SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#29468 - 03/21/05 08:01 PM XD3 Question for AJ
anthonycarriero Offline

Loc: New Rochelle, New York, USA
AJ, I am a midi accordion player with both the MS40 and XD3. The MS40 allowed me to use MODES and LOWER ON to pick new voices for the BASS and CHORDS when playing manual basses with my left hand on the accordion.
How can I do the same with XD3?
anthonycarriero@optonline.net
Bell midi piano accordion
Ketron MS40 and XD3

#29469 - 03/22/05 10:57 PM Re: XD3 Question for AJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Anthony,

Can't you select all the sounds you want for each of the accordion areas (treble, bass and chords) via the accordion MIDI controller? I would think you would be able to program any combination of sounds you might want, store them in the accordion's MIDI controller memory, and select them from the control panel on the grill of your accordion. That way you never have to touch the XD3 for getting the sounds you want. You will have to use the XD3 for setting up other functions though.

Quote:
Originally posted by anthonycarriero:
AJ, I am a midi accordion player with both the MS40 and XD3. The MS40 allowed me to use MODES and LOWER ON to pick new voices for the BASS and CHORDS when playing manual basses with my left hand on the accordion.
How can I do the same with XD3?
Bell midi piano accordion
Ketron MS40 and XD3

------------------
Bill Ritter

#29470 - 03/23/05 05:58 AM Re: XD3 Question for AJ
anthonycarriero Offline

Thanks for your response Bill,
I have the Solton controller built into the treble side. No one has come up with a manual and thus far I have only been able to program it to change registration and right hand lead voices.
I can't figure out how to program the controller for those left hand bass and chord voices.
Any help fron you, AJ or any member would be greatly appreciated.
Bell midi piano accordion with Solton controller
Ketron MS40 and XD3

#29471 - 03/23/05 12:04 PM Re: XD3 Question for AJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Anthony,

I'm having a very difficult time figuring out what your setup is. When you refer to having the "Solton controller built into the treble side", just what do you mean? I'm not familiar with a Solton controller that you could build into an accordion. What I'm envisioning is that you have some sort of "non-standard" MIDI controller built into your accordion that came with no manual and there is no way to get support for it. If that's the case, then I'd opt for assuming you have a "brain-damaged" MIDI controller in your accordion and you should use it strictly for sending Note 0n/Note Off information to the XD3 (program desired sounds via the XD3). And if the "non-standard" MIDI controller in the accordion is for only the right hand (MIDI channel 1 I assume), then you're plain dead in the water. You need to have bass and chord information (Note On/Note Off) provided from the accordion to the XD3 via MIDI channels 3 and 2. Without that, the XD3 has nothing to work with and not only can't you select sounds for the Bass and Chords, you can't play them at all. If my assessment here is pretty far off the mark it's because I can't for the life of me figure out what kind of setup you have. BTW, I assume you have the manual for the XD3. Is that true? Ciao.

Quote:
Originally posted by anthonycarriero:
Thanks for your response Bill,
I have the Solton controller built into the treble side. No one has come up with a manual and thus far I have only been able to program it to change registration and right hand lead voices.
I can't figure out how to program the controller for those left hand bass and chord voices.
Any help fron you, AJ or any member would be greatly appreciated.
Bell midi piano accordion with Solton controller
Ketron MS40 and XD3

#29472 - 03/24/05 05:00 PM Re: XD3 Question for AJ
anthonycarriero Offline

Tex, thanks for your response. I just figured out how to use the midi accordion bass and chords to trigger specifically chosen instument voices on the XD3 while silencing the automatic arrangements.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online