SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 28 of 34 < 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 33 34 >
Topic Options
#296036 - 10/22/10 11:34 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Maybe it's an old Japanese proverb? "If at first you don't succeed, QUIT!"

I can see it isn't a proverb you follow...

But keep going, Sunshine...it's nice to have you support Yamaha.

Ian

#296037 - 10/22/10 12:42 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
So if your father was named Richard...he'd be called, "Big Diki"...and you would be called..."Little Diki."

Either way, you're still a "--".
How nice.
Ian

I ain't no K-9,but a strong odour of ass is brilliantly shining forth in the air this day. What are we.. sitting in wooden desks with slivers up our tails in Gr4 all over again, such thoughtlessness from 76keys to this low levelled speeched scum is like the a unnamed dude bashing someones furniture in uploaded video's. For being tied to yam, me thinks i have seen the real displayed villian of 'rediculous' I-anne-ica-ca.

#296038 - 10/22/10 12:58 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
I ain't no K-9,but a strong odour of ass is brilliantly shining forth in the air this day.

Judging from the nature of your recent posts, here and on other threads, I'd say it's emanating from your PC keyboard.

Ian

#296039 - 10/22/10 01:05 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Judging from the blah blah blah of your recent blah blah blah..
Ian

In the corner or play nice mc'ill, i know a bully when i see one.

#296040 - 10/22/10 01:21 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
mr9000 Offline

ok resume:
Even though So many people
HATE THE DRUMS & constantly complain about having the "LIVE IN YOUR FACE" sound.......? So you'll have 76 keys and lousy drums to your ears?...
I dont get it? At this rate the Audya 76 is your only choice for that Live Sounding Drums.....or am I missing something here?

#296041 - 10/22/10 01:34 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ian,
Why would they leave off the other RH sound and the 2 wheels, OH and the aftertouch?
So, ow many volume type pedals can I hook to the Clav? 3 I hope.

Lee

#296042 - 10/22/10 01:53 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Multimillion pound experiment !!

What are you guys drinking? (I'll have some with you)

All they need to do is:
1) New case design/and new mold (plastic injection molding) Maybe only for the keybed area.
2) 76 key keyboard instead of a 61 (Cost + $50 max per keyboard) Just look ar Fatar prices)
3) Updated keybed decoder
4) Upated keymap programming.

The most expensive part of all this is the new mold(s) they need.

Yamaha already does Motif in 61, 76, 88 so they are good at having multiple options on keybed sizes...

Piece of cake.

One a different note...Yesterday I checked out the newest Yamaha Clavinova (CVP-500PM )...very impressive!
If it had full T4 capabilities...I might bite!

Lee S.

Lee lets break this down a bit

Would you be using the casing for the motif 7 to fit the new psr/tyros 76 note ? Would that be the Motif XS7 casing or the Motif XF7 casing or would actually design one that actually fit the tyros/psr layout of the keyboard ??

That means you start back at the begining. You dont just stretch the plastic injection mould pattern , you create a new one !!

That means when it comes to making and assembling tyhe components you have to reprogramm the assmbly line .

And if i make just just 1500 new Yamaha psr/tyros 76 at the same price as a tyros 61 $3500 then thats potentially $5250000 in revnue that i might never actually realise .

What if they only sell 200 ?

I dont know if you have looked carefully into what it would take to make a new model tyros/psr76 key instrument .

reconfiguring a flexible manufacturing machine for the production line , planning distribution and stock control and, quality control warehousing costs etc .

Do you realise the cost per day to a business if production line has to be retooled and reconfigured for a new model ?

Then you have to persuade retail outlets to carry your stock and put them on the floor for people to see. That was the down fall of roland arrangers . Nobody wanted to stock a product they could not sell.

Its ok for you to be confident that yamaha wouild sell the units that their capital is tied up in . Its not your money !!!

You make it sound like all yamaha have to do is flip a switch and key presto out pops the dream 76 arranger keyboard.

