SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 17 of 28 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 27 28 >
Topic Options
#284905 - 04/10/10 11:56 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Coming from someone who has been trading insults and snide remarks with a couple of our members here lately, you aren't in ANY position to criticize me, old chum. Pot calling the kettle black, and all that...

But keep stirring... it's what you are good at!

Not really, but I've been trying to clean up my act, even though I do slip a little now and again...at least I'll make an attempt at removing some remarks that get a little too strong or personal.

On the other hand, you seem to be returning to your pre-ban ways, even using foul (or in the last case, fowl )language, not something I would think a clever wordsmith like yourself would need to do...and, how quickly you forget the agony of being away from SZ...the sleepless nights...the inability to hurl those quick little retorts...how you must have suffered at being silenced.

That's why I'm reminding you...so you won't hurt yourself again.

Ian

#284906 - 04/10/10 02:42 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Tell you what... you leave the moderating to Nigel, and stick to what you do best. OK?

#284907 - 04/10/10 03:16 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Tell you what... you leave the moderating to Nigel, and stick to what you do best. OK?

Diki, Diki, Diki, Diki...why must you be so ungrateful? I was only trying to help.

I must admit, your many stints in the self-appointed role of moderator were pretty good, but unfortunately, you weren't able to follow your own advice.

Still, it's good to have you back...a Diki-less Synth Zone was pretty boring. and I'm sure, in no time, you'll be right back at it again, doing whatever it is you do best.

Ian

#284908 - 04/10/10 04:25 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Too bad there isn't a pill for "lastworditis". Alternatively, either of you could start a new thread entitled "How to bicker over nothing". That would free up the other threads (and allow the rest of us to go 98% Audya discussion ). Although...........I'm still not missing Tony yet . Just kidding, Tony, I'm sure you're just busy mis-installing OS4 .

chas

PS: Please note the all-forgiving smilies .

#284909 - 04/10/10 04:52 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Chas...bickering over nothing is far better than bickering over something....you've been there yourself, so I know you'll agree.

The only problem is, like doing nothing all day, is that you never quite know when you are finished.

On a more musical note (pun intended), I actually had the opportunity to play my old Hammond B-3 and two Leslies yesterday afternoon, and will get another shot at it tomorrow...the guy that bought it had a birthday, and of course a party and a jam session...as they say, a good time was had by all, especially me.

You really can't beat the real thing, and as good as the new B-3 sounds are on my S910, they sound pretty lame after playing a real one....just the rapid fire response, and the immediate note triggering was such a joy to experience again.

My leg is sore from playing pedals, but there's no other experience like it...I always say, you don't play a Hammond B-3; you ride it!

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-10-2010).]

#284910 - 04/10/10 09:17 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Ian may be bickering abut nothing... I'M bickering about the complete refusal to provide any empirical evidence to back up a VERY strongly worded opinion.

If I completely disagree with someone about a musical or sound issue, I am MORE than happy to provide musical evidence for what I believe. I don't honestly expect anyone just to take my WORD for it, and neither should anyone else. Real world comparisons are the only time this forum, to be honest, actually produces anything of any real value other than an opportunity to waste a few hours kaffeeklatsching..

I've learned more about certain things in ONE posted musical example (James' Karma demonstration, for instance) than in a hundred back and forth backbiting sessions.

Thing is, Ian goes out and does a Yamaha clinic, he doesn't honestly expect to stand there and simply TELL everyone how good Yamaha's are. He knows, were he to do this, that a) no-one would believe a word of it, and b) he would be fired on the spot!

I simply can't see why something so utterly easy to do (takes five minutes) is something he is so strenuously objecting to. He's spent more time on this one thread POSTING his self appointed moderator comments than it would have taken him to simply provide a musical example to back up his opinion. So don't think that time is the issue whatsoever...

Why NOT settle the issue in an objective fashion? Or is simply posting snide comments at anyone that disagrees with him simply so much more FUN?

#284911 - 04/10/10 10:47 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Diki, go try the S910 or Tyros3 in a store and please give it a cut asking me to post samples, when you can easily go to a shop and really test the GTT mode out thoroughly for yourself. There's no proof better than in the playing; you've said that here many times over ad naseum.

I, and a few others, on the other hand, have asked for the Audya's guitars being demonstrated and simply because there is a disagreement that the instrument's use of two different guitar sounds to play complex chords is either transparent or it's more obvious.

