SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#287297 - 05/10/10 06:03 AM How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Dnj Offline

Could someone, explain how, or make a demo video how the MS saves and shows on screen the way you would access your setups in a live situation. I'd like to see this process an dhow easy it is to navigate, search for song setups while playing. Same goes for searching for SMF & Mp3's...maybe James can make a demo if possible?....just pick a style, assign RH sounds, name it save it, see a list of songs and access them. Can the list mix it up to include Styles, Smf, Mp3 also,

BTW do these new models 61 version come with vocal harmonizers also? or is it an option?.....How is the Mic, vol, Efx, Controles, sliders? or? what is actually included in the price..?

#287298 - 05/10/10 08:18 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Hmmm...interested huh? Lol...as for VH i believe you can use any VH on it...bought or cracked...lol.

#287299 - 05/10/10 08:35 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Encoding a video right now.... should have it online very soon.

Regards
James

#287300 - 05/10/10 08:54 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:

Regards
James

Can't wayt for more evidence...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#287301 - 05/10/10 09:19 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
I wait too...
Under formatting and copy the 50Gb library Iwil take some time for watching your video.
( I have 13 Groove X7 to prepare for this week.. http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/formattingX7.JPG

#287302 - 05/10/10 09:21 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
LIONSTRACS Offline

ah..forget...
I'm uploading the new OS 4.2...
in about 3 hours is ready to download.
Enjoy

#287303 - 05/10/10 09:22 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Irishacts Offline

Done... Click HERE to see a streaming video.

This is straight off my iPhone so don't expect quality sound or anything. The purpose of the video is to only show you how the performance mode works and to show you around the system from a performance point of view.

I didn't record anything on the Mic / Harmony side of things because I don't have this option installed in my keyboard. I can see the screens, but I don't have the connections on the back to plug a mic into the keyboard.

Anyway... Enjoy..!!!

James

#287304 - 05/10/10 09:52 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Dnj Offline

Quote:

Regards
James

James you are the best!!!
These are the kind of things players might want to know. I have to run to a double gig now ....Ill watch the rest of this tonight upon my return and reply then ok? It all looks very interesting I know Ill have more questions for you.

Nedim I'm always interested in new gear For what I do on stages an all in one could make my life easier. We'll see.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-10-2010).]

#287305 - 05/10/10 10:05 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
LIONSTRACS Offline

Good James, really a nice help video demo.
For sure someone there will post comment about the audio quality.. we know the story..
Seem now that you get really a good confidence with the OS, do you have also used my last current OS 4.2 update?
cheers

#287306 - 05/10/10 10:09 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Done... Click HERE to see a streaming video.

This is straight off my iPhone so don't expect quality sound or anything. The purpose of the video is to only show you how the performance mode works and to show you around the system from a performance point of view.

I didn't record anything on the Mic / Harmony side of things because I don't have this option installed in my keyboard. I can see the screens, but I don't have the connections on the back to plug a mic into the keyboard.

Anyway... Enjoy..!!!

James

Now thats really shows how intuitive the Lionstracs interface is...

Well done James...

#287307 - 05/10/10 10:50 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
Good James, really a nice help video demo.
For sure someone there will post comment about the audio quality.. we know the story..

lol... I think our pet little Troll will never be happy no matter what anyone does. Rather than him trying to be constructive and asking questions like Dnj just did, he would rather throw his toys out of the pram and throw a fit.

Quote:
Seem now that you get really a good confidence with the OS,

Yeah, I'm flying around the system now and I feel very comfortable with it. Very happy...!!!!

Quote:
do you have also used my last current OS 4.2 update?

I installed the one you emailed us about, so that's what I'm running right now. If there have been any other update patches, I've not seen them.

It's really great.

Regards
James

#287308 - 05/10/10 11:02 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Irishacts Offline

Hi Guys.

If you have any specific questions that can be answered in the same way (aka iPhone video) just let me know.

That sort of thing only takes minutes to record unlike the ones where the audio is a direct line into a digital recorder.

Regards
James

#287309 - 05/10/10 01:28 PM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Hi Guys.

If you have any specific questions that can be answered in the same way (aka iPhone video) just let me know.