I wish it were that simple Lee.

And by the way have you decided amongst yourselves (from Dikis sample ) what size and weight and key feel this market wants and needs in the 76 Key Tyros/ PSR thingy ?

Should it be geared towards the pro, semi pro or home user, piano player or does any of this matter at all ??????

Last time i checked two out of the 8 people from Dikis extensive sample who expressed a preference for a 76 Key arranger could not quite agree whether it shouild be a ToTL or MOTL product . What about you Lee or the other 5 definate (if you can agree on the specs) buyers ?

What keyboard should yamaha make for you ????? synth action, semi weighted, weighted, ?????

What about the price range $2000-3000,$3000-4000 ? What impact might the price have on the product sales ? What impact might the price have on the 61 key sister sales ?

You can see how this might become a multimillion dollar experiment cant you ?

I guess some kind of detailed survey might be useful afterall......

#296043 - 10/22/10 02:03 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b] Judging from the blah blah blah of your recent blah blah blah..
Ian

In the corner or play nice mc'ill, i know a bully when i see one.

[/B]

Misquoting someone is not playing nice.

You see a bully everytime you look in the mirror...but, you're not much of threat...only to yourself.

Ian

#296044 - 10/22/10 02:08 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
ok resume:
At this rate the Audya 76 is your only choice for that Live Sounding Drums.....or am I missing something here?

You're not missing anything...the Audya 76 is your only choice.

Ian

#296045 - 10/22/10 04:40 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
Lee lets break this down a bit

Would you be using the casing for the motif 7 to fit the new psr/tyros 76 note ? Would that be the Motif XS7 casing or the Motif XF7 casing or would actually design one that actually fit the tyros/psr layout of the keyboard ??

That means you start back at the begining. You dont just stretch the plastic injection mould pattern , you create a new one !!

That means when it comes to making and assembling tyhe components you have to reprogramm the assmbly line .

And if i make just just 1500 new Yamaha psr/tyros 76 at the same price as a tyros 61 $3500 then thats potentially $5250000 in revnue that i might never actually realise .

What if they only sell 200 ?

I dont know if you have looked carefully into what it would take to make a new model tyros/psr76 key instrument .

reconfiguring a flexible manufacturing machine for the production line , planning distribution and stock control and, quality control warehousing costs etc .

Do you realise the cost per day to a business if production line has to be retooled and reconfigured for a new model ?

Then you have to persuade retail outlets to carry your stock and put them on the floor for people to see. That was the down fall of roland arrangers . Nobody wanted to stock a product they could not sell.

Its ok for you to be confident that yamaha wouild sell the units that their capital is tied up in . Its not your money !!!

You make it sound like all yamaha have to do is flip a switch and key presto out pops the dream 76 arranger keyboard.

I wish it were that simple Lee.

And by the way have you decided amongst yourselves (from Dikis sample ) what size and weight and key feel this market wants and needs in the 76 Key Tyros/ PSR thingy ?

Should it be geared towards the pro, semi pro or home user, piano player or does any of this matter at all ??????

Last time i checked two out of the 8 people from Dikis extensive sample who expressed a preference for a 76 Key arranger could not quite agree whether it shouild be a ToTL or MOTL product . What about you Lee or the other 5 definate (if you can agree on the specs) buyers ?

What keyboard should yamaha make for you ????? synth action, semi weighted, weighted, ?????

What about the price range $2000-3000,$3000-4000 ? What impact might the price have on the product sales ? What impact might the price have on the 61 key sister sales ?

You can see how this might become a multimillion dollar experiment cant you ?

I guess some kind of detailed survey might be useful afterall......

excactly and diki and others probably would spend 3k,4k for anything no matter how many keys it had.....SZ posters is a mere speck of sand in Yamaha's R&D for the future...
oh how I wish we could delete posts again like days of old ......this is a waste of bandwidth..I'm sorry I started this thread..

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-22-2010).]

Page 28 of 34 < 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 33 34 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online