SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#280058 - 01/26/10 02:37 AM Countdown OS 4, only 9 minute !!!
Magica Alfa Offline

I have found this interesting video about setup of system from 0 to full working and playing:

YOUTUBE Countdown OS 4, only 9 minute

Watch it and if somebody can install faster and set up one WINDOWS with one program on PC faster than this one with full working.

ENJOY

#280059 - 01/26/10 05:55 AM Re: Countdown OS 4, only 9 minute !!!
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
lol.... using the words “countdown” and “OS4.0” in the title is a dangerous thing to do around here considering all the Ketron threads that are running.

Anyway.....

Yeah, that was quick.

Regards
James

#280060 - 01/26/10 06:06 AM Re: Countdown OS 4, only 9 minute !!!
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Magica
What relevance has this to a typical keyboard player, this should all be done at the factory so that you can just switch on and play?

If you want to be safe from an unlikely crash, you just create an image of the drive and re-load it if required, and is a lot less hassle then set-up from new.

Bill

#280061 - 01/26/10 06:37 AM Re: Countdown OS 4, only 9 minute !!!
Magica Alfa Offline

Yes James you are right.
My mistake in name of topic.
But anyway I like that name of topic.

So fast full set up or upgrade as that is I did not have also on standard keyboards.

That is really fast also for them. But what is interesting is that for PC I need couple days to set up well. Here are only 9 minutes.

Anyway set up is really fast even if you use true image files.

Yes Bill also you are right. Main setup is coming from factory.

This is more like changing OS Windows XP to Windows 7 and set it up and include all new programs.
In our language mean that "changing from old keyboard to new". But here is hardware same

#280062 - 01/26/10 09:38 AM Re: Countdown OS 4, only 9 minute !!!
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Magica Alfa:
Yes James you are right.
My mistake in name of topic.
But anyway I like that name of topic.

Sorry maybe you didn't pick up on the humour because of the language barrier. I was just being funny and joking because of the never ending count down Ketron have been running since before Christmas.

Nothing wrong with your thread title at all. I just found it funny.

Kind Regards
James

#280063 - 01/26/10 09:40 AM Re: Countdown OS 4, only 9 minute !!!
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Magica Alfa:
I have found this interesting video about setup of system from 0 to full working and playing:

[b]YOUTUBE Countdown OS 4, only 9 minute

Watch it and if somebody can install faster and set up one WINDOWS with one program on PC faster than this one with full working.

ENJOY[/B]

Wasn't the OS4 I had in mind - mines the mythical one from Ketron that takes 4 months to load on, anyway I watched the YOUTUBE and turned it off about 5 mins in, got bored, it’s was like watching paint dry. Bit more exciting though. I didn't take offence to it. Every dog has his day and mine will come, we'll I think so!

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 01-26-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online