That sort of thing only takes minutes to record unlike the ones where the audio is a direct line into a digital recorder.

Regards
James

There are some things, but i do not even know if they are possible. Here is a first one :

I'd love to see the media station running ableton live and setting up the mediastation controll buttons for use with that program. (which would require you to have ableton live)

#287310 - 05/10/10 01:34 PM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
There are some things, but i do not even know if they are possible. Here is a first one :

I'd love to see the media station running ableton live and setting up the mediastation controll buttons for use with that program. (which would require you to have ableton live)

mmmmm..I think this is not possible.
maybe you can run the Ableton live as standalone ASIO host, but for sure is not possible remap the all MS panel on this application, are already hard coded for our application.
at the max you can run Albeton under one available ASIO host Patch and then remap the all 36 realtime CC midi controllers sliders.
More I think is not possible..maybe James can make some that I dont know..

#287311 - 05/10/10 03:26 PM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Irishacts Offline

Hi Guys.
I'm encoding another movie right now. This one's for YouTube as it's Direct Line Audio in HD.

I've got the Mediastation running Live Arranger in this video and I'm passing the note data of the Arranger only out the midi port to an SD2. So I've got Giga sounds on my right hand and an SD2 on my left all being driven from the Medaistation. You will get to hear me flipping through a large number of styles that have had no editing or enhancing done to them at all, yet they sound great.

I'll post the a link when it's online.

Regards
James

#287312 - 05/10/10 04:31 PM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Done...[This is straight off my iPhone so don't expect quality sound or anything. The purpose of the video is to only show you how the performance mode works and to show you around the system from a performance point of view.

Anyway... Enjoy..!!!

James

Great video and demonstation James. I too will be using the MS primarily in the way you will be.

It was good to watch as it reminded me of a few things I had forgotten, and I learned a couple more ..So thanks!

I have just bought a video camera and a tripod stand, so hopefully I will be able to augment your great vids with a couple.

I may delve more into the setting up of MIDI for external use, and the Q-Tractor/Ranger operations. As they apply to creating native MS styles (and from external source material) and creating MIDI and MP3 tracks.

Dennis

#287313 - 05/10/10 07:18 PM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Irishacts Offline

That's great Dennis.
Looking forward to seeing your work.

Cheers
James

#287314 - 05/10/10 07:20 PM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Irishacts Offline

Hi all.

Here's another video then. http://www.youtube.com/irishacts#p/a/u/0/l2buudc9DOo

YouTube is still processing the HD file so if you want to see it with better sound and video, check back later. For the moment though the standard quality is pretty alright.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 05-10-2010).]

#287315 - 05/10/10 10:01 PM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Hi all.

Here's another video then. http://www.youtube.com/irishacts#p/a/u/0/l2buudc9DOo

YouTube is still processing the HD file so if you want to see it with better sound and video, check back later. For the moment though the standard quality is pretty alright.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 05-10-2010).]

Standard Ketron SD2 quallity is great. Somehow Dom should find a way to build the SD2 intoo the mediastation housing as an option... I suppose this is the Diki mode, with a closed module build intoo the Open arranger

Tough i am still hoping for audio styles comminh from the live arranger.

And an indepth review of Q-ranger.

And offcourse a demo of a professional production software (like Live or Cubase) running on the mediastation and integrated with the sound system and the controlls of Mediastation.

NEvertheless i am very glad you found some time to produce these great video's for us James. I loved them both and they both showed some great things about mediastation.

#287316 - 05/10/10 10:15 PM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Bachus Offline

I think that Lionstracs and DOm have shown us where dedication and beleiving in yourself combined with the right know-how can bring you, lionstracs instruments have grown from a beta build intoo something beyound our wildest dreams.

I think These instruments finally got there where they belong. At the top of the pack, being the most versatile arranger-synth-workstation on our planet.

Dom, its time for a major marketting campaign if you have the means to raise production, and start selling these babies mainstream.

