SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#289638 - 06/30/10 07:24 PM Re: Nikki Yanofsky
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
You can book that she won't be gone in a year or two. Maybe five. Let's check back in five years. She has too much clout behind her. She has wide-set eyes like a super model, she's thin, pretty, young, she can sing... she likes that genre... that genre is clamoring for a star... she might hit the big time.

I wonder if she would go out with an old fart?

#289639 - 06/30/10 07:59 PM Re: Nikki Yanofsky
Dnj Offline

probably some horny old fart is backing her up with money hoping she cliks ...I wouldnt want to be him.

#289640 - 07/01/10 03:33 AM Re: Nikki Yanofsky
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
probably some horny old fart is backing her up with money hoping she cliks ...I wouldnt want to be him.

You seem to get off badmouthing a girl you don't know, haven't even met. How'd you feel if someone did the same to your daughter? Nikki's somebody's daugher too, you know. All that spite just because others disagree with you. Boy, are you mean and weak! This is disgusting behavior!

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

[This message has been edited by Taike (edited 07-01-2010).]

#289641 - 07/01/10 04:13 AM Re: Nikki Yanofsky
Dnj Offline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8fR2jroUxE

Now here is an up an coming SUPERSTAR Singer ....Nuff Said!

#289642 - 07/01/10 05:54 AM Re: Nikki Yanofsky
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8fR2jroUxE

Now here is an up an coming SUPERSTAR Singer ....Nuff Said!

She is good...only problem for me...I didn't understand a word she sang...Just like a lot of "modern" music...

#289643 - 07/01/10 07:51 AM Re: Nikki Yanofsky
Fran Carango Offline

Let me explain my pet peeve about the "pop" music faults..to me..

The Houston's and the Carey's etc...It is all about the "skating" and "tones"..and unrealistic effects...What it lacks is the clarity and diction...so that a story can be told and understood...
The reason they put the words on pop music albums...is ...so the kids can learn the lyrics...then they can understand the garble..

I rather here a great instrumental..doing what the majority of these stars do..

I remember Whitney doing a song on TV without the studio tricks and tracks..she was horrible..
I am not saying they were not talented...I just believe the effort should be towards the quality of the diction and clarity..

Donny's last link..the girl is being taught in the same manor as the Super Stars of the 80's...
Nikki is being taught the way the real greats could deliver a song..with meaning and a vocal to be understood....

Listen to the "stars" of the 40's 50's and even the 60's....You know ..the songs that will be remembered..

You don't have to agree with me...but think about it!!!

#289644 - 07/01/10 08:34 AM Re: Nikki Yanofsky
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I sort of agree with Donny. This young girl has stage presence, but I'm not enamored with her voice. It's a personal preference. I'm not much of a fan of our local girl's (Laura Bell Bundy) voice, either...notice, I said VOICE...I'm old and tired, but not DEAD!

Today, to make it, you have to "bundle" a lot of attributes...voice...looks...promotion...etc.
to succeed. Like Fran, I couldn't understand the other little girl. She has great pipes, but, I'm not sure she really knows and feels what she is singing, and to me, "selling" the song's meaning is critical.

Look, I don't particularly like Michael Bubule (sp). But, that's a personal preference, and I'm not going to try to convince anyone else to believe the way I do.

I wish this young lady all the success in the world. I do believe she'll improve with a little maturity. Really like her choice of material.

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 07-01-2010).]

#289645 - 07/01/10 08:46 AM Re: Nikki Yanofsky
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Let me explain my pet peeve about the "pop" music faults..to me..

The Houston's and the Carey's etc...It is all about the "skating" and "tones"..and unrealistic effects...What it lacks is the clarity and diction...so that a story can be told and understood...
The reason they put the words on pop music albums...is ...so the kids can learn the lyrics...then they can understand the garble..

I rather here a great instrumental..doing what the majority of these stars do..

I remember Whitney doing a song on TV without the studio tricks and tracks..she was horrible..
I am not saying they were not talented...I just believe the effort should be towards the quality of the diction and clarity..

Donny's last link..the girl is being taught in the same manor as the Super Stars of the 80's...
Nikki is being taught the way the real greats could deliver a song..with meaning and a vocal to be understood....

Listen to the "stars" of the 40's 50's and even the 60's....You know ..the songs that will be remembered..

You don't have to agree with me...but think about it!!!

What your missing is ....it dont matter its all about how much money these kids can make for the label...period!
Now heres is what I mean a cash machine for the label!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVCgf6_M7i4&feature=related

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-01-2010).]

#289646 - 07/01/10 09:41 AM Re: Nikki Yanofsky
Fran Carango Offline

Exactly my point...You can understand Diana...Thanks for proving my point...

#289647 - 07/01/10 11:50 AM Re: Nikki Yanofsky
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Diana is awesome (damn you, Elvis Costello-I'm JEALOUS)!

A serious (and good looking) jazz proponent.

One of my favorites!

Russ

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online