SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27 >
Topic Options
#285609 - 04/20/10 06:15 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Gilbert.

Quote:
Thanks for the link,which I have been following with interest since your first posting,although as can be seen I have yet to make any comments.
I have been waiting to see, what I describe in my initial post as.a Yamaha type demonstration,where different arranger function are seen, used on the fly running seamlessly between the changing of voices,styles,and performances over a period of time as one would expect to see in a live performance situation

If I may say so, please don't just sit on the sidelines waiting for something to happen. If you want to see something specifically just ask because I don't bite

In this specific case what you want to see will never happen because Live Styler does not go from one style to the next without stopping. This has nothing to do with the keyboard, it's the Live Styler program that functions in this way.

Going from sounds to sound, or VSTi HOST to HOST is no problem. That is pretty much instantaneous.

Quote:
It seems to me thar an awful lot of programming is going to be required on the Lionstracs products before this can be achieved

Not at all, if you look at the last video I recorded between all the talking and demonstration parts, I still took a style that was not suitable for use and in under 10 minutes I had reassigned all the parts, settings and volumes.

If I hadn't have been recoding a demo I could have done it in half the time. So really it's not going to take you long at all to assemble a “best of” collection of styles and have them running on the keyboard.

I hope you can also see from the video how very simple it was to do what I did also. Everyone should be able to do this with no learning curve at all.

Quote:
I believe most arranger players would prefer to just press a button or foot pedal and the get the exact sound rhythm and performance data loaded with minimum programming.

That maybe the case but you would never think it from reading the forums and all the OS requests and features people are after. Even if it was the case, this still poses a very interesting opportunity for people too. If your ever going to buy a second keyboard then this is by far the ultimate choice. Instantly you would benefit from the right hand sounds and VST HOST, and because you have an arranger to fall back on, you could take your time exploring the arranger in the Mediastation.

Most people here do have more than one keyboard too.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 04-20-2010).]

#285610 - 04/20/10 06:38 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by gilbert:
Lionstracs is DIFFERENT than its competition by virtue of the fact that it is open and runs VST.which in its self identifies that to get what you want, you must spend considerable time setting up every Part parameter then storing ready for recall at the push of a button, this work must be repeated for each performance stored.
Do traditional arranger players want this? I think Not.
On my conventional arranger i have excellent realistict sounds, Unlimited full programme set ups I can recall at the press of one button and adequate real time controls to enhance these programmes and a easy to use OS, Why would I want be Tweaking rather than Playing.Yes it is only a matter of Choice.

You have every right to be amazed at my conclusions for the same reason i am somewhat surprised at your very defensive post particularly as i have only just stated my opinion,you may not agree with me,but please don't attack because my views differ from yours.
Gilbert.

From your comments I can only conclude you have never actually used or played a Mediastation. Otherwise you'd know that it comes shipped just like any other arranger with sounds, styles, and programs ready to recall at the touch of a button. From your post it also seems you don't deviate from the factory settings and only use what is supplied by the manufacturer which is a shame. I can't remember the last time I purchased a keyboard, synthesizer, or arranger where I ever used only factory settings. Given your statement arrangers wouldn't need any form of editing for sounds, styles, or programs since it seems you want it to do everything exactly as you like right out of the box.

I'm curious which arranger you own that has all the sounds, styles, and programs you need and requires you to never tweak a single thing. That manufacturer must have been a Soothsayer knowing just how to build that keyboard specifically for you.

#285611 - 04/20/10 06:46 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
So James...

Will Livestyler be replaced by a more workable/flexible program that will allow for changes from one style to another without stopping the instrument?

Will Livestyle play On Bass chords like C/G, Fmaj7th/E, Dm/G etc?

Ian

#285612 - 04/20/10 06:53 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
So James...

Will Livestyler be replaced by a more workable/flexible program that will allow for changes from one style to another without stopping the instrument?

Ian

Download the FREE DEMO version, is the totally same version that you can install on MS and Groove: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/livearranger-demo-p-248.html
Run it and then you know the all features that are included.
IF you have a SD2 module, the all ketron styles are sounds mapped correct and sounds very good.

Now James can have the possibility to resampling all ( http://www.extranslator.com/ ) and make a new Giga SD2 soundbank compatible..

#285613 - 04/20/10 06:57 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
Download the FREE DEMO version, is the totally same version that you can install on MS and Groove:

No, I'm not downloading anything...now let's try this again, and hopefully my two simple questions will be answered.

So James...

Ian

#285614 - 04/20/10 07:36 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
No, I'm not downloading anything...now let's try this again, and hopefully my two simple questions will be answered.

So James...

Ian

can ketron or yamaha arrangers play on Bass chords?

becouse if ketron or yamaha can not play on bass chord, then live arranger also can not play on bass chords.

i do not know about live arranger, but i think you can record bass chords on qranger.

for stop style:

on qranger you have 8 intro-8 fill-8 variation-8 end

so, you can save 2 styles in one session.

style1= 4 intro-4 fill-4 variation-4 end
style2= 4 intro-4 fill-4 variation-4 end

so, you can load 1 style but you have 2 styles for use in realtime.

easy or not?!

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 04-20-2010).]

#285615 - 04/20/10 08:26 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
can ketron or yamaha arrangers play on Bass chords?

Yes, Yamaha arrangers can play On Bass or Bass Inversion, or slash chords...whatever you want to call them.

Will Livestyle play On Bass, Bass Inversion or slash chords like C/G, Fmaj7th/E, Dm/G etc?

Ian

PS...a simple yes or no answer for each question would suffice.

#285616 - 04/20/10 09:44 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Ian.

Quote:
So James...

I think looking to replace it would be a bit extreme when it works so well.

You can select the next style and use Note On to trigger the next style almost instantaneous. You don't get that fluid change, but you get to keep the music going.

I'm sure the developer wants to sell copies if his program too be it to lionstracs users or PC users. If simply making the program go from style to style without stopping would increase sales, I'm sure the developer would only be too happy to implement that feature as a top priority.

So rather than replacing it with something else, I think some good communication with the developer would go a long way to making this app to everything you want.

Quote:

For Live Styler, yes.

For Live Arranger... yes and no.
Yes being that it has this function. I can see it and I can turn it on. No being when I turn it on I do not hear it working. I must point out though that I am only using the demo version of the progarm so I don't know if the reason why it's not working for me is caused by the fact that it's only a demo versions or if indeed there is a bug and it simply deosn't work yet.

Regards
James

#285617 - 04/20/10 10:34 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
AFG Music Offline

i agree with you James,

i think Nobert can create this option to.

he is a good programmer.

#285618 - 04/20/10 01:55 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The fact that AFG has to even ASK whether Ketron or Yamaha can play ON Bass chords pretty much exposes his ignorance about arrangers in general...

ALL arrangers for pretty much the last ten years or so have been able to play ON bass chords (slash chords, Bass Inversion, whatever you want to call them). Especially MOTL and TOTL arrangers. They are an integral part of music, absolutely essential to performing many different types of songs, and also to having true 'pianostyle' chord triggering. The fact that this BASIC function has been left off the MS since its' inception, and appears to not work correctly even on the third party software style players, relegates its' usefulness as an arranger to the same level as a toy Casio.

It's all well and good to gush about the advanced things it CAN do, but perhaps we ought to be paying more attention to the basic things it CAN'T?

This was Dom's mistake from the beginning. Rather than START with a fully functional arranger, and ADD the VSTi capability, he started with a VSTi player, and tried to shoehorn it INTO an arranger. And failed miserably, I hate to say. If you can't play simple chords like C/E, what's the POINT?

Page 4 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online