#287317 - 05/11/10 03:28 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Standard Ketron SD2 quallity is great. Somehow Dom should find a way to build the SD2 intoo the mediastation housing as an option... I suppose this is the Diki mode, with a closed module build intoo the Open arranger

Forget Diki...I dont care at all..
about this SD2 option can be interesting..
I can develope a special kit adapter that can be connected direct to the new MIC board, including a dedicated internal MIDI port ( I have all available on the mixer board )
I can then also edit the RAID support system that can store the SATA HD and the SD2 module board with the Kit adapter. http://www.lionstracs.com/store/raid-sata2-p-249.html

We will see...IF I get some orders request, I can develope in some weeks.

#287318 - 05/11/10 05:48 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Dnj Offline

James you have gone beyond the call of duyty. thanx so much for taking the time to make these wonderful demos...I assume all this can be done on all the MS models including the 61 version groove also?

Another question does every setup song have to be "LOADED" right before you play it?
And are all the programs shown for sound and arranger play included in these models or?

Can you next demo and show off the Vocal harmonizer and mic processor controls?

Thanks again.

#287319 - 05/11/10 05:55 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Irishacts Offline

That's actually one seriously good idea Domencio.

With an SD2 inside people would have the benefits of a closed arranger straight out of the box, but all the flexibility of an open arranger / workstation. I'm sure Ketron would also be very happy too seeing SD2's sold and used with their styles.

If the developer of Live Arranger throws a free licence my way I would even do the work for people by going through every style I had displayed in that folder and optimising any that need tweaking. Leaving end users with nothing at all to do other than select and play. It would help sell his software too. Might say it to him actually.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 05-11-2010).]

#287320 - 05/11/10 06:20 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
James you have gone beyond the call of duyty. thanx so much for taking the time to make these wonderful demos...I assume all this can be done on all the MS models including the 61 version groove also?

Your welcome, and YES and what you see me doing on the Mediastation all applies to the Groove X6 and all other Lionstracs keyboards.

Quote:
Another question does every setup song have to be "LOADED" right before you play it?

No... I'm not even going to use this feature because I can jump from Arranger mode to Media Player to Giga Program and COMBI modes with a single press of a button.

Selecting your style and the sound you want on this keyboard is insanely fast. At no point are you jumping in and out of computer programs. You don't even see them working away in the background unless you want to. You will always be operating the keyboard from Lionstracs custom interface.

In short, it's extremely flexible and you can work the way you want to work.

Quote:
And are all the programs shown for sound and arranger play included in these models or?

Not exactly sure what your asking me there.
Styles and sounds are never displayed at the same time. The Styles are displayed when you press the Styles button and the sounds are displayed when you press any number of buttons. It depends on what type of sounds you are using. Could be VSTi's, COMBi's or whatever.

Jumping between the display of sounds and styles is at the press of a single button.

Quote:
Can you next demo and show off the Vocal harmonizer and mic processor controls?

I don't have the Mic input boards installed so I can only show you the screen and the controls, and that's about it. I can't produce any sound with the Min input boards.

Regards
james

#287321 - 05/11/10 06:58 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Dnj Offline

James you have been more then helpful to me and many others here on the MS. These questions and others is what is needed, the demos say so much also, appreciate your time and efforts. I am seriously contemplating a loaded 61 key version MS to add to my studio for many reasons. I have a few more things to ask you when I get a chance to really ponder it and write them down.

BTW what is the main difference between the MS X76 and the Groove X6 besides the keys...feature wise?

#287322 - 05/11/10 07:14 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

BTW what is the main difference between the MS X76 and the Groove X6 besides the keys...feature wise?

The new Case and graphics, thats all.
OS 4.2 remain the same for the all models, Live arranger is only a plugin system, just extract the compresses ( live arranger) rar folder and put on Presets folder.
restart players and you have integrated the Live arranger module too.

#287323 - 05/11/10 07:23 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Dnj Offline

Thanx Dom.....can I email you privately I have some questions for you?

ciao

donny

#287324 - 05/11/10 09:05 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Thanx Dom.....can I email you privately I have some questions for you?

ciao

donny

yes, of course, YW.
open system/platform mean also that everyone can contact me...

#287325 - 05/11/10 09:25 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Dnj Offline

Dom..
what email do I use? I dont see it listed here?

#287326 - 05/11/10 09:51 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Thanks for the nice demoes James. Great work!
But when talk about SD2, why not SD4? Would'nt that one add some more to it
compared to D2?

