SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 26 27 >
Topic Options
#285589 - 04/16/10 07:45 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I don't care if someone does something DIFFERENTLY to how I do it, but what matters is whether they do it MUSICALLY. If you have to take both hands off a keyboard to achieve something I can do with a foot pedal or with a quick switch with one hand, that's just plain WORSE.

As well as different!

#285590 - 04/16/10 08:43 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Dnj Offline

It's all in the technique pedals or not....there are NO rules...
The final Sound product is what matters EVERY time!

#285591 - 04/17/10 12:10 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
The Lionstracs has the capability to use real time sliders, knobs, or foot pedals to alter and select sounds so why is it even of concern that Tastenpoint chose to use sliders to adjust sounds and volumes? If you don't care to use sliders simply use a foot pedal!

#285592 - 04/17/10 01:04 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
i was only pointing to what looked like the awkwardness of using the sliders to change sounds . I mean look at demo 6 at 2.32 where he changes from a sax sound to strings but doesnt grab the slider properly and the sax still comes through and he has to grab it again to eliminate it. As this was a demonstration of how to use the arranger function i just thought not only did it look messy using the sliders to change the sounds in the right hand it also sounded messy.But i am not going to get hung up on it.Thanks for the info about using the switches as an alternative to switch sounds. If that was his choice to use the sliders it was a poor choice for demonstration purposes but nevermind.

Ensnare you i know you have a mediastation. Can i ask how you change sounds on yours and how much time is spent setting up the sounds so that you can change them on the fly whichever method you use or when you are playing styles does the Mediastation set them up in some kind of default mode like all the other closed arrangers do that you can later alter to your own tastes if you dont like the factory suggested set ups ?

#285593 - 04/17/10 04:20 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
i was only pointing to what looked like the awkwardness of using the sliders to change sounds . I mean look at demo 6 at 2.32 where he changes from a sax sound to strings but doesnt grab the slider properly and the sax still comes through and he has to grab it again to eliminate it. As this was a demonstration of how to use the arranger function i just thought not only did it look messy using the sliders to change the sounds in the right hand it also sounded messy.But i am not going to get hung up on it.Thanks for the info about using the switches as an alternative to switch sounds. If that was his choice to use the sliders it was a poor choice for demonstration purposes but nevermind.

Ensnare you i know you have a mediastation. Can i ask how you change sounds on yours and how much time is spent setting up the sounds so that you can change them on the fly whichever method you use or when you are playing styles does the Mediastation set them up in some kind of default mode like all the other closed arrangers do that you can later alter to your own tastes if you dont like the factory suggested set ups ?

He was not demonstrating the arranger function in video 6. He was just using an MP3 and playing allong wiht it..

As he did in most video's.. i beleive he uses the arranger only once in those 8 video's (video 2)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#285594 - 04/17/10 04:38 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
spalding1968 Offline

sorry you are right bachus. he still wasnt able to use the sliders fluently to change sounds. I just listened to Demo 8. Are you sure they are trying to sell this machine ?

Come back Dom all is forgiven.......

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 04-17-2010).]

#285595 - 04/17/10 12:09 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
How petty can you guys be? So a guy playing the Lionstracs keyboard wasn't using the sliders to your liking. That doesn't mean using sliders isn't viable. Then again maybe he was just trying to show the general public what the board sounds like, what type of features it had, and what could be done with it and he didn't give a damn whether or not his volumes were consistent.

#285596 - 04/17/10 12:18 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
spalding1968 Offline

i didnt mean to cause offence Ensnare you. there are very few demos in good english that explain how the mediastation can work or how it can be configured. Earlier in this thread there was a comment about how easy the mediastaion could be used . It didnt look easy using the sliders that way. Later someone explained that there were buttons that could be used to do the same thing and that it was all about personal choice. I didnt think i was being petty simply asking the question i did. If it came accross that way let me nip it in the bud immediately and apologise. i dont have access to a mediastation and the only information i have is through the liontracs demos and people like yourselves who own one and the thread that James has started which has been quite informative.

#285597 - 04/17/10 12:44 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Diki Offline

I don't care if he were using a magic wand! Or a certain unnamed part of his anatomy...

What I care about is, does it SOUND amazing..?

Sorry, but the jury is still out from listening to most of these turkeys...

#285598 - 04/17/10 12:55 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Diki Offline

Watching someone struggle with volumes and sound selection while trying to play at the same time is usually a good indicator of whether something is easy to set up in advance or not. Generally, you'll see those people with easy to use OS's doing the least adjustments while they play, whereas someone constantly fiddling live (and getting in the way of the playing) seems to indicate that whatever settings need to be made that ease this burden were more bother than they were worth...

It's not just whether you can DO something - it's whether doing it is a PITA or not.

And, I'm sorry, but I tend to divide playing an arranger into two different things. One is working the controls, and the other is actually PLAYING music. The more you have to do the former, the less you can do the latter. Basically, if you have TIME to mess around with the sliders, buttons, what have you, you simply aren't PLAYING very much...

Page 2 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online