SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#299827 - 11/23/10 04:12 PM Wholly Crap! This is how an arranger can be part of something superb!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Tyros Twin, in a group with drummer and lead guitar.

This IMHO is the best I have ever heard using a Tyros 3......

Great instruments, PRO players, great sound system....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWhbEzDrQ4g&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmWWCdv7DMA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Here is the Tyros 3 twin by itself...I think I will build one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALCO5CAPZi8&feature=related

Not perfect playing...but I find it very interesting..anyone else?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgHR2SpdrWs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Lee S.

[This message has been edited by leeboy (edited 11-23-2010).]

#299828 - 11/24/10 03:45 AM Re: Wholly Crap! This is how an arranger can be part of something superb!
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Not my cup of tea. Reminds me a bad experance I had once in a elevator

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 11-24-2010).]

#299829 - 11/24/10 07:11 AM Re: Wholly Crap! This is how an arranger can be part of something superb!
leeboy Offline

James...you mean the Tyros twin or the whole peformance?

You really think it was that bad....?

Some of the sounds on the Tyros twin sounded pretty darn good...I don't think the equivelant on the PA2 are as good.

Lee S.

[This message has been edited by leeboy (edited 11-24-2010).]

#299830 - 11/24/10 02:39 PM Re: Wholly Crap! This is how an arranger can be part of something superb!
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
I was just thinking, why does he use an arranger in this setting? Seems... well a bit redundant.

DocZ

#299831 - 11/24/10 03:20 PM Re: Wholly Crap! This is how an arranger can be part of something superb!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Not my cup of tea. Reminds me a bad experance I had once in a elevator

Couldn't agree more. Still, I'm glad YOU said it instead of me.

On a secondary note, that's a lot of money (twin T3) to get THAT sound. I think I'd rather hear a really good player on a harmonica.........or even, gasp, an AccordiOn (nod if you're out there, Tony ).

chas

#299832 - 11/24/10 03:45 PM Re: Wholly Crap! This is how an arranger can be part of something superb!
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
James...you mean the Tyros twin or the whole peformance?

I think the Tyros Mod looks great, very well done in fact. It's the performance that would not be my cup of tea.

Quote:
You really think it was that bad....?

I don't think I'd say it's bad, as in they suck. What I feel when listening to this is that they have been doing it far too long and they are fed up with doing it themselves. It just sounded so very tired to me and lacked all traces of motivation.

I'm very open minded when it comes to music. You can play songs I totally hate and I can still appreciate the music from a technical point. However, if your performance lacks any effort or motivation at all.... well... that's it for me. I can't stand people just going through the motions.

Only my 2 cents though.

Regards
James

#299833 - 11/24/10 06:45 PM Re: Wholly Crap! This is how an arranger can be part of something superb!
leeboy Offline

Appreciate your input...but...Boy you guys must be at Elton John's level?? I think this is just a club for dinner etc? Not sure what country there in.

The T3 on the first song (sunny side of the steet) you don't think it sounds great?
The Organ, Sax, Vibes...
Listen to it again?

My whole post is that the T3 sounds good in the overall sound...not that these guys are God's gift to music. The T3 sound was what I liked.

Do you think a Motif would have sounded better? IMHO not. That Sax kicks ass.

If I were in that club having dinner, I would have enjoyed their performances.

After listening to all the songs they/he played...I doubt 90% of all arragnger players (home keyboard players) are 1/2 as good as the guy on the Tyros.

All he's done is take a T3 ($3,000) added a MIDI kbd ($300) and built a cabinet (time $ maybe $300 in materials) Pretty cool.

I guess that's why music is so subjective. Most, maybe 80% of the songs today on the radio I can't stand for example...but someone likes them.

Lee S.

[This message has been edited by leeboy (edited 11-24-2010).]

#299834 - 11/24/10 06:53 PM Re: Wholly Crap! This is how an arranger can be part of something superb!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The one that I noticed immediately was a fairly obvious hum from improper grounding of the amp to the recording device.

The guy playing the keyboard is pretty darned good. Keep in mind that he's using it as a multifaceted instrument and making some pretty quick changes on the fly. Overall, the band is very entertaining--especially for old codgers such as myself.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#299835 - 11/24/10 07:49 PM Re: Wholly Crap! This is how an arranger can be part of something superb!
leeboy Offline

Gary,
Yep, I noticed the hum too....overlooked it as the sound of the Tyros Twin was my focus.

BUT I still think the T3 sounded pretty darn good Don't know of any Synth he could have used to do any better.

Not bad at all for, as you say, us old codgers (I'm 62). But my kids and grandkids would hate it.

Did you listen to his solos? Not perfect but sounds were good and he is decent player.

Lee S.

#299836 - 11/24/10 09:01 PM Re: Wholly Crap! This is how an arranger can be part of something superb!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Tyros Twin, in a group with drummer and lead guitar.

This IMHO is the best I have ever heard using a Tyros 3......

I loved it Lee. Great playing and great sound. Thanks for that. Shows that the Tyros 3 can do much more than just be an arranger keyboard. Loved the organ and sax sound. I use a Motif 6 with my classic rock band but it doesn't come close to that. Maybe I should consider the Tyros myself when I next upgrade. It would be nice to have a keyboard that could work in a band yet be an arranger in other situations.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 11-24-2010).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online