SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13 >
Topic Options
#286678 - 04/30/10 01:00 AM KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Here we go, just follow this link, it is explained in there: http://www.basaristudios.com/comparisons.html

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 04-30-2010).]

#286679 - 04/30/10 05:16 AM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Sounds very real. Very live like.
Nice one....!!!!

Regards
James.

#286680 - 04/30/10 05:19 AM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
On this MP3 http://www.speedyshare.com/files/22198578/Goliath_on_MS.mp3
you can hear and have some clue how a Korg PA2X Style would work on a MediaStation synth.
I dont have an MS YET, what i did is exactly what i would do on an MS, reroute the style to my
own Bank which in this case i used Goliath and i run Korg's style thru it directly from the synth.
When i play live with Arranger i usually play like this, use Korg's styles but my sound Engine is
a laptop with VSTis. The procedure is simple and short, i know exactly what i am talking about
and i that on the MS would be done exactly how i did it here so basically this example MP3 can
be treated as being done on the MS, knowing that i can run My Library in there, knowing that
i can convert the Style and knowing that i can reroute it to My Library and save it as that. It took
me no more then 5 minutes for this particular style to reroute and use GM Sounds but not 15MB
all together GM Sounds, it uses Goliath as a whole source, i didnt add no FX or mastering stuff.
Its simply how i play live even though most in here are affraid to connect synth to a computer and
go gigging, i do that for years and never had a problem. You have your Bank Loaded, your Styles
loaded and GO! This is not specificallyto substitute or demonstrate an MS but it can cuz it is done
EXCATLY as i did it on here, same on the MS. This mostly probably demonstrates how you can
use the Arranger with VSTis...and one thing, it sounds like THIS ONLY cuz i wanted to sounds
like that, maybe DIKI wants another Acoustic Guitar or LEE want Audya drums but this was what
i exactly want it and i know for a fact that it is WAY better then it is on Korg itself...for me.

Thanks

maybe some here wil see, what better sounds can do.

#286681 - 04/30/10 05:30 AM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Yes, it does sound better than the Korg itself, and what we've heard from the Mediastion so far.

Not bad at all.

Thanks for sharing, Nedim.

Ian

#286682 - 04/30/10 07:28 AM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Yes, it does sound better than the Korg itself, and what we've heard from the Mediastion so far.

Not bad at all.Thanks for sharing, Nedim.Ian

I'd say it sound fine, but is it really worth all the work to edit, reassign, purchase programs, etc, etc, top get something "maybe" (very subjective) a slightly better to some ears sound verses the original....what am I missing?

#286683 - 04/30/10 09:19 AM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Sound Ok but I miss the typical Korg sound the reason I bought a Korg.

#286684 - 04/30/10 09:27 AM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
BlkNotes Offline

Hello;

Good job Nedim. Please continue with your experiment. I am anxious to see what the converted Tyros 2 mega styles sound like.

DNJ--I suppose the purpose was to show that it can be done. Also it would allow all the Styles from Yamaha, roland, audya, korg to be played on one keyboard if so desired. Since styles are important to arranger players I beleive that this is a large benefit.

Cheers;
BN

#286685 - 04/30/10 10:47 AM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Any chance of recording the original Korg style and doing a side by side comparison? I mean, that's what this is all about, isn't it? Is one better than the other?

Me, I was concerned about the fact that each time you hit a fill, there was a lurch or glitch in the sound. Is that usual?

#286686 - 04/30/10 11:43 AM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If users of the various keyboards could post a style recording, specifying the style used, the variations, intro's used, (Including what order) and the style chord sequence used, (Include details on the chord recognition system being used) then record it on their instrument and convert it to a 256 'MP3, (With no tweaking of the original recording or MP3) then post a link to it on the SZ site, then as Diki says, a true comparison can be made. (Remember it is just the style we are interested in, with no right hand or anything added)

Bill

BTW: I did mention this in another thread, (now closed) but it appears to have got lost within all the posts.

#286687 - 04/30/10 11:57 AM Re: KORG PA2X Style on MS, Sound Comparison
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Diki, i will record the original tonight or tomorow morning.
You are right, dumb me, i should've recorded an mp3 from original style.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online