SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#298414 - 11/02/10 05:06 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
Dnj Offline

Quote:
3. Go into digital record tab to ASSEMBLY then "BACK" to BASIC the save instruction button will appear.save from HERE.[/B]

The going "BACK" Step.....the Save for some reason works for me also on my S910......

#298415 - 11/02/10 05:18 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Gilbert,

Thanks for clarification I'll have to try that this evening.

This morning 'round 5 before heading to the office I tried the procedure I have been using on the Tyros4, S910 and CVP 307,( not the one just outlined by Gilbert) the behavior on all 3 instruments is pretty much the same, when you save a 2nd time the settings to RHY1, RHY2 and BASS do not save according to the latest changes I made. As John brought out in his post RHY1 seems to be all over the place. Bottom line though at least from what I've observed that it's just not limited to the Tyros4.

#298416 - 11/02/10 07:08 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
After more tests on both internal and customs styles
It looks like its back to the drawing board,although the above method does work with many styles, it is still inconsistent with many others.
I post, as I would not wish anyone to be misled by my previous post.However do try it for yourself.

Gilbert.

#298417 - 11/02/10 07:41 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Dng,
It certainly work for me also covering many style.

I did not think it could be as simple as the way the save was used.Hence I tried many more styles both customs and Preset.

The success with customs styles was consistent however the success with preset styles was not, not all,but a fair number.Which were the more complicated Styles.

Whether this has to do with the make-up of the pre-set styles I am really not sure.

Anyway it certainly needs to be looked at by Yamaha.
Gilbert.

#298418 - 11/02/10 08:02 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by gilbert:
Anyway it certainly needs to be looked at by Yamaha.
Gilbert.

Thanx Gilbert for trying.....it certainly seems to be a Tyros 4 Bug of some sort and I hope Yamaha gets an OS fix owners can upload ASAP.

#298419 - 11/02/10 11:16 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
jwyvern Offline

I normally have Style Touch on which it has been for most of the testing I have reported.

Today I turned it Off and loaded the Session Preset Style I had previously found problems with. Then carried out various volume edits and saves- 5 times. No problem in spite of this having been a problem style before.
Then changed to Style Touch On, loaded the style under those conditions and made 2 more edits and saves. This time both saves did NOT faithfully reproduce all the edits.

With Style Touch still on I loaded a Pro style which previously I had been unable to find a problem with (with ST off). ModBigBandBld

The first save was OK, but the next 2 edits were then NOT faithfully reproduced in the saves.

So I think it would be useful to know the status of Style Touch at the time when others have found a problem saving style volumes.
ie.
Function/Style setting/Style Touch On or Off.

In case there is a common factor and possible pointer to the problem.

john

#298420 - 11/02/10 11:26 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by jwyvern:
So I think it would be useful to know the status of Style Touch at the time when others have found a problem saving style volumes.
ie.
Function/Style setting/Style Touch On or Off.

In case there is a common factor and possible pointer to the problem.

john

I never use style touch, in fact I'm not even sure what the purpose of it is... Why would you want each chord to be played at a different volume (including drums). I'm curious which style of music that is good for?

In any case, it seems my problems have been with it off, and yours when on.

#298421 - 11/02/10 12:50 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
jwyvern Offline

Quoting Chony,
"I never use style touch, in fact I'm not even sure what the purpose of it is... Why would you want each chord to be played at a different volume (including drums). I'm curious which style of music that is good for?"

Style touch is a means of introducing some velocity sensitivity to the style parts- but not drums. They rise and fall together. You can keep the level constant or rise to crescendos or maintain a higher level for a few bars depending on the expression you want and the way you play. The sensitivity is not normally as great as is usual with RH voices.
I thought the Ty3 (and prior) styles just had 2 levels (normal and high) but looking at Ty4 there seems to be a more continuous transition between normal and high.
Perhaps a change has been made, and one of the reasons I thought it worth checking.

john

#298422 - 11/02/10 01:21 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by jwyvern:
Style touch is a means of introducing some velocity sensitivity to the style parts- but not drums. They rise and fall together. You can keep the level constant or rise to crescendos or maintain a higher level for a few bars depending on the expression you want and the way you play.

Style Touch is also on the S910, and I find it very useful for certain genres, especially Jazz or Latin.

I'm not sure how many levels of velocity, John, but it appears to be a rather smooth transition from soft to loud.

I believe it goes back to the PSR-2000 at least.

Ian

#298423 - 11/03/10 07:20 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
chony Offline

Loc: New York
UPDATE:

According to my discussions on the T4 with Yamaha USA reps, it has been concluded that the issues I've been having are issues in the system. Yamaha has not done due quality control in the release of their flagship.

I was not encouraged by what Yamaha USA has told me about how they think this problem will be dealt with. I was told that it will be at least a week, possibly two, before Yamaha USA will even hear back from Yamaha Japan.

It seems that the purpose of Yamaha USA is sales and they don't respect or really care much for what the USA market wants and needs ... which is quite unfortunate ...

I hope more people see my videos. The more people who see them, the better the chance something will happen.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online