SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 27 28 >
Topic Options
#284755 - 04/06/10 03:06 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
leezone Offline

Ian

really. ?

Just bass and drums?
Have you played an AudyA?
Have you listened to the audio guitars on the accomp?

I love my G-70. But to say it sounds "live".? Um. No
you think rolands guitars are better? No
yamahas accomp guitars better?

But I guess it's your opinion

And to say all audya has is bass and drums is ignorant.
IMO

#284756 - 04/06/10 03:07 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
are you serious?

Yes, of course I'm serious....why else would I make such a comment? Certainly not in jest.

The bass and drums are great...credit where credit is due, but the guitars are lackluster compared to them.

But, I've heard Diki's G-70, and it is it's equal as far as "live" sounding bass and drums (perhaps it was the player)...the Audya does a little better on the guitars, but not by much.

Maybe, with time, they will make it better.

The Audya, in my opinion, is essentially a very pricey two-trick pony...and, from the dearth of positive posts about it on this forum, apparently one that still has fleas.

Ian

#284757 - 04/06/10 03:17 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Ian

really. ?

Just bass and drums?

I've heard the guitars demonstrated....as far as playing an Audya, have you played one?

The guitars were good, but no better than what I hear with Korg's DNC and Yamaha's mega voices.

The "live" bass and drums aren't good enough to warrant such a ridiculously high price...and for a instrument that not quite finished...shame.

I've heard equally as good "live" bass and drums done on a G-70.

Ian

#284758 - 04/06/10 03:18 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Yes, of course I'm serious....why else would I make such a comment? Certainly not in jest.

Ian

so when did you get to spend some time with the Audya to draw this conclusion?

or are you judging it on hearsay or internet demos?

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 04-06-2010).]

#284759 - 04/06/10 03:25 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Ian

really. ?

Just bass and drums?

I love my G-70. But to say it sounds "live".? Um. No
you think rolands guitars are better? No
yamahas accomp guitars better?

But I guess it's your opinion

And to say all audya has is bass and drums is ignorant.
IMO

But your opinion is that the Audya is better.

Months ago I have listened to an Aydya in the Music store here in The Hague and it sounded very good. But I also listened to the Tyros 3 and the Korg PA 800 and I didn't find the Audya sound better. Qua drums the Ketron sounds the best but the solo sounds are not for me.

#284760 - 04/06/10 03:26 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
leezone Offline

Ian
YES. I've played an Audya. This past summer in Portugal

Ian
we ate not talking about lead guitar sounds
we are talking about accomp guitars. Audio guitars

Diki. Please compare the G-70 accomp. Midi guitars to the Audyas real live guitars. And which YOU think sound better

maybe Ian, You prefer to hear midi guitas over real Audio guitars....each his own

#284761 - 04/06/10 03:27 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
so when did you get to spend some time with the Audya?

I've heard the demos.

Look pal, I know you need to defend the Audya...I understand your position, but please, I know what I hear...the bass and drums are great...the guitar parts are just okay.

Maybe they'll improve them so that I will like them but, right now, from what I've heard, they just don't impress...Korg's DNC and Yamaha's mega voices are far more flexible to work with, and sound every bit as good, or better.

Ian

#284762 - 04/06/10 03:35 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have an Audya, Roland E80, E50, and had a Yamaha S900 all sitting side by side in my office. Trust me, the Audya will make you want to throw rocks at the Yamaha, and as much as I like the Rolands, I don't turn them on since I got the Audya.
Only thing I prefer on the Yamaha is a few of the lead guitar sounds and some sax sounds. The Yamaha vocal harmonizer makes me want to gag, and the drums are not any better than Casio. But that's o.k. if you like them, or have gotten so used to them that they sound right to you. They seem to be the same drum sounds and the same harmonizer that debuted in the PSR8000 a dozen or so years ago.
As impatient as I am for the Audya upgrade to 4.0, I'm happy playing it as is. I don't recall Yamaha EVER coming up with a free improvement of any kind, as Ketron, Roland and Korg all have done.

The ironic thing is, Yamaha will probably be around when all the others are gone because they continue to allow us to pay for an entire new model every couple of years in order to get a few minor new things.
Of course these are just my opinions. They just happen to be right.
DonM

#284763 - 04/06/10 03:37 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:

Ian

maybe Ian, You prefer to hear midi guitas over real Audio guitars....each his own

Well Lee, it's my opinion that the Audya's guitar parts, in the accompaniment, sound okay, but are nothing special...the bass and drums are special...the guitars, less so.

In fact, it was a few of Diki's tunes that he sent to me, that formed my opinion about the G-70's bass and drums.

The Audya may be special to you, and that's fine...I think you've been selling yourself on it the past few months anyway...but, my opinion is objective, and based on what I've heard.

I also think that Audya will have a tough time with extra styles and third party support.

Ian

#284764 - 04/06/10 03:38 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Ian
YES. I've played an Audya. This past summer in Portugal

Ian

Diki. Please compare the G-70 accomp. Midi guitars to the Audyas real live guitars. And which YOU think sound better

But what about the sampled sounds. The sounds you use to play your solos. Korg and Yamaha are the best sounding IMO.

Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 27 28 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online