Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 >
Topic Options
#286718 - 05/03/10 03:21 PM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
I'll take you up on that offer.
My to-do list right now is finish LSPC Gen, build a GM bank for myself out of my premium content, and then I will be looking at releasing sounds for the MS/Groove.

With LSPC Gen it should be possible to merge libraries together by drag and drop too. So there's nothing stopping anyone from having the GM Bank in memory as normal and having something like OASYS ASSAULT loaded into the Synth Bank all at the same time.

Regards
James.

But lets keep the prices reasonable hey?

#286719 - 05/03/10 05:37 PM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
But lets keep the prices reasonable hey?

Always do ...!!!!
I know OASYS ASSAULT is expensive but the OASYS was a very limited keyboard and due to my own forum policies at KORG Forums of not allowing any advertisements as such. I never really expected to make much from the library.

Bringing the library to the Mediastation opens up a new market and I can offer the library at a much reduced price as it supports an open format that any DAW user can also make use of.

Not that I ever do any of this for money anyway. There's near next to no profit in sound design. lol.... with that said....LSPC Gen will be released for free to Groove and Mediastation users

Man I so need to get a life.

Cheers
James

#286720 - 05/03/10 05:44 PM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
James...now that you are engaged with the MS...I think I may look at buying one.

I have the skills to do a lot with it too...and when I get this damm house built I will have a lot more time.

OR...maye I'll build one myself? If I did it would be 2 manual, pedalboard etc. a very hip modern organ using readily available MIDI components and of couse great VSTi content. Prbably use Live-Styler along with other things.

Lee S.

#286721 - 05/03/10 05:53 PM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
miden Offline

Hey Lee it will be good to have you on-board with the MS/Groove....

Get to it man!!!!

Dennis

#286722 - 05/03/10 05:58 PM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Always do ...!!!!
I know OASYS ASSAULT is expensive but the OASYS was a very limited keyboard and due to my own forum policies at KORG Forums of not allowing any advertisements as such. I never really expected to make much from the library.

Bringing the library to the Mediastation opens up a new market and I can offer the library at a much reduced price as it supports an open format that any DAW user can also make use of.

Not that I ever do any of this for money anyway. There's near next to no profit in sound design. lol.... with that said....LSPC Gen will be released for free to Groove and Mediastation users

Man I so need to get a life.

Cheers
James

This is your life, don't be sorry for it

I think it would be wonderful to do the things you can. I just never had the aptitude.

Now anything hardware related with PCs, or keyboards no problem. I even converted an 88 note M-audio Keystation Pro to a 73 note version, 6 octaves C-C (same as the Korgs).

But the programming of either software or sounds, nope..I leave that to the talented folk like yourself

My sound tweaking began and ended with the Roland JX3P , that was complicated enough LOL.

As for your software, it is REALLY generous of you to offer it to MS/Groove users free, but I think you deserve reward for effort, and I for one would be happy to pay for a licence (even if I DO help with beta testing)

Dennis

#286723 - 05/03/10 06:21 PM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, Dennis, but the reason I am so skeptical about the open arranger is BECAUSE of my familiarity with VSTi's and loop production, not through ignorance, which I honestly believe is at the root of so much fanboy gushing here...

Yes, it OUGHT to be easy to make great music on an open keyboard, but the fact is, it is not. No more than it is easy to make great music with a computer based VSTi rig. There are issues about sound balance, response, EQ, and the like which don't plague closed keyboard users, because the factory has already done all that work for you. You take a Best Service bass guitar, marry it with a BFD drumkit, add in an Ilio piano, and a Garritan string section, and best of luck getting it all to sound cohesive. They don't record the samples in similar environments, using similar mikes and miking techniques, and just like mixing a pop piece recorded in several different studios, it's often a nightmare to get them all to gel.

And, unlike an SMF, a one-off production that you can balance elements together just for that one piece, an arranger presents different challenges, where ALL the parts need to fit together ALL THE TIME... because you never know in advance what you are going to need until you need it... No time on the gig to do that last minute EQ tweak to the floor tom so it doesn't swamp the upright bass, for instance (while it doesn't swamp the picked bass).

No, I'm not afraid of new technology, just realistic about how long it would take to hammer it into anything approaching a closed arranger's all round general usefulness. Going by the YEARS that some have had theirs and still not been proud enough of anything to post, I think I am pretty much on the mark.

Once again, I point out an arranger is NOT a WS. It isn't a Loopstation/Groove product. It is an ARRANGER. I have no problem with the MS being used as the former. It is what it is best at, after all (and what the designer, bless him, has finally decided it actually IS!). But when the same people that have been unable to produce any music not outright embarrassing in style mode continue to trumpet its' superiority as an arranger (and this isn't the forum to tout it as a WS/Groovebox), I am afraid I HAVE to say 'The Emperor STILL has no clothes'

#286724 - 05/03/10 06:32 PM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
miden Offline

Diki I am sure James has been using VST's as long as you have, together with a far greater depth and knowledge of soundscape design, and I am pretty damn sure I have been using VST's/Dxi's as long as you have as well.

And a couple of other MS users I could mention are way WAY above your league when it comes to it as well.

I think that as we have both the experience with VST's AND we actually OWN a Media Station/Groove keyboard, that we are better placed to make these comments than you.

You are making guesses from the sideline, trying to prove you know more than the coach.

And will you PLEASE stop using those puerile derogatory adjectives like fanboy, and gushing et al..

Dennis

#286725 - 05/03/10 06:49 PM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 05-03-2010).]

#286726 - 05/03/10 06:51 PM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Ahahahaha this guy is getting ridiculous with all due respect to him. He IGNORES the fact that
me and hundreds of players around the world use Laptop and Controller with an ArranerSoft
for a wholle Gig and yes, all setup for the UNEXPECTED things...never had any problems.
What a waste of words...lolllllllllzzzzzzzzzz....And i personally use Kontakt and PA Arranger,
every sound coming out of Kontakt, everything on the fly and yes, Intros, Endings, Fillins,
Program changes and all...in miliseconds...and i've been doing this since 1999 and 2000
with PA80 and the begining of Reaktor, when there was no Kontakt and Giga and Goliath.
I dont know if its worth replying to ignorance...he tries to beat the fact that is already out and
functioning for ages...all he keeps saying is show some music. I've shown, more then YOU
and more then ANYONE on this forum...if you type my name has over Million hits on the net,
every single corner is full of MP3s and videos of me, on every one possible site that deals
with music and videos on the net...me being good or bad musician it doesnt matter, you are
just ignorant...if i dont have music recorded who the hell else on the world has?
I am on:
YouTube
MP3.com
MySpace
FaceBook
BasariStudios.com
SZ Forums
KorgForums
MidiEastForums
5-6 BalkanForums
Every possible European, Turkish and Middle Eastern bears my name and a link to my
website, every single page i mentioned above contains AT LEAST 150 MP3s of me...
what do you really want and need? Life? ...lollllllzzzzzzzzzzz..........
I already know your response to this...should i write it for you? No, I'll wait for you...
Yes, You Diki!

#286727 - 05/03/10 06:53 PM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
miden Offline

My apologies Nedim, I should have remembered to include you as one of the other people with far greater programming knowledge and experience.

Diki does seem to think (judging by the rhetoric in his posts) that he is the oracle on SZ for all to do with programming, setting up data, VST operations, studio recording, style recording, and probably a lot of other things I left out.....

Dennis

Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online