SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >
Topic Options
#297681 - 10/26/10 09:06 AM My first impression of the Audya
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Last week I had the chance to visit AJ, and he demonstrated the Audya for me..

The hands on demo confirmed what I already envisioned..
The Audya is a great sounding keyboard..and has a lot of capable editing power too..

The units I played were "AJAM Sonic" modified...I will post this package info below..

I was surprised to find the Audya recognized the complex chords using the audio guitar...It took me a while to find a chord it didn't recognize.. (maj7,b5,b9th)..who would ever play that chord..
The accommodating midi guitar that replaced the audio guitar chord is poor , especially compared to the audio guitars..It is like night and day...Fortunately the audio chord recognition is pretty well covered now..

AJ showed me many editing features that did the job....my only concern was the procedures to edit...it would take some time to get comfortable using the edit methods..

The sounds are very live sounding...Donny didn't like the drum snares on some kits..he thought they were to out front..He either forgot what working with a live drummer was like...or he got use to the Yamaha drums..

Most of the styles were great...I did notice the Big Band selection not quite up to the standards of the other styles on the Audya..but there were some good ones..I think a remix to personal taste would greatly make the BB styles great..

Keep in mind I played the AJAM sonic prepared Audya...and I am sure it is far superior to the standard..although I did not have a standard unit to compare it too...There was a standard SD1..that could not compete with the AJAM Audya..

We played the Audya for a few hours without any OS problems...I have read some folks were having output problems...but none were evident on the AJAM prepared units...

I understand that AJ is working with Ketron to resolve some issues and bring the product to the specs..so all Audya owners can enjoy..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 10-26-2010).]

#297682 - 10/26/10 09:15 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-26-2010).]

#297683 - 10/26/10 09:26 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Am I confused here?? I hope so.

Are you saying all the features on the AJSONIC Audya are not standard if you just buy an Audya?

Has AJ done all this personally, now he is selling this?

OR is it just that Ketron has not got all this done yet, meaning he (AJ) did all the work and they are incorporating all this into standard production line models soon??

Lee S.

#297684 - 10/26/10 09:30 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Am I confused here?? I hope so.

Are you saying all the features on the AJSONIC Audya are not standard if you just buy an Audya?

Has AJ done all this personally, now he is selling this?

OR is it just that Ketron has not got all this done yet, meaning he (AJ) did all the work and they are incorporating all this into standard production line models soon??

Lee S.

The "Ajamtronic" Version is not standard on the Audya 5.... this is an additional option you can purchase & have installed by Aj's New Company ...
get in touch with him for more details.

#297685 - 10/26/10 09:34 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Let's get this straight...if you want the Audya to work as it should have, you pay $250 to have someone fix a "new" instrument?

I guess some would consider $250 a deal, since, if you don't pay it, you have a far inferior instrument to one with the upgrade.

Good thing Audya have AJ, or is it, good thing AJ has Audya?

Ian

#297686 - 10/26/10 09:36 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-26-2010).]

#297687 - 10/26/10 10:54 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Fran Carango Offline

#297688 - 10/26/10 12:07 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Unbelievable!
I don't think you don't want to know what I'm thinking.

I will say this...ANY fixes of problems that Ketron has not fixed or seems to not be able to fix THAT AJ has fixed should be bought from AJ by Ketron and prvided FREE to all Audya customers.

Add on styles/sounds ect...are a different animal.

Lee S.

#297689 - 10/26/10 12:31 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Fran Carango Offline

#297690 - 10/26/10 12:41 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
8. 30% discount on soon-to-be-released AUDYA/5 MANUAL - manual includes details on how to use/operate your AUDYA, step-by-step procedures on features, their usage and tricks and tips.

we should not have to pay for an AUDYA4 electronic/paper manual,

videos ok

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online