SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >
Topic Options
#297731 - 10/27/10 05:17 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
To be honest, I don't see how AJ can offer any warranty himself, anyway. Does he realize the cesspool of technical support and parts issues he is getting himself into. Mind you, if 'technical support' involves only being available for two days a week I am not sure you could exactly call that a tough gig!

You won't find a Yamaha or Korg employee doing this because Yamaha and Korg products don't NEED this doing to them. But if they did, I am pretty sure that quite a few of you would be happy they did...

I'm sorry, guys, but I simply see this as just one MORE indicator of how bad arranger sales are, today. The Audya is a hell of a good sounding, well styled product. But there's little or no distributorship, they can't afford to support it properly, they can't afford to fix it properly, they can't afford full-time staff, and they couldn't afford to wait until it worked well before they released it.

Sadly, I think that eventually, all that will be left is Yamaha (and maybe Casio) making bland toys for boys and girls of all ages. Let's face it, consolidation has never made anything BETTER... Just homogenized, bland, and indifferent to niche needs.

Glad I got my G70 before the rot set in!

I think you hit the nail on the head (for this you get a gold star).
He is only filling the void that some arranger products have.
It seems like others have sour grapes against AJ. Just because he is very talented and has the business sense to fill a void people are mad at him because they do not have the same talent and business sense to do what he does.
In order to get you have to give. You can not expect the home company to do every thing for you to help you sell the product.

------------------
TTG

#297732 - 10/27/10 05:19 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
Donny,

In what country is he a prince?

Tom

Cameroon, Africa

#297733 - 10/27/10 09:22 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Lucky2Bhere Offline

I find the "big band" style on the Audya to be limp also. Can one take a "big band" style from another source and program it in(from the S series, 3rd party programmer, etc)?

Lucky

#297734 - 10/28/10 06:15 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
if AJ is selling new styles, new guitars, tweaked styles, then he deserves to be compensated, and has right to charge those who WANT it.

if AJ is offering OS ENHANCEMENTS,ADDITIONS, then he deserves compensation,...

if AJ has a great AUDYA4 manual, or a new improved AUDYA5 manual, then KETRON should pay AJ, and give it to all AUDYA owners for FREE

if AJ is offering bug fixes to an existing/original OS, then KETRON should pay AJ, and give us ALL the updates/bugfixes for FREE

Leezone has it dead right
its KETRON who should be providing all of this FREE to customers who have paid MASSIVE money for their product. They should buy it from AJ if its as good as we are told and especially if its FIXES for the bugs they allowed sent out on new product without obviously testing it all first. Are we to be the guinea pigs for ketron and pay dearly for the honour testing their stuff??

#297735 - 10/28/10 06:20 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
You can not expect the home company to do every thing for you to help you sell the product.

Probably not, but the home company should provide a product that doesn't need practically a major revamp in order to sound as it should have in the first place.

Ian

#297736 - 10/28/10 06:21 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
I find the "big band" style on the Audya to be limp also. Can one take a "big band" style from another source and program it in(from the S series, 3rd party programmer, etc)?

Lucky

You can try but you will probably be worse off thru conversional problems via proprietary issues.

#297737 - 10/28/10 06:23 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
[
Fair enough, but I dont see any fix for the fact that Assinging outputs 1234 does not work properly and can not be saved
Anyone know about it or maybe advise?

Want to send bass to 1 out snare to 2 etc etc--simple and easy on the X!
How come it will not work on audya?

#297738 - 10/28/10 06:38 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rusty 999:
[
Fair enough, but I dont see any fix for the fact that Assinging outputs 1234 does not work properly and can not be saved

Have you spoken to Aj as of yet on this issue....?

#297739 - 10/28/10 08:44 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
When someone representing a manufacturer and distributor at a major trade show says, "buy this board from me, write the check to me (the individual) and don't tell authorized dealers", that's just wrong. This has happened multiple times-same individual involved and is done on an on-going basis from locations other than trade shows. Such activity would NEVER be tolerated in any industry I know of, and I've been in the manufacturer/distributor/dealer relations business for years.

And when the distributor is told directly by multiple people, multiple times, including authorized dealers that this is happening and does nothing to stop it...

THAT'S WORSE!

Bad ethics and bad business practices, no matter how you look at it. I could NEVER deal with individuals like this. The "sleeze" factor is just too great. Too bad, because I like the product line and have 4 units of theirs.

How sad!

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 10-28-2010).]

#297740 - 10/28/10 12:52 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rusty 999:
[

Kevin,
Proceed as follows ...

* Press MENU
* Press OUTPUT ASSIGN (F5).
* Press F1 (Out 3&4) and select the component with the up and down data arrow buttons and use the < and > data buttons to to assign the component highlighted to MAIN/STEREO or Output 3 and 4..
* Press F3 (Out 1&2) and repeat as above. Change U1 to Out 1&2 Mono so you have more options to send some components out of output 1 and others out of output 2. Again, the center of the screen will display what can be assigned to these outputs or the MAIN outputs.
* Press F2 (Out 1&2 Drums - Drum Outputs) and select which outputs you want which individual drum parts going out of (out1, out 2 and main outputs are your options).

When done, press SAVE U5/10.

Exit from here into the default screen.

Press SAVE and CUSTOM STAART UP (F6) to save so you don't have to repeat this procedure each time you power on your unit.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

AJ

Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online