SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 >
Topic Options
#286708 - 05/02/10 04:52 AM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Thing is, of the 95% of arranger not used for gigging, probably 95% of THOSE are used by people with insufficient technical skill to DO all the extensive tweaking, translating, setting up VSTi libraries, etc., etc. an open arranger NEEDS. Heck, a fairly high % get used by people who can barely PLAY, let alone know a damn thing about programming.

Sorry, but I just don't buy it... Just because you have the TIME doesn't say a damn thing about whether you have the skill. For one reason or another, the VAST majority of arranger players don't have what it takes to use an open arranger. Thing is, as always, if one of the manufacterers took the time, got off his fat arse, whatever, and set the damn thing up so that at least OOTB it bettered the closed arranger, it would sell like hotcakes. But rather than provide TOTL sounds and styles, they are sold as 'kitcars' and you build it yourself. As I have been saying forever, 99.999% of people just want to BUY a car to drive around. They DON'T want to have to build it first.

Just face the facts, guys. You are a TINY, tiny minority of arranger players, somehow thinking that your way of doing things is commoner than it is...

You've acknowledged that gigging arranger users are in the minority. Now take the next step...

Try and answer this question from the perspective of our youth..

They don't do anything else as abusing their computer stuff in anyway possible. Did you ever wonder why the youth turns to VSt's and ableton live ?

Because that is exactly what they want, they wanna play and finetune this stuff..

Now you old men obviously should stick to the closed arrangers while Lionstracs creates an open arranger that is attractive to the youth..

Open arrangers are the only way to save the arranger market from impending doom. Because its what our youth wants...

Sadly Diki, you answer everything from your own narrow minded perspective of this world, and from your opinion i get the feeling that you think that everyone thinks just like you... You better wake up from that vision and show some interest in our youth..

Weren't you the one complaining that all arranger players are at the age of visiting a resthome for the elder any time soon? Sadly your vision about these instruments shows your age...

Innovation is what is needed, and only Mediastation is innovative enough to save the arranger market.. but i bet that soon Korg will follow this path too... And then they are a step ahead of Yamaha.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#286709 - 05/02/10 06:03 AM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
Dnj Offline

The music & songs of today's youth is mostly NOT created with Arranger KB's.....so why does anyone think today's youth needs to even learn how to play a KB.....when it's mostly computer driven, drag a few loops, VST's, sounds tracks, beats, etc, etc, ....no need for an arranger KB that someone needs to bear down and learn how to play an instrument.Yes arrangers as we know them will change obviously incorporating newer technology but that's just because of the every changing technology.....doesn't mean everyone has to embrace it or is it good for your needs versus the older units......I hope they hurry and bring out the new so that the old will come down in price and is just as good for players to use & own also.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-02-2010).]

#286710 - 05/02/10 12:14 PM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
So after the last 3 posts...Diki, you really think Dom should care what 5% of Old people
want today or what 95 of millions of people
would want in the years to come?
That is the reality.

#286711 - 05/02/10 12:19 PM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
So after the last 3 posts...Diki, you really think Dom should care what 5% of Old people
want today or what 95 of millions of people
would want in the years to come?
That is the reality.

#286712 - 05/02/10 12:51 PM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
Nedim Offline

Well i might be wrong but i still think i am correct, even what i do is something that i look
for in the future, i am not looking just for 5-6 pottential buyers today only.

#286713 - 05/03/10 01:48 AM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
A nice idea will be with the new LSPC James tool or by Qsampler tool.
Creating different simple and complex GM/GS/GX GIGA soundbank, with the all files located in ONE directory only and add the LSCP file loaded.

Under thus way we can create a lot of nice and different giga soundank and the user can choose to startup with the one that like better.

IF soomeone there will make it, I wil help to to sell too, now I have a lot of user that request me this new sounds too.
let me know..

#286714 - 05/03/10 12:54 PM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Bottom line is that 95% of those kids are also too technically challenged to use an MS, and already are doing EXACTLY what they want to with their laptops and home computers. As we watch the gigging scene basically disappear (I'm talking about PAID gigs, which is how you can afford a TOTL keyboard!), what's the POINT of a gigging VSTi setup?

Maybe in your area it's different, but here, no kids are replacing the older players and playing modern loop based music in commercial venues. Only DJ's are doing that. And they are laptop jockeys to a man.

When the price of open keyboards drops down to comparable with a closed one, whether arranger or WS, WITH ALL THE CONTENT, perhaps you'll see an upswing. But when you factor in the cost of the TOTL VSTi's you are going to need to make it sound TOTL, it all starts to get outside the budget of the kids (who are hit harder by the recession than their older brethren).

My mind isn't closed by any means. My eyes are wide open to all the potential pitfalls, hidden costs, and prodigious skill needed to make a barebones keyboard the equal of a MoXS, Oasys, or even a PA2Xpro. To be honest, the only ones with closed minds round here are those who have convinced themselves that newer MUST be better, despite the fact that none of them yet has managed to make quality music on it that they aren't ashamed to post...

To 'close' your mind off to point after point of reasoned objection, and to resort to taunt and slander rather than example, all the time without the slightest SHRED of evidence that you actually DO know how this stuff all works in practice is the height of hypocrisy. The closed mind of the open arranger user...

While you continue to write and write, rather than play and play, that's all the proof I need that my opinion is the correct one.

#286715 - 05/03/10 01:00 PM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
Nedim Offline

Quote:
despite the fact that none of them yet has managed to make quality music on it that they aren't ashamed to post

But you also have to define what MAKING MUSIC also means...would it be something played
live as an arranger? Or someone that played home? Or if i sit on my setup and create a song
then mix it and master it and everything...if the latest is the definition of MAKING MUSIC do you
really think any Arranger or WS would come close at all to something that me or you would
produce in a studio? I personally dont think so.

#286716 - 05/03/10 02:54 PM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
IF soomeone there will make it, I wil help to to sell too, now I have a lot of user that request me this new sounds too.
let me know..

I'll take you up on that offer.
My to-do list right now is finish LSPC Gen, build a GM bank for myself out of my premium content, and then I will be looking at releasing sounds for the MS/Groove.

With LSPC Gen it should be possible to merge libraries together by drag and drop too. So there's nothing stopping anyone from having the GM Bank in memory as normal and having something like OASYS ASSAULT loaded into the Synth Bank all at the same time.

Regards
James.

#286717 - 05/03/10 03:19 PM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Bottom line is that 95% of those kids are also too technically challenged to use an MS, .

Just as you seem to be as well

Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online