luck in your research.

Bill
Posted by: Marilyn Boissoneault

Re: Are you getting an E50, E60, or E80, you belong here - 06/21/07 05:11 PM

I bought the "toy" keyboard, the E50. It is basically the same keyboard as the E60, lacks the D-Beam and the extra octave of keys.

Lot's of people use the Yamaha PSR3000 for gigging, I can't imagine why the E50 wouldn't work as well. I have both keyboards.

Mariyn