Considering that neither you nor I may never play an Audya (nor do I believe you will ever buy one, unless they give it away), it would've been nice to have the earlier demos that were removed, to be once again restored...I don't expect any users/owners to post any, nor am I attempting to force them by the methods you seem to think effective, which to my mind, are just annoying, and in some cases, insulting.

At this point, I'd don't care if they ever post any demos....it's not THAT important to me.

So, do yourself a favor, and go try the Yamaha instruments for yourself...maybe you'll learn that you must have one...I couldn't care less, one way or the other.

And, please (pretty please, even), stop annoying me with your attempts at trying to make me do what YOU think I should do (you are your own worst enema when it comes to diplomacy)...I have already said NO...what part of the word don't you understand?

It's no wonder you run afoul of the forum guidelines so often...you seem to think they are made for everyone but you.

Ian

#284912 - 04/11/10 05:33 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Diki, go try the S910 or Tyros3 in a store and please give it a cut asking me to post samples, when you can easily go to a shop and really test the GTT mode out thoroughly for yourself. There's no proof better than in the playing; you've said that here many times over ad naseum.

I, and a few others, on the other hand, have asked for the Audya's guitars being demonstrated and simply because there is a disagreement that the instrument's use of two different guitar sounds to play complex chords is either transparent or it's more obvious.

Considering that neither you nor I may never play an Audya (nor do I believe you will ever buy one, unless they give it away), it would've been nice to have the earlier demos that were removed, to be once again restored...I don't expect any users/owners to post any, nor am I attempting to force them by the methods you seem to think effective, which to my mind, are just annoying, and in some cases, insulting.

At this point, I'd don't care if they ever post any demos....it's not THAT important to me.

So, do yourself a favor, and go try the Yamaha instruments for yourself...maybe you'll learn that you must have one...I couldn't care less, one way or the other.

And, please (pretty please, even), stop annoying me with your attempts at trying to make me do what YOU think I should do (you are your own worst enema when it comes to diplomacy)...I have already said NO...what part of the word don't you understand?

It's no wonder you run afoul of the forum guidelines so often...you seem to think they are made for everyone but you.

Ian

What hypocrisy.
The very thing you are refusing to do, is the very thing you are asking audya owners to do.

And to be fair to diki, the purpose of asking for both the Yamaha and Ketron guitar examples are to show ALL forum members how the two keyboards address guitar voicings of chords.

Personally I think what both of you all are asking for is pointless because 95% of the time the guitar and the cords would be played with the other parts of the style.

#284913 - 04/11/10 06:23 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:

What hypocrisy.
The very thing you are refusing to do, is the very thing you are asking audya owners to do.

Well, I'd hardly call Diki a hypocrite...he's just enthusiastic, and hell bent on people doing things at his pace, and not their own.

The main issue, and this thread, is about the Audya, and what all the fuss is about it...not how much better the Yamaha arrangers handle complex chords in their guitar tracks.

As I said, I couldn't care less if they (Ketron/Audya users post any demos at this point, and Diki's approach to asking anyone to do something, being a combination of mockery, and provocative statements, it's hardly any wonder anyone posts anything on this forum.

Gee, Genny, I thought you had disappeared...it is wonderful to see you back with all your wonderful, but slightly inaccurate, comments.

Ian

#284914 - 04/11/10 06:38 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Well, I'd hardly call Diki a hypocrite...he's just enthusiastic, and hell bent on people doing things at his pace, and not their own.

The main issue, and this thread, is about the Audya, and what all the fuss is about it...not how much better the Yamaha arrangers handle complex chords in their guitar tracks.

As I said, I couldn't care less if they (Ketron/Audya users post any demos at this point, and Diki's approach to asking anyone to do something, being a combination of mockery, and provocative statements, it's hardly any wonder anyone posts anything on this forum.

Gee, Genny, I thought you had disappeared...it is wonderful to see you back with all your wonderful, but slightly inaccurate, comments.

Ian

Well Ian
I see that you are still having comprehension issuesļ
This thread was about the Audya but you were the one making baseless assertions that the Yamaha way of playing guitar chords is better. Yet you are unwilling may be unable to back up that inaccurate assertion.

You know what they say. Empty vessels make the most noise.

Or are you afraid that Yamaha may dismiss you for making an assertion that is not true? Or an assertion you do not have the ability to back up?

Page 17 of 28 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 27 28 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online