SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 32 of 34 < 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 >
Topic Options
#296076 - 10/24/10 06:27 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
to the genesys Offline

You know people keep talking about “asking” persons about a 76 key arranger.

What are they asking them?

I mean did Yamaha show them a picture of the G70 and ask them if they would buy a Yamaha arranger like that?
If Yamaha has determined that a new PSR based on the T4 is worth wiled, They would need to determine whether or not making it 76 keys would stop persons from buying it.
And if they feel they must ask questions about that, they have to keep all the other variables the same (price, size weight sounds and styles and OS).

------------------
TTG

#296077 - 10/24/10 06:45 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Some of you cats need to get out of Yamaha Central and wake up to the fact that just because Yamaha thinks TOTL arrangers should be 61 keys...OTHERS do not....and they sell the piss out of them!

The Korg PA2XPRO is the flagship arranger for them. The beast there very best and the PA800 (61) has less features and cost less.
Ketron is 76 (now 61 and module too)

I can buy a brand new 76 Key PA2XPRO right now! for $3100 (maybe less)...AND I can buy a brand new 61...repeat 61 key T4 for $3300(about the same as a new T3). A 61 note PA800 is only around $1,900. Basically the same with a few things missing,(some sliders, MP3 is an option...but it has built in amp/speakers). Same sounds, same styles etc.

The T4 is overpriced...plain and simple, it should be a 76 for that cost. The T4 should be around $2500.

People keep paying it...so they keep doing it to them.

Lee S.

#296078 - 10/24/10 06:53 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Dnj Offline

You guys dont get it...it's the Tyros sound not teh 76 keys that people love.....why overpriced because You think so?.....
I'm sure Yamaha research & test marketing has priced the tyros4 & other models correctly..76 lovers just buy the KORG or Ketron, Roland etc...and they should be happy?...NOT they want the YAMAHA SOUNDS, STYLES, and support.

#296079 - 10/24/10 07:21 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Some of you cats need to get out of Yamaha Central and wake up to the fact that just because Yamaha thinks TOTL arrangers should be 61 keys...OTHERS do not....and they sell the piss out of them!

The Korg PA2XPRO is the flagship arranger for them. The beast there very best and the PA800 (61) has less features and cost less.
Ketron is 76 (now 61 and module too)

I can buy a brand new 76 Key PA2XPRO right now! for $3100 (maybe less)...AND I can buy a brand new 61...repeat 61 key T4 for $3300(about the same as a new T3). A 61 note PA800 is only around $1,900. Basically the same with a few things missing,(some sliders, MP3 is an option...but it has built in amp/speakers). Same sounds, same styles etc.

The T4 is overpriced...plain and simple, it should be a 76 for that cost. The T4 should be around $2500.

People keep paying it...so they keep doing it to them.

Lee S.

How much $$ was the Pa2X Pro when it FIRST came out? surely it has come down since then...

not really fair to compare the pricing of a model that has been on the market for over 2 years against something that came out just a few weeks ago.

Both Keybaords have their pros and cons which bring them equal regardless of the number of Keys they have.

#296080 - 10/24/10 08:21 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
You guys dont get it...it's the Tyros sound not teh 76 keys that people love.....why overpriced because You think so?.....
I'm sure Yamaha research & test marketing has priced the tyros4 & other models correctly..76 lovers just buy the KORG or Ketron, Roland etc...and they should be happy?...NOT they want the YAMAHA SOUNDS, STYLES, and support.

Apparently not King DNJ. You and I both know that it is all about the sounds and styles when it comes to Yamaha arrangers but others, including Yamaha do not believe it is the sounds, styles and support.

------------------
TTG

#296081 - 10/24/10 08:29 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:

Lee S.

You get what you pay for...the Tyros4 is newer, as well as sounding much better than the old PA2XPro...no wonder it's more expensive.

They should be practically giving away the Korgs.