Carry on the good work, very very interesting indeed.

Cheers
GJ

Btw, the big screen and all buttons lighting make this machine a kind of
fancy as well. Reminds me of younger days when all kinds of flashing
lights and buttons worked like a magnet to me, the more the better.
Looks like it still fancy me a lot....
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#287327 - 05/11/10 10:24 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
James you have been more then helpful to me and many others here on the MS.

No problem at all. There's so many possibilities with lionstracs keyboards that the more people ask questions the better everyone will understand the entire concept.

Quote:
I am seriously contemplating a loaded 61 key version MS to add to my studio for many reasons.

Well keep doing your homework and asking lots of questions until you make up your mind either way. For me it's after making quite a big change to how I work. My V-Machine is gone, my AKAI-S5000 hasn't been switched on at all since getting the Mediastation, and I'm not even using my PC as much.

I get far more work done and I'm only working from two keyboards now for everything. The Mediastation and my OASYS.

Quote:
I have a few more things to ask you when I get a chance to really ponder it and write them down.

No problem. Fire away.

Cheers
James

#287328 - 05/11/10 10:25 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Dom..
what email do I use? I dont see it listed here?

you can use the contact us from my webstore.
For about the price, better that you contact Frank, Audioworks, have already ordered one Groove X-7 Wild RED...

#287329 - 05/11/10 11:02 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
But when talk about SD2, why not SD4? Would'nt that one add some more to it
compared to D2?

You can use the SD4 if you want, but the SD2 is tiny and I mean seriously tiny. I bet I could even fit it in my pocket it's that small. The level of intergeneration it has with Live Arranger is 100% compatibility. It was actually specifically designed for use with the SD2 so.... it's a really great choice.

You would have to compare the SD4 voice list to the SD2 to see if you could still retain 100% compatibility, but untimely you will not have access to the additional sounds the SD4 has because they are not displayed in Live Arranger.

So bottom line is I'd bet the SD4 sounds exactly the same as the SD2 and through Live Arranger you would have no benefit from buying the SD4. So if it was a choice between the two, then the SD2 would be my recommendation. If you had an SD4 already, then there would be no point in buying an SD2 as it would act exactly like an SD2 when connected.

Well that's the theory. For verification you would have to check the voice list but I'd bet there would be no issues at all.

Quote:
Btw, the big screen and all buttons lighting make this machine a kind of
fancy as well. Reminds me of younger days when all kinds of flashing
lights and buttons worked like a magnet to me, the more the better.
Looks like it still fancy me a lot..

Yeah, there's been a few reactions to all the lights from friends I've shown the keyboard to it. It's usually wow... what the hell is that, it looks complicated. Which I'm happy to pretend that it is complicated and tell them that they have never seen anything like it before

It does look seriously cool. I must take some photo's of it actually and upload them. I've got a top end DSLR, full frame and 25Mega Pixels.

Regards
James

#287330 - 05/11/10 11:27 AM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
thanks James. That demo was really good in that the SD2 works brilliantly with the MS. The styles are all pretty much well balanced and ready to go.

I had forgotten how good the older ketron products used to sound and you seemed to be able to navigate around the two instruments quite well. Are there functions like tempo lock that you can use so when you switch styles it does sound so instant ?

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 05-11-2010).]

#287331 - 05/11/10 01:03 PM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
you can use the contact us from my webstore.
For about the price, better that you contact Frank, Audioworks, have already ordered one Groove X-7 Wild RED...

ok Dom....roger that!

#287332 - 05/11/10 01:18 PM Re: How does the MS Save Registrations, Setups, etc,etc...
Irishacts Offline

Hi spalding.

Quote:
Are there functions like tempo lock that you can use so when you switch styles it does sound so instant ?

Nope, it doesn't have that function. It would be something I guess one would have to request from the developer of Live Arranger if they wanted it implanted.

I think that and two other items would be great. The ability to transpose a track in a style up or down an octave, and the ability to go from one style to the next without the arranger having to stop while it sends the program changes data.

Add the 3 of them and I think the developer would have everything well covered.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 05-11-2010).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online