SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 14 of 34 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 33 34 >
Topic Options
#295896 - 10/17/10 12:41 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
It's a simple thing,
Build a 61 and a 76...it'a a no brainer...PLENTY of people will buy them both.

If this was not true do you think they would make a Motif in 76? No.

If nothing else do it because your compitition does, do you think they would build a 76 if it was not profitable? No.

Lee S.

#295897 - 10/17/10 12:55 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
If nothing else do it because your compitition does, do you think they would build a 76 if it was not profitable? No.

Lee S.

Each company makes it's own policies, for it's own purposes.

Ian

#295898 - 10/17/10 01:03 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Come on Ian!!! You know exactly what I am saying..

Not really, Fran...what does this have to do with the topic?

Are you saying someone that uses a 76 note arranger is more professional?

More talented?

Makes more money?

Provides better music?

Would you say, that because you use a 76 note arranger, that you are a better player than someone using a 5 octave instrument?

Ian

#295899 - 10/17/10 01:04 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
First of all, the idea that Yamaha would stop 61 production if a 76 was made is idiotic. And, really, a simple red flag thrown to distract from the real point...

Secondly, the very idea that a 76 PSR would NOT be profitable is extremely surprising from any Yamaha fanboy... after all, EVERYTHING that Yamaha makes is by far the BEST thing on the market, isn't it? And as Yamaha would have NO R&D costs to make it, simply tooling up a 76 and a slightly larger case and then putting in the exact same electronics in the S910, it would be Yamaha's least expensive option of all...

Thirdly, once again, the idea of the weight of it is a falsehood, and a distraction. Roland made a 76 with speakers, and a build quality quite a bit higher than the PSR's, and it came in at only four pounds more than an S910...

The dominoes keep falling....

The ONLY reason Yamaha have to NOT make a product that quite a large percentage of SZ's members would buy, remains that they don't want what would be a VERY superior product to anything they currently make in a 76 scavenging sales from the other divisions somewhat lackluster products. There is no doubt in my mind that a 76 PSR would sell quite well (how could it NOT, being a Yamaha? ). But, in fairness, other than those of us with other 76's from other manufacturers (and we are by no means as small a percentage as you think) the majority of sales of this great product would come at the cost of Yamaha 76 arrangers from the division that gets short shrift from the arranger division, currently...

The demand IS there. Can Yamaha overcome their corporate structure to offer it, though? So far, it doesn't seem so. And that is COSTING Yamaha money, not making it for them...

#295900 - 10/17/10 01:15 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
OK--ENOUGH! take a deep breath and hold. Keep holding until Yamaha produces the ultimate keyboard that YOU WILL NEVER PURCHASE!
Gary

Screw this 76key fiascle, i want 77keys right now!(goes into corner, holds breath,face turning very bright red,mr9000 looks at yam in desparation, only to have now gaunt face shine with even more intensity of sea of offered redness)

#295901 - 10/17/10 01:18 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Ain't that America...?

I got mine... F*CK all y'alls...! STFU

Sweeet......!

#295902 - 10/17/10 01:23 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Pacesetter Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Ain't that America...?

I got mine... F*CK all y'alls...! STFU

Sweeet......!

Wow nasty over number of keys. Many more important things in life folks!!

#295903 - 10/17/10 01:56 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Pacesetter:
Wow nasty over number of keys.B]

OR..could it be 'nasty' over a company that likes to wear the earplugs when dealing with future/past/disgruntled customers?..blue lights and 80's doo poo voices, real public outcry there i reckon..

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 10-17-2010).]

#295904 - 10/17/10 02:00 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
The demand IS there. Can Yamaha overcome their corporate structure to offer it, though? So far, it doesn't seem so. And that is COSTING Yamaha money, not making it for them...

We can only wait and see Diki.

You should be focusing on why they should be making one...not why they aren't.

Certainly there is no real proof of demand for a 76 note Yamaha...the poll here was for ALL arrangers, not Yamaha instruments.

Spalding had a great suggestion...

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
'That's the only constructive thing I CAN do... I certainly can't make one And I HAVE contacted Yamaha directly.'

No it isnt !!

You believe that you can propose a commercial reason for yamaha to make a true 76 arranger ? Then give them the numbers of additional tyros/psr buyers who would do so without eating into their eisting offerings or even if they did could make greater profit than they do now .

Garner all the support you can. You can start a petition right here and then on the yamaha, roland korg and ketron forums. You will meet some opposition ,sure as many of those individuals would never buy a yamaha no matter the number of keys and sure, many existing yamaha owners already love their 61 key instrument as you have already seen here and dont have the need or desire to buy a 76 key instrument. But dont let that stop you ! This seems like sucj=h an important issue to you i dont understand why you havent taken these steps already.

Stop theorising and get some hard numbers to support your argument and then maybe yamaha will listen. But if they say NO then you will have at least given it a genuine go and not just wasted thousands of words and time here talking to the WRONG people.

If you cant get say 200-500 interested people to even register that they wouild buy the product then dont be surprised if the answer is no. But give it ago. This is an itch that it would seem must be scratched for you and who knows, maybe many others.

That's the best advice you'll ever get Diki, in my opinion.

Otherwise you're just going to get angry and frustrated because a huge successful company won't change it's corporate structure to what you think it should be.

Ian

#295905 - 10/17/10 02:15 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Dnj Offline

I'm in no way a "Piano player" wasn't trained that way in the early years, First Accordion...then Organ.......no need for 76 keys at all for me...my own customized styles I only use about 30 of them on stage is all I need to cover any situation & Right Hand comps to beef up the style parts & RH Lead solos are the icing on the cake, but are all secondary to back up my Lead vocals......that's it!.... if you need 76 keys buy a 76 key arranger there are a few out there besides Yamaha whats the big deal? or get a 76 controler KB, ....most here don't like the drums, key-feel, tight Cd sound or whatever anyway... so why worry about the amount of keys?....read this thread in it's entirety.....lurkers & most likely YamahaR7D, excecs, and everyone & their mother are ROTFLTAO looking at this, no wonder they wont post their feelings!!! ... in conclusion I couldn't care less if they NEVER made a 76 key arranger ever again, I've owned quite a few 76'ers in the past, I am very happy with what I have with the S910 for now for gigging... I'll be demoing a
Audya 5....61 keys in 3 days.....more to come....Road Trip baby!.

thank you

carry on

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-17-2010).]

Page 14 of 34 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 33 34 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online