Ian

#296082 - 10/26/10 09:36 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Let me get this straight....

Gary, you asked here and at Yamaha for FOUR YEARS before you got what you want.

One simple question... did you have to put up with all this negative bullshit from all the Yamaha fans while you did it? I sincerely hope not. Nothing gives you a better grip on just how LITTLE good will and empathy for our fellow musicians exists on this forum than listening to the sheer unadulterated GLEE that some like to take in slamming the door shut on what SEEMS to be a perfectly reasonable request...

But then, you wouldn't be one of those guilty of that now, would you..?

Seems like I've got another three years or so, to match your persistence. Hope the rest of you don't mind while I keep it up..! Yes I have written to Yamaha. And NO, they still have found no way of polling non-Yamaha users. Ater all, if Yamaha refuse to make good 76's, you can't blame those that WANT one from staying away from Yamaha Days (or whatever they happen to be. To be honest, I haven't heard of one anywhere NEAR me). Why should we attend demos of products we have no intention of buying?

Would YOU...? Didn't think so...

#296083 - 10/26/10 11:33 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Ater all, if Yamaha refuse to make good 76's, you can't blame those that WANT one from staying away from Yamaha Days (or whatever they happen to be. To be honest, I haven't heard of one anywhere NEAR me). Why should we attend demos of products we have no intention of buying?

Would YOU...? Didn't think so...

Diki, I'm surprised at that statement...I really thought you had more common sense.

If you don't go to a demo, you don't get to vote for a 76...if Yamaha do not make a 76, you won't go to a demo.

It's a catch-22, and it's your own doing.

I really don't know who the posters are who you say "sheer unadulterated GLEE that some like to take in slamming the door shut on what SEEMS to be a perfectly reasonable request."

Who are they?

I've been on the side of a 76'er since it started, but, I'm also aware, and you should be as well, that no manufacturer will gear up production for a new model, based on what's been posted here on SZ.

There is even less on the Yamaha sites.

I also don't understand the lack of demos in your area...my whole territory hasn't got any where near the population of where you live, yet we do quite a few demos, both before, and after (followup clinics) the holidays, or after a major product launch.

Are arrangers popular where you live? People have to see them being showcased, or, they won't understand the instrument's advantages.

Good luck with your persistence...if I can help in any way, just ask.

Ian

#296084 - 10/26/10 11:47 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, Ian, there's you, and then there's the REST of those so all-fired blatantly against the idea. Haven't noticed THEM? Bet you not ONE of them has ever written to Yamaha either!

How many times I got to tell you... there isn't a Yamaha Tyros dealer anywhere NEAR me. I'd go in a flash if there ever were. This is the arranger black hole of the universe, here in the Panhandle! But honestly, Ian. Don't bullsh*t me. If I turned up in YOUR store, and announced loudly that I was willing to buy a 76 S910 ON THE SPOT, you honestly going to tell me that would make a difference?

Please...

All that you and all the Yamaha fanboys have shown me so far is, if it's anything you don't currently need or want, it's an affront to your personal values that someone MIGHT want something Yamaha don't make. The fault is OBVIOUSLY ours, for wanting what Yamaha have decided, in their omniscience, that no REAL musician should ever need...

#296085 - 10/27/10 12:00 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
But honestly, Ian. Don't bullsh*t me. If I turned up in YOUR store, and announced loudly that I was willing to buy a 76 S910 ON THE SPOT, you honestly going to tell me that would make a difference?

Probably not.

Then again, the evidence on this forum is hardly going to make a difference either.

The people wanting a 76'er can't even agree on whether it be based on a Tyros or a PSR.

And. as I said earlier, even the Yamaha exclusive forums show little interest...there's far more interest in setting it up like a dual manual organ, with pedals.

Yes, it is essential that you have a 76...it is also very fortunate for you, that you already have what you need.

We are both lucky in that respect.

Again, if I can help in any way, just ask.

Ian

Page 32 of 34 < 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online