SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#280016 - 01/26/10 01:47 PM Re: Drum machine died, need a replacement
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I can't help but say that I'm buying back a lot of the same equipment I sold a few years ago. There's something missing, for me, in many of today's newer items. I can't put my finger on it, but maybe it's a melding of technology and usefullness.

Don't throw the idea of another DR-3 out the window until you actually find something you like better.

#280017 - 01/26/10 04:23 PM Re: Drum machine died, need a replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by doc-z:
That WK thingy how big is it? Will it let me play piano like I normally would play piano? Or do I have to alter my playing to suit the arranger?

HERE are the specs for the WK2HD MIDI Arranger. Yes, there is a full keyboard mode that will allow you to play in a normal piano type of way and the accompaniment will keep up. Of course that last statement depends on just what your normal way of piano playing is. For the most part, I have never had a problem with it. You do have to keep in mind that you are working with another musician so to speak, but that is really no big deal.

Just the drum machine side alone, with its 4 each of intros, variations and endings and tap tempo makes the WK2HD MIDI Arranger a nice module. The fact that it is a full arranger with internal hard drive and vocal harmonizer is icing on the cake.

#280018 - 01/26/10 04:42 PM Re: Drum machine died, need a replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

I forgot to make a comment on the DR-3. I had one for a while but found it very annoying in the way it handles fills. To explain, if the pattern currently playing is a 4 bar pattern, and you press a fill-in button anywhere within the pattern, the fill doesn't start until the pattern has completed all of its bars, and then the fill-in will play it's entire length which almost always threw the drums out of sync by at least one bar. Maybe there is a way to change this but I couldn't find it.

On the WK2HD-MA, and many other arranger instruments, a fill will occur as soon as the fill button is pressed and will only play as much of the fill as needed as to not throw things off by a bar or more. "I hope that makes sense".

#280019 - 01/26/10 07:24 PM Re: Drum machine died, need a replacement
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Just d'loaded the DR-880 manual... I completely withdraw my recommendation of it. Sure, it SOUNDS cool, but there's no on the fly kicking of fills. I must have been thinking of something else.

Sorry.

#280020 - 01/27/10 01:09 AM Re: Drum machine died, need a replacement
Sean P Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Just d'loaded the DR-880 manual... I completely withdraw my recommendation of it. Sure, it SOUNDS cool, but there's no on the fly kicking of fills. I must have been thinking of something else.

Sorry.

You can do "on-the-fly" kicking of fills on the DR 880 if you do some programming via the EZ Compose feature.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online