Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#298404 - 11/01/10 09:59 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Sorry Scott,

Steve Demming and I tried both ways (from the Assembly and Basic tabs) with the same result.

The problem is that Steve does not know if and how long it will take for Yamaha to address the issue. It seems the Yamaha does not have a great relationship with Yamaha USA.

So there is a problem with the T4 OS Chony?

#298405 - 11/01/10 10:05 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
It seems the Yamaha does not have a great relationship with Yamaha USA.

Is this what Steve told you, Chony?

Ian

#298406 - 11/01/10 10:58 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Is this what Steve told you, Chony?

Ian

Not those exact words. I'm not sure what I can and cannot say publicly on this.

#298407 - 11/02/10 12:08 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:

Steve Demming and I tried both ways (from the Assembly and Basic tabs) with the same result.

Hi Chony, I discussed your situation on the phone (via Skype) with knowledgeable Yamaha Tyros owner friend, jyvern (UK) earlier today. He confirmed to me that he's able on 'his' Tyros4, to save a style via 'assembly tab, so I'm now wondering if a different (newer?) OS Tyros4 version was included on his Tyros4 vs yours & Steve's (USA). Whatever the case, I hope Yamaha's able to sus this out soon (software update?), as I personally would be unable to tolerate an inability to save edited styles. Chony, good luck & please continue to keep us posted. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 11-02-2010).]

#298408 - 11/02/10 12:18 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hi Chony, I discussed your situation on the phone (via Skype) with knowledgeable Yamaha Tyros owner friend, jwvern (UK) earlier today. He confirmed to me that he's able on 'his' Tyros4, to successfully save a style via 'assembly tab, so I'm now wondering if a different (newer?) OS Tyros4 version was included on his Tyros4 vs yours & Steve's (USA). Whatever the case, I hope Yamaha's able to sus this out soon (software update?), as I would be unable to tolerate the lack to edit and re-save factory/custom styles. Chony, good luck & please continue to keep us posted. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 11-02-2010).]

He has to follow the exact steps I'm doing on the video and I have no doubt he can recreate it.

In short, he needs to take a style which has data recorded in RHY1/RHY2/BASS (for example). Make changes in all 3. The first time he saves everything will be fine.

The problem is the second time. This time, he should only change ONE of the parameters and not even TOUCH the others. If he touches the other parameters (even if he changes it back) this demonstration will not work.

Then he should save it again, and see what happened to the 2 parameters he DID not change in the last edit.

#298409 - 11/02/10 12:57 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
He has to follow the exact steps I'm doing on the video and I have no doubt he can recreate it.

In short, he needs to take a style which has data recorded in RHY1/RHY2/BASS (for example). Make changes in all 3. The first time he saves everything will be fine.

The problem is the second time. This time, he should only change ONE of the parameters and not even TOUCH the others. If he touches the other parameters (even if he changes it back) this demonstration will not work.

Then he should save it again, and see what happened to the 2 parameters he DID not change in the last edit.

Did you try that style unlock program? I didn't even know there were styles that needed to be unlocked. You can use the program to "unlock" a bulk of styles.
http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/stun/index.htm

Tell us if this works.

Beakybird

#298410 - 11/02/10 12:59 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Chony,
EXACTLY.

Gilbert.

#298411 - 11/02/10 03:18 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
Wis Offline

Chony, I have to admit you were right, there are different ways to edit a style.
Editing global and editing partially.
When editing global does not work you could save the changes you have made in a registration. I know this is not the same but the volumes stay as you set them.
The changes in the software could be caused by the new Mixer element the Drummixer. I do not see this as a Bug.

#298412 - 11/02/10 04:16 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
jwyvern Offline

Chony,here's an update from me:

The results can be variable, which partly explains why some may see a problem while others don't. Even in my case I couldn't repeat the initial results of yesterday. But today I tried again on the same style I tested (preset BigBandJazz) and after an OK save started to get "wrong" volumes on some parts again. (I'm making changes to many parts, not necessarily following your video precisely to the letter).

The strangest thing is if you run the style the bass flips from vol. 44 to 90 to 44 as you change LH chords and you can hear it happening. Note this is with Style Touch off. You don't have to hit at different velocities to produce it- just change to different chords.
Whatever it is seems to be saved in the edited style, because I can load it and it happens again.

Maybe the type of style is important too. The above is a session style. I haven't found a problem yet with a preset Pro style eg. ModBigBandBld. Although I haven't spent long trying.

It's good you have Steve involved.

PS re Stephen's comments above it appears that if a part is not used - and Rhy1 is often not used in Presets - whatever edits you make may not show up in that part. I was finding unused Rhy1 was sticking at 100 on the preset style I used.

John

[This message has been edited by jwyvern (edited 11-02-2010).]

[This message has been edited by jwyvern (edited 11-02-2010).]

#298413 - 11/02/10 04:42 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Style volum and style perameters.

Try This.
I think I have cracked it on my Tyros4,
Follow these instructions and you will be surprised.

1. Select style for edit.

2,Make edits

3. Go into digital record tab to ASSEMBLY then back to BASIC the save instruction button will appear.save from HERE.

4. check settings which should now be okay.all other alterations to the same style are also regognised.

Now works evey time for me.

Gilbert.

[This message has been edited by gilbert (edited 11-02-2010).]

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online