SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#301542 - 12/28/10 08:24 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Ian, If you only knew what was 'in there'.

That does not mean all arrangers are created equal as to PRO features...OK, let's call it advanced features if you want.

Some folks don't need or care about some of the advanced features, some do. This is not about whether you personally need or want these features..but they are there in what I call a PRO level keybord (arranger in this case)

Also, this is not about yours is better than mine ot vise versa...or if it doesn't have those advanced features its bad.

I have a good idea what is "in there", Lee, as I've played Korg synths and workstations...very well done. I must say.

"Advanced" features on these high end arrangers from both Korg and Yamaha are different...take Yamaha's SA/SA2 voices, for example and how they respond to a player's style, or input....I'd consider that something advanced.

Korg's extensive editing is no less of an "advanced" feature.

Where SA/SA2 come into their own, is for the person who plays a lot of instrumental music...I'm 61, and, like you, I'm not intending on being a singer, so things like Vocal Harmony, aren't that important to me.

The same as extensive editing of sounds...if the sounds are already excellent, and extremely responsive and playable, about the only "editing" I'll ever need is to brighten or smooth out a tone, which can easily be done by adjusting the filter and brightness controls.

I tend to use "natural" sounds, like guitar, sax, organ, strings, brass etc, so if these sounds are already excellent, then I won't need an elaborate system to change them to suit my style.

I can see where the Korg would appeal to certain types of players, especially those who like to construct their own sets of sounds.

And yes, it isn't about what instrument is "better"...the "better" instrument is the one that meets your needs and suits your playing style the best.

I'm very happy with an S910, a mid-range arranger...it has terrific sounds, great styles and is incredibly playable, in my own opinion.

Would a Tyros4 or Korg PA make me sound "better'? A lot of what comes out of an arranger has to do with the player's skill and technique, and the ability to "arrange" music in a tasteful and interesting manner.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I'd rather spend my time making music than programming and tweaking...the Yamaha allows just enough tweaking to suit me, so that's why I'm using one.

I'm still anxiously awaiting the Tyros4...what I've heard so far has me very interested.

Ian

#301543 - 12/29/10 06:47 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
zuki Offline

Forget about the 1 finger PA2X feature. I can lay down ANY chord and the 800 will recognize it. The POWER Korg has is unparalleled, IMO.

Lee, switch to Yammy after the 2X and you'll have withdrawals.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#301544 - 12/29/10 07:48 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
there you go Donny. Pissing contest achieved.

#301545 - 12/29/10 07:55 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I'm still anxiously awaiting the Tyros4...what I've heard so far has me very interested.

I bet the T4 has singer finger chord reccognition! lol

#301546 - 12/29/10 07:57 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:

why even mention that? I would call it owner pride

#301547 - 12/29/10 08:05 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
I bet the T4 has singer finger chord reccognition! lol

It might David, but I'm not a singer...thankfully.

However, it might appeal to you.

#301548 - 12/29/10 08:14 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
After over 115 replies! (3 pages) , I think the very FIRST posting reply by Joe Songman55 sums it up the best: I gotta concur.

Quote:
Originally posted by Songman55:
The truth is Yamaha delivers, it works. The styles are there, the OS is incredible. I'm adjusting things on the fly all the time and it's easy. I get the drums to sound great. It meets all of my needs. I was a Roland man for years but the Yamaha really does the job I need done. Enough said. Merry Christmas to all!!! Joe

#301549 - 12/29/10 08:16 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
After over 115 replies! (3 pages) , I think the very FIRST posting reply by Joe Songman55 sums it up the best: I gotta concur.

exactly scott you can say that about motl/totl arrangers for the last 10 years no big deal imo.

#301550 - 12/29/10 08:20 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:

#301551 - 12/29/10 08:33 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Quote:
[b]there you go Donny. Pissing contest achieved.

[/B]

Crap like that picture doesn't sit good with me..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Man/Boy_Love_Association
http://www.nambla.org/

Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online