Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#282111 - 02/24/10 05:19 AM New Vintage Keyboards from Native Instruments
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#282112 - 02/24/10 01:43 PM Re: New Vintage Keyboards from Native Instruments
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
But, given how Native Instruments dropped a few of its' favorite VSTi's from further updates a while ago, you might want to worry about how long they will continue to support it...

BTW, anyone notice the new Clavinet model for Modaart's Pianoteq3, announced recently? Pretty good sounding, IMO... Have you tried Pianoteq yet, Bill? Got enough horsepower to run it? They got Rhodes, Wurli's and Clav's as well as a variety of acoustic pianos, and the demos all sound pretty good to me...

#282113 - 02/24/10 02:34 PM Re: New Vintage Keyboards from Native Instruments
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Down at the bottom is ad for Kore and Kontakt 4 players for free. Of course it is a come on to buy content, but I have Collossus, Kontakt 2,and other NI samples. I wonder if they would play on one or both.

#282114 - 02/24/10 03:05 PM Re: New Vintage Keyboards from Native Instruments
abacus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
Down at the bottom is ad for Kore and Kontakt 4 players for free. Of course it is a come on to buy content, but I have Collossus, Kontakt 2,and other NI samples. I wonder if they would play on one or both.

You need the latest Kontakt 4 to run them (Free or full versions)

Bill

#282115 - 02/24/10 03:17 PM Re: New Vintage Keyboards from Native Instruments
abacus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
But, given how Native Instruments dropped a few of its' favorite VSTi's from further updates a while ago, you might want to worry about how long they will continue to support it...

BTW, anyone notice the new Clavinet model for Modaart's Pianoteq3, announced recently? Pretty good sounding, IMO... Have you tried Pianoteq yet, Bill? Got enough horsepower to run it? They got Rhodes, Wurli's and Clav's as well as a variety of acoustic pianos, and the demos all sound pretty good to me...

There sample packs for Kontakt 4 so support will not be a problem.

I tried Pianoteq some time ago, and with a 3GHZ P4 and 2GB of Ram it didn’t even break into a sweat. (I tried it solo, in styles and both together)(Most VSTi are pretty CPU& Ram efficient these days)

I find Pianissimo to give the better sound at the moment, however with the amount of Piano I use, I cannot justify either.

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online