I thank you a lot for your help!!!
It's amaziing: you remember me that, the day I buy my SD1, my thought was exactly the same: to use a serial/usb converter to work with SD1 computer interface! But, you know, I asked everybody about a good converter for Macintosh... I tryed with friends, with my SD1 dealer, various Apple dealers, I also called twice Ketron DIRECTLY, I spoken with one or two of their technicians and I given my email, my phone number hoping to be called back with a solution but...NOTHING!!! NOBODY seemed to know what to say!!! Incredible (you'll think), but truth! So, I thought that this couldn't be the right way and I bought this little Midiman MIDI interface...
So, first question
- CAN YOU TELL ME THE BRAND AND MODEL OF YOUR SERIAL/USB CONVERTER AND CABLE?
Some other questions:
1. Based on your word I think to be right supposing that, in effect, you DON'T work in "real time" but in a sort of "batch" way, recording and editing music parts on your computer. You record on SD1 with "SONG RECORD" and then copy the .MSF file in Performer, you do NOT record directly on sequencer!?! (This was my dream
2. When you say "You now use the keyboard and Performer to finalize the sequence", what do you mean with "keyboard" (G4's kbd or SD1)? ...And, if you mean SD1, are you tell me that you can add, for instance, a new track with a new instrument (i.e. pizzicato strings), playing it from SD1, directly in Performer's tracks and then, immediately after, hear the results? And if I'm wrong, WHERE I'm wrong?
3. If I want to put an audio track such voice, live instruments or special f/x (i.e. on Digital Performer) therefore I'll need to play (or sync?) my sequence from the G4... Can I do it? How? Or I'm wrong again?
4. Naturally, I use my Mac for audio editing, final cutting and CD burning procedures, too. So, I need to use an audio editing/recording application (i.e. Pro Tools or simply Coaster or Sound Studio) and record my final SD1 audio on Mac, via USB... Is it (easily) possible to pilot SD1 playing sequences from my Digital Performer with audio tracks actives and, at the same time, record the final result on my G4 (I'm crazy, uh) ? Or can this cause conflict problems?
...I think my problem is a question of habits: I really LOVE SD1 but I worked in the past in a so confortably way with Macintosh, Performer and Midi Time Piece (128 MIDI channels) piloting a dozen of keyboards at the same time without any kind of problem, that now I've the sensation to be back in the stone age
...But probably I'm wrong again!
Thank you again, Don!!!
[This message has been edited by Bicius (edited 03-23-2003).]