SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#293690 - 09/21/10 02:43 PM Re: AUDYA 61 who is using one?...........Reviews....Opinions please?
Tonewheeldude Offline

obviously you couldn't be bothered to read the threads I mentioned or listen to the examples. But thats fine, I am sure you will one day own the perfect arranger. For now many of us are enjoying a level of sound quality far beyond anything else currently available - perfect or not.

After years of working with live musicians (drummers, guitarists etc) there simply is no other option, unless you know something the rest of us do not? A DNJ says, maybe we should all look closer at the G70 - I hadn't appreciated just how amazing it must be? next time one comes in to my fathers shop in part exchange for an Audya I'll have a much better look at it.

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 09-21-2010).]

#293691 - 09/21/10 02:48 PM Re: AUDYA 61 who is using one?...........Reviews....Opinions please?
Tonewheeldude Offline

sorry double post

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 09-21-2010).]

#293692 - 09/21/10 02:49 PM Re: AUDYA 61 who is using one?...........Reviews....Opinions please?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, as flawed as the G70's Guitar Mode is, it only plays six strings no matter WHAT chord you throw at it

Ketron don't need me, or you, or anybody to explain this stuff to them. They are only TOO well acquainted with the problem! But, sadly, at the moment, the technology isn't available to them to be able to do the job as well as I am sure they would LIKE to. Do you honestly think that they PREFERRED to make a complex system to add MIDI notes to an audio track rather than simply record the chord in the first place?

And no, I am NOT 'happy' with my G70 (the G70 forum is FULL of my complaints about it!)... But I am happier with it than any other arranger, at the moment. And, as often as most of us change arrangers, despite swearing to God just HOW 'happy' they are at playing the 'best' arranger there is, I am pretty sure most of us are just as aware that there are things that COULD be improved. I seem, however, to be one of the few willing to discuss it, rather than blithely accept everything shoved down our throats by the manufacturers (and their fanboys!) about how perfect each and every incremental model release is.

Perfect, my ass!

#293693 - 09/21/10 02:58 PM Re: AUDYA 61 who is using one?...........Reviews....Opinions please?
Tonewheeldude Offline

sometimes our own oppinions do have a habit of getting in the way of enjoyment...and this is a prime example.

The perfect instrument is a myth too. Plus - if Roland, Yamaha or Ketron were to build the perfect instrument they will be out of business within three years.

The Audya does have its quirks, yes. But in the real world it doesn't matter. Just ask any of the professionals that currently use them. Sadly not many are on SZ, they are too busy making a living and enjoying the great reaction form their audiences to be bothered to visit this place. But I will gladly copy and paste some of the comments here for you?

#293694 - 09/21/10 02:59 PM Re: AUDYA 61 who is using one?...........Reviews....Opinions please?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
TWD, I listened to all those demos when they first appeared. They didn't settle the matter once and for all for me, and that's all that counts, as far as I am concerned. Just because I don't AGREE with you, don't accuse me of not even LISTENING to them. That's sad, man...

You've got a great arranger. I've got a great arranger. We ALL got great arrangers! But NONE of them are perfect, or even close. As I said, when the technology matures to the point where the guitar chords are done correctly, things will get better. I am not sure why you want to take me on about the Audya. From the very beginning, from the first posted audio demos, I have always said how good the Audya sounds. Why are your knickers in such a twist?

My main objections to the Audya have revolved around things that are the very NATURE of audio loops... inability to edit and change them, difficulty in making new styles using them, the inability of current technology to use them to their full potential. But I have NEVER dissed the basic sound. I listen to EVERY demo, posted anywhere.

If I don't agree with you, you are going to have to come up with a better reason than that!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-21-2010